OT: College BBall ratings for the entire season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: College BBall ratings for the entire season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was brilliant. You just clearly demonstrated that, if there was no such thing as NCAA football, our fans would rather play hoops and other sports in the Big East. Thank you so much for clearing that up.

Of course, UConn does play football, and even if it didn't there would be a fear as to whether basketball onlies will, 20 years from now, be positioned to play basketball at the top level.

You know what's brilliant is your overall attitude towards anyone that has a differing opinion than you.

1. Don't complain about the attendance next year at XL with the great conference schedule that we are going to be lining up against.
2. The basketball onlies will never be shut out from the top level.
3. Football independence could be done, but so could approaching the AAC about football only membership.

UCONN does not belong in a southern conference, plain and simple. My apologies that you don't feel the same way I do.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The same argument could have been made in December 2012 when many of us were saying that Pasqualoni should be fired. We deferred to Warde then. How did that work out?

Having Warde hire Diaco? Home run.

Does Diaco come to UCONN if we fired PP in 2012? Does that hurt our ability to get a big time coach?

Who knows?

But I can't imagine a better guy for the job than Diaco.

WOW!!!

Between Ollie and Diaco, we are in great shape!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The same argument could have been made in December 2012 when many of us were saying that Pasqualoni should be fired. We deferred to Warde then. How did that work out?

The rest of the post is hopes and prayers. Every objective measurement shows headwinds for the athletic department from this conference, and your argument is that "the Big 10 will save us!!!". Rutgers did actually get saved by the Big 10, but that took almost a decade of dialogue and membership in a pretty strong Big East. Where will UConn's athletic program be after a decade in this conference?

Nelson's MO: When my current strawman is burnt to a crisp, I build another.

It makes me question your political views as well, as your strategy is more in line with that of the right of center. I mentioned the Big Ten exactly once and it was in terms of where the administration's focus was pointed.

I don't know where UConn's athletic department will be, but here's the thing...neither do you. I would really prefer that you stop acting like your crap doesn't stink.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You know what's brilliant is your overall attitude towards anyone that has a differing opinion than you.

1. Don't complain about the attendance next year at XL with the great conference schedule that we are going to be lining up against.
2. The basketball onlies will never be shut out from the top level.
3. Football independence could be done, but so could approaching the AAC about football only membership.

UCONN does not belong in a southern conference, plain and simple. My apologies that you don't feel the same way I do.

You believe a polite answer would be preferable? I'll go for it. Your point one and your conclusion make my point. You are telling me that, from a basketball perspective, we would be better off in the Big East. You will not find any on this board who think that is an unreasonable conclusion, and you would probably find a majority who agree with you. I agree with you. I think in a non-football world we'd be better off in the A-Ten than we are in the American.

Your point 2 is your opinion, but you are simply making a prediction about things that no one knows. You may end up being right. But you also may end up being wrong. And in your point 3, you are making a statement that most here don't just disagree with but feel strongly opposite. Why the heck would the American want us for football only? Why would southern second tier football schools want to travel to Hartford, and share revenue, with us in football. And what is your precedent for thinking that an eastern state university could survive as a football independent? Your answer apparently is the illogical one that no one else does it but we could.

So I am sorry I was not polite the first time responding to your post. But your logic is not stronger by virtue of me attempting to take your words seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom