OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Brady out for 4 and Pats lose a first round pick. Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So what should the Patriots have left out of their rebuttal, pretell?

The bolded statement. The text between brady and the equipment guy had nothing to do with anything controversial at all. It can't even be interpreted that way. So it's unnecessary to explicitly state anything when the evidence is so convincingly on your side. Because then people like the ones on this board can read a statement like the bolded one instead of he actual text messages and say it's just the pats opinion about the text messages.

I wish the patriots kept their opinions to a minimum and simply laid out the evidence to avoid people calling their rebuttal a patriots opinion piece.

Reaction Score
The bolded statement. The text between brady and the equipment guy had nothing to do with anything controversial at all. It can't even be interpreted that way. So it's unnecessary to explicitly state anything when the evidence is so convincingly on your side. Because then people like the ones on this board can read a statement like the bolded one instead of he actual text messages and say it's just the pats opinion about the text messages.

I wish the patriots kept their opinions to a minimum and simply laid out the evidence to avoid people calling their rebuttal a patriots opinion piece.

Yes. This is the point I was trying to make. They had enough to do an actual "hit" piece and filled it up with a bunch of propaganda, which will only make things worse. Sometimes people can't help themselves.

Reaction Score
Rondogg said:
The NFL spent $3-$4 MILLION dollars to investigate ball tampering which apparently is a $25k fine. Why would they do that if they didn't have an agenda?

Um, I have to ask. What agenda do you think the NFL had? Why would they go after the Super Bowl Champs and one of the faces of the NFL? I am seriously curious.

Reaction Score
It makes me sad that real human people are so invested, and spend so much of their time/energy defending a football player for a crime that it doesn't really matter if he did it or not, because you have no control over the outcome and it's a game that really has no importance in the scheme of life.

But yes, Bradyt is guilty and the Pats are awful at coverup and awful at PR.

I know you are iust trying to be a troll about this, but its still ironic that you are saying I'm wasting my time given the number of posts you have on the boneyard.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why do people who can't argue often resort to become grammar Nazis?
You know, I get it. It is distracting. That said, I feel like I'm one of the worst typo offenders on the board.

Reaction Score
If you want to post with other like-minded people who believe the Pat's line of BS, maybe you should post over on the Boston College board.
Why would this make any sense as a suggestion to do ? Are you incorrectly assuming that the BC Alums are majority N.E. Pats fans? If you are, then you don't understand that BC is a national private university and as such most of their alums are just as likely to be NY Giants/ Jets / Atlanta Falcons/ Steelers, etc NFL football fans than N.E. Patriots fans. The BC's boards as such are chock full of NY Giants fans, for just one example. They don't like the N.E. Patriots, so this suggestion to go there for this doesn't make much sense to me.

Reaction Score
Tom Brady's new uniform jersey number for the upcoming season :.........."12. 5"

Reaction Score
Interesting analogy. Just curious, what happened with the PSU sanctions?

I hesitate to compare the two, in that one involves horrible and heinous crimes against children and the other, the removal of one-pound(+/-) psi from footballs. However, as dissimilar as the two situations are, they will end similarly. There will be no winners. The League looks like the old, silent movie version of Keystone Cops. The Patriots look like some absurd caricature of incompetent eastern bloc cold war spies. Way to "protect the shield" guys.

I can't help but think that the Commissioner, the Patriots and one or more people representing the other owners (as watchdogs) could have resolved the whole matter, including the appropriate punishment, in a week. Part of the resolution would include the understanding that all liaison with the media be handled by the league office. All NFL parties within/without the investigation "gagged."
The print media would have coughed up a lung. A lesson in humility. TV, as it always does, would have reacted like a business in mortal fear of being frozen out of NFL bidding/negotiation for broadcast rights.

What the League got was an unsightly, media driven three party wh0-has-the-bigger-male-organ contest between a $40.0 Million per year Commissioner, a billionaire owner and, arguably, the League's most popular and iconic player.

Nobody, including fans, needed this Soap Opera.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If you combine all the pages of the deflate-____ threads, they probably approach the length of the Non-Key Tweets thread. The NFL loves this. It keeps them on the front of the sports page.

BTW, I heard on WEEI yesterday afternoon that the NFLPA wants Goodell to recuse himself because he is a key witness who they plan on calling.

CL82

Reaction Score
This great stuff. Where did you find it Friar?

Reaction Score
This all will probably wind up being taken outside of the NFL and into a Court before a Judge by the Krafts and / or Brady. The Pats want to see what Goodell and the rest of the league did in their investigation ( or as the Players Union is now calling it, ie a potential coordinated " sting operation ") so that when they go to a Court later, they have a clearer picture of what the actions of the NFL was on this right from the getgo. This NFL Appeals Process is the first step and should probably provide them what they need, once they go to Court later.Brady will probably have to release his emails, and for its part, the NFL will be required to turn over a mountain of so far undisclosed info, phone calls, emails, on their actions too, including any and all correspondence with Indy, Baltimore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lupica is in the middle of an epic rant on this.

(He believes they are guilty btw)

Reaction Score
J187Money said:
Lupica is in the middle of an epic rant on this.

(He believes they are guilty btw)

Brady can knock himself out with appeals (and no, he won't go into a civil court because he'd be forced to disclose his cell phone records) it's not going to change the fact that he orchestrated this fiasco.

CL82

Reaction Score
Brady can knock himself out with appeals (and no, he won't go into a civil court because he'd be forced to disclose his cell phone records) it's not going to change the fact that he orchestrated this fiasco.
...and you know that "fact" because...?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Um, I have to ask. What agenda do you think the NFL had?

It's Goodell's agenda, not the NFL. It's all about his quest for personal power by taking out his main rival. Goodell is the real-life John Houseman from Rollerball.

Reaction Score
  • Anyone glad that the pat's are facing a 'real' team in their opening against the pack because if they were playing the Bucs or other weak team, even without Brady, the final score would be like 77 to 0? Bellichick has been know to carry grudges and make 'enemies' pay for it.

Reaction Score
Kraft drops appeal.

After the laughable response by the Patriots to the Wells Report, which Sportsman was actually fooled by, Kraft's advisers probably told him had no chance to win if this was what they had to respond with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom