Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
got a few questions for you.

PM to temery

Reaction Score
I spend a little time in Island Pond, the northeast corner. There are many trees there.

On the northwestern side, Burlington is actually a happening place. Lot of great restaurants and craft brewer on every corner.

Reaction Score
Live in Barre, Barre town that is. Work in Williston. Go to UVM games.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What state is Northern Vernmont in?
or do you mean Vermont? Just kiddin
Not from or live in northern Vermont but have spent loads of time there - if Burlington wasn't there - Wow
But I am into antiques so the land fits me fine

Reaction Score
I live at the end of a dead end street in the Farmington Valley. The guy across from me never sold his child hood home with over six acres of land. He now lives in upstate Vermont, but is a horder type and has pretty much kept everything his parents have ever bought (including six cars) and I don't want to see inside the house or the barns on the property. He is the nicest guy in the world but when he is around (every other weekend) if I try to throw something away he will take it. I picture all people from northern Vermont are that way. I can put you in touch with him if you are still interested.

Reaction Score
Piecasso in Stowe has great pizza. Pie in the Sky is gone, it is now called The Bench. They still have pizza to go with a solid foodie menu, but Piecasso is way better.

Waterbury has great pizza at The Bluestone. Montpelier, Barre and Plainfield have Positive Pie, which is owned by same people that own Piecasso. Good pizza there too.

I don't live there all the time, but when I do, I prefer to eat pizza.

Reaction Score
Actually American Flatbread in Burlington and Folinos (next to Fiddlehead Brewery in Shelburne are good places to get a pie.

Reaction Score
Piecasso in Stowe has great pizza. Pie in the Sky is gone, it is now called The Bench. They still have pizza to go with a solid foodie menu, but Piecasso is way better.

Waterbury has great pizza at The Bluestone. Montpelier, Barre and Plainfield have Positive Pie, which is owned by same people that own Piecasso. Good pizza there too.

Parker Pie in Glover. Get the Green Mountain Special: maple soaked spinach leaves, cheddar, Vermont cure bacon, apple slices, red onion, and garlic.

Wash it down with the Hill Farmstead on tap.

Reaction Score

well there goes part of my childhood...we used to go skiing at stowe every year on president's week and we always ate at pie in the sky at least 2 or 3 times, and grabbed a burger at Gracie's

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Lived in Burlington for 3 years, but that was a loooonnnnnnggggg time ago.

Reaction Score
well there goes part of my childhood...we used to go skiing at stowe every year on president's week and we always ate at pie in the sky at least 2 or 3 times, and grabbed a burger at Gracie's

Gracie's moved and then moved again. Last month they announced they are closing for good. The Stowe restaurant scene has changed a lot, in general for the better. Lots of new places with a huge focus on beer and comfort food. I really enjoy our time there. It's a great town and seems to be constantly improving. They just added a cool little bowling alley with maybe 6 lanes. It is like bowling at the Ritz. Good food, beer, bar, huge tv's above the lanes with sports on etc. The new facilities at the mountain are amazing too. They will compete with any resort in the country.

Reaction Score
Parker Pie in Glover. Get the Green Mountain Special: maple soaked spinach leaves, cheddar, Vermont cure bacon, apple slices, red onion, and garlic.

Wash it down with the Hill Farmstead on tap.
Grew up on Lake Parker in West Glover for my first 30 summers. Went back a few years ago after my sister rebuilt the place and could not believe what they had turned the old country store into. Parker Pie was amazing. Not much up there but for us it was pretty much just fishing and relaxing with an occasional trip for antiques or to the various fairs. Plenty of skiing of course for the Winter folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom