OT:Brad Paisley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT:Brad Paisley

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
there are no more parties. anyone caught throwing a party will be arrested per a new mansfield ordinance.

Really?? Wow, does it suck to go to UCONN now? Not even a sarcastic question. I think I remember you are still a student. Or are you messing with me?

Reaction Score
Really?? Wow, does it suck to go to UCONN now? Not even a sarcastic question. I think I remember you are still a student. Or are you messing with me?

No I'm dead serious. I graduated in 2014 but I still have friends there. From 2010-2013 it got progressively worse every year, they lightened up a little in 2014, and now it's the worst it has ever been.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No I'm dead serious. I graduated in 2014 but I still have friends there. From 2010-2013 it got progressively worse every year, they lightened up a little in 2014, and now it's the worst it has ever been.

Damn man, that's a shame. I didn't even go to UCONN (grew up in CT), but had many a good time over the years. Storrs is in the middle of the damn boonies, if you can't have a party, what the hell are you supposed to do?

Reaction Score
Damn man, that's a shame. I didn't even go to UCONN (grew up in CT), but had many a good time over the years. Storrs is in the middle of the damn boonies, if you can't have a party, what the hell are you supposed to do?

The school is pushing their sponsored events hard. The town and police really screwed everything up. Basically, carriage got shut down and then they started policing hunting lodge rd really harshly. If there was anyone in your lawn the cops would fine you and if there was a crowd inside they would break up the party, usually around 10PM, and fine you. This forced all of the parties to streets branching off 195. Now there were parties in/around regular neighborhoods and the townies got even more pissed so they started coming up with new fines and ordinances, now resulting in arrests for the occupants.

If they left everything alone in the first place, everything would still be centered around Hunting Lodge (where almost 100% of the properties are student rentals) and it would have been easy to manage and contain like it had been forever. The townies had a good thing going for them, but they want to have their cake and eat it too, and it backfired tremendously. Now they're just trying to escalate it even further bringing in state police to target all rental properties throughout the weekend nights.

The school has not addressed this at all because they no longer want to be associated with an active night life, and the town of Mansfield does not want anything to do with it either. Even though most people living in Mansfield are employed by the school or work for/own local businesses, they hate the school and the students. They knowingly moved into a town where there is a major university and then get all NIMBY about it, neglecting the fact that if it weren't for the students they would not have their jobs and all of the benefits like the Storrs center and everything else that encompasses living in a college town.

I could go on, but I've written enough and I still get mad just thinking about it

Reaction Score
there are no more parties. anyone caught throwing a party will be arrested per a new mansfield ordinance.
I believe you now can you go back and delete your posts. If recruits were to find this out . . . . . . . . . . .

Anyways like prohibition decades ago, where there's a will there's a way. And I've heard (;)) that there is no better party than an underground party.

Reaction Score
I believe you now can you go back and delete your posts. If recruits were to find this out . . . . . . . . . . .

Anyways like prohibition decades ago, where there's a will there's a way. And I've heard (;)) that there is no better party than an underground party.

cuz an underground party don't stop.

You can still find stuff but it's all small gatherings. No more 100-300 people at a house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom