OT: Anyone here from Northern Vermont? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Anyone here from Northern Vermont?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If I could put Vermonters into one sentence it would be they will work really hard to not have a 9 to 5 job.

Everyone seems to have some method of generating side income with not a ton of exposure to major metropolitan or suburban life. I wouldn't be surprised if their entire economy is passing around the same worn bills that tourists drop off in the fall and winter.

Reaction Score
If I could put Vermonters into one sentence it would be they will work really hard to not have a 9 to 5 job.

Everyone seems to have some method of generating side income with not a ton of exposure to major metropolitan or suburban life. I wouldn't be surprised if their entire economy is passing around the same worn bills that tourists drop off in the fall and winter.

Great observation. I have a guy that takes care of some handyman stuff at our place and checks on the house now and then. He is a logger, excavator, home watch guy, handyman and snow plow guy. Last year I asked if he did weeding and pulling cat tails from around ponds. He said, "that I don't do, but I'll have someone call you about it". The next morning a lady calls to tell me she does that kind of work. It was his wife.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Great observation. I have a guy that takes care of some handyman stuff at our place and checks on the house now and then. He is a logger, excavator, home watch guy, handyman and snow plow guy. Last year I asked if he did weeding and pulling cat tails from around ponds. He said, "that I don't do, but I'll have someone call you about it". The next morning a lady calls to tell me she does that kind of work. It was his wife.

I have more than a few friends that went woodsy. The common thread was they hated the 9 to 5 and didn't mind doing a bunch of odd things to make it happen.

The other common report was that the real estate market was quite odd. Tough market to sell in rural spots. A lot of squatters. They had to be very careful to whom they rented housing locally.

Reaction Score
Camel's Hump is a nice hike. For pizza I like Mr Z's in Barre. Zachary 's in South Burlington. X country skiing at Trapp family lodge. Hen of The Wood in Waterbury is a great restaurent.

Reaction Score
I live in the hanover/lebanon area on the Vermont side, also known as the upper valley. Which is essentially the beginning of northern Vermont. I also go up to St Johnsbury for Work fairly frequently which is most definitely northern Vermont. Vermont is awesome, best beer in the country and a serious lack of d0uchebags, part of that could be because there really are not very many people;)

Reaction Score
Oh and my pic there is of Lake Willoughby, with a tulip glass of Abner from Hill Farmstead, does not get any more northern Vermont than that

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I live in the hanover/lebanon area on the Vermont side, also known as the upper valley. Which is essentially the beginning of northern Vermont. I also go up to St Johnsbury for Work fairly frequently which is most definitely northern Vermont. Vermont is awesome, best beer in the country and a serious lack of d0uchebags, part of that could be because there really are not very many people;)

It's probably not the number so much as the spacing. I think the douchbag to population ratio is one of those universal constants, like if you are in a room with 26 people you are more likely than not to share a birthday with someone in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom