OT: Berman in final season at ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Berman in final season at ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
praise Jesus.

Am looking forward to be able to watch their pregame show in 2017.
The pregame show will still suck. By nature all pre and post game shows suck. Just get on with the game.

Reaction Score
By nature all pre and post game shows suck. Just get on with the game.
LOL I'm afraid the buildup to---and the post mortem after---are often much better than the game itself.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I always rooted for the guy but he is long past his sell-by date. it was a good run.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
He's well past his prime and his schtick is old. But he has been bigger than anyone around the NFL since the 1980's, except for John Madden.

Reaction Score
idk, i'm not anxious to push Berman out the door

I agree he's obnoxious at times, but he's been on the air literally as long as I've been watching sports (I'm 28). It'll be kind of a sad day when he goes, and it'll make me feel really old.

Reaction Score
Berman re-invented sportscasting. He is probably the most important sports media figure of the 20th century. A few folks might say it's Cossell but he was a blip, Berman started a tsunami.

Reaction Score
I respect anyone who's a Whalers fan. Buccigross too for supporting UConn Hockey.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL at Berman being the best sportscaster in 50 years.

Did Vin Skully get abducted by aliens?

Chris Berman over Brent?

Berman is terrible at events - he read highlights in an entertaining fashion for a few years. Then he spent a few decades annoying everyone.

Rumblin Stumblin Fumblin...yeah good stuff.

Reaction Score

Chris Berman over Brent?

Berman is terrible at events - he read highlights in an entertaining fashion for a few years. Then he spent a few decades annoying everyone.

Anybody over Brent!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Musberger is still one of the best in the business.

It's a pretty silly conversation - I look forward to someone telling me a memorable event that Berman called. Non home run derby category.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Uh, he called the Cons vs the Guards.

He was the 2nd best in the booth that day though.
original.jpg
It's a pretty silly conversation - I look forward to someone telling me a memorable event that Berman called. Non home run derby category.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Still love John "Tonight Let It Be" Lowenstein and Oddibe "Young Again" McDowell. Oh, and Britt "Third Degree" Burns and even Von "Purple" Hayes.

Reaction Score

Chris Berman over Brent?

Skully did not re-invent anything. Nether did Brent. hey were two of many who had long professional careers.

Berman made sports center relevant, fun and can't miss TV. It changed how we viewed and felt about sports.

Skully is a nice man but he didn't achieve anything close to Berman.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Skully did not re-invent anything. Nether did Brent. hey were two of many who had long professional careers.

Berman made sports center relevant, fun and can't miss TV. It changed how we viewed and felt about sports.

Skully is a nice man but he didn't achieve anything close to Berman.

Berman wasn't even on the best version of Sportscenter. A guy yelling over football highlights had a better career than Vin Scully? Yikes.

Reaction Score
Not to make Pal's head explode but Olbermann had as much to do as anybody did in changing SC to the farce that it has now become.

All of the anchors have bigger egos than the athletes. They think it's all about them.

Reaction Score
Berman wasn't even on the best version of Sportscenter. A guy yelling over football highlights had a better career than Vin Scully? Yikes.

Wow, to ignore Berman's contributions to sports broadcasting is to willfully shut your eyes. His marriage of rock and roll with sports influenced a generation (or two or three) of sports casters. His humor and playfulness not only made SC must watch TV, he became the face of ESPN during the most explosive years of its growth. He owns about every possible award given to sports casters and deserves them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom