OT:Brad Paisley | The Boneyard

OT:Brad Paisley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How come for why is that for?
Paisley has already made stops at the Camping World Kickoff in Orlando, West Virginia and Ohio State with additional stops scheduled at the Air Force Academy, East Carolina, Nebraska, Kansas and UCLA.

Reaction Score
CtcwU5cWYAEA9Yb.jpg:large

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is a big deal. The guy is really good live, great guitar player. Should be a packed house and I like the optics. He's a WVU fan by the way.

Reaction Score
I bet our recruiting hopefuls are just over the moon about a Brad Paisley appearance...

Couldn't they go for a younger and less white audience on this? I know plenty of people like country music for some reason, but come on!

Reaction Score
I bet our recruiting hopefuls are just over the moon about a Brad Paisley appearance...

Couldn't they go for a younger and less white audience on this? I know plenty of people like country music for some reason, but come on!

Younger???

Check out one of the multitude of country shows at the Meadows in Hartford every summer. It's mostly 20-somethings (and younger). One huge tailgate.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Younger???

Check out one of the multitude of country shows at the Meadows in Hartford every summer. It's mostly 20-somethings (and younger). One huge tailgate.

Same is true in the Boston area. They had to make major changes to Country Fest at Gillette because there were too many college kids binge drinking and so on.

I'd say that this concert is very "Big XII".

Reaction Score
Same is true in the Boston area. They had to make major changes to Country Fest at Gillette because there were too many college kids binge drinking and so on.

I'd say that this concert is very "Big XII".

100% a valid point, but still I highly doubt many of our current and prospective basketball players are fans of Mr Paisley. Students will enjoy it no doubt, but when Kentucky is marching Drake around, this doesn't really help our recruiting unless we're after some big corn-fed white boy named Caleb I haven't noticed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
100% a valid point, but still I highly doubt many of our current and prospective basketball players are fans of Mr Paisley. Students will enjoy it no doubt, but when Kentucky is marching Drake around, this doesn't really help our recruiting unless we're after some big corn-fed white boy named Caleb I haven't noticed.
It's a football game-based event, not basketball.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

It has nothing to do with basketball recruiting. It's designed to get people to the football game. And yes, some football recruits would think it was cool. I do think some good, white suburban basketball players exist too you know, even if we aren't recruiting any at the moment.

Did you gloss over this from @Sonofabeach ? "Paisley has already made stops at the Camping World Kickoff in Orlando, West Virginia and Ohio State with additional stops scheduled at the Air Force Academy, East Carolina, Nebraska, Kansas and UCLA." That's good company.

Reaction Score
My bad, I was thinking this was some sort of basketball game event since its the basketball board, completely my fault. For a football game, this makes a lot more sense, carry on

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
My bad, I was thinking this was some sort of basketball game event since its the basketball board, completely my fault. For a football game, this makes a lot more sense, carry on
If it was a basketball event, they'd invite a has-been performer such as MC Hammer, Young MC or Vanilla Ice....

C

Chief00

Got it - but could help us recruit some football and hockey players. Jake did really liked country music - maybe we can identify a guy like him for a visit.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Watching the game will be painful enough for UConn fans. No need to double up.

Reaction Score
You guys that are thinking Brad Paisley isn't relevant are being typical Yankees or tone deaf city slickers. Country music and college football go together and just about anywhere in the country you will find football, beer, babes, boots, tailgating and country music seamlessly tied together. This is great culturally for UConn to integrate itself with the Midwest, South and Southwest. Saying it is lame just perpetuates the idea that UConn doesn't fit in with those schools and the culture. Even if you don't like it, be happy that a big national act is coming to campus to help promote football in CT.

I'd like to see the school put on a football and concert tailgate weekend at the Rent. Music, food, RV's etc. all wrapped around a game. That is big time college football for everyone. Sometimes you need to use other means to draw people to games.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
At least it's better than Toby Keith or Kenny Chesney. Paisley has some real guitar-pickin' talent.

I also think Paisley fans don't trash the surrounding area as much as fans of the other two.

Not my thing, but if it's yours, have fun with it.

But if you're looking at this as a big time cultural thing that would appeal to the B12, then wouldn't that mean Air Force and ECU are in contention as well? Besides, if the goal is the B1G, shouldn't they reanimate Bob Seger for a performance?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There will be a bunch of young chicks is daisy dukes doing keg stands. Don't think any recruit is gonna poo poo this sort of thing.

Reaction Score
There will be a bunch of young chicks is daisy dukes doing keg stands. Don't think any recruit is gonna poo poo this sort of thing.

Yes I'm sure that will happen in Gampel.

you all realize this is just a free concert from IMG and it happened to fit into the tour dates, right? We're an IMG partner and it's his label. Nothing more, nothing less.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yes I'm sure that will happen in Gampel.

Of course not, but the parties at various places before/after the event will probably be countryfest-esque. Maybe it'll be cocktail party night at UCONN, but I'd doubt it.

Reaction Score
Of course not, but the parties at various places before/after the event will probably be countryfest-esque. Maybe it'll be cocktail party night at UCONN, but I'd doubt it.
there are no more parties. anyone caught throwing a party will be arrested per a new mansfield ordinance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom