OT: 2016 NBA Draft Early Entrants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 2016 NBA Draft Early Entrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I do not agree that he has the athleticism or motor of Westbrook, but Westbrook is a total freak even when compared to other NBA players. He's definitely a more pure point guard and a beast defensively. I'll be curious to see how much his shot improves, as that will be key in determining the level he gets to in the NBA.
I can see the disagreement about the athleticism part but from having played against him I don't think he really takes plays off. He's always aware and his high basketball IQ allows him to make the game look easier than it should be. Anybody who bases their game off defense, getting to the rim, and as a PG to get teammates involved, looks like a surefire prospect to me.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The Ben Simmons thing is a perfect example of why it makes no sense to make these kids go to college if they don't want to. Doesn't he damage their APR by not leaving in good academic standing or do I misunderstand how that works? Anyway, he had no intention of spending one more minute in school than it took to get through the season so why even bother?
I agree. Free education, or should I say they aren't billing him. What did LSU get in return for his brief stay. I keep thinking about Emeka Okafor. Finish school in 3 years with two degrees I always thought and still do he is a great role model for kids.

Reaction Score
That was my takeaway after watching the Carolina game as well, Bentil looked like a serious NBA prospect. But not sure if that's just one game. Dunn also looked very good - I assume he's a PG in NBA and for that reason I'd put him right there with Buddy Hield (scoring guard in nba) in terms of draft order and likelihood of success.
Bentil was awesome all year and I can see him having a pretty good role in the NBA. He is strong physically and is good around the rim, he's also shown he can knock down the 15 footer consistently. Hield is an incredible scoring guard but as a couple others have pointed out I worry he could be Jodie Meeks or worse yet Shawn Respert. Dunn still needs to improve his shot some and cut down the turnovers but with his size/wingspan, athleticism, defense and vision his game is tailor-made for the NBA, he's easily the best prospect out of the three.

Reaction Score
While he has the athleticism and motor of Russel Westbrook I think he is much more of a pure PG than he is and even better on the defensive end. I was thinking Rajon Rondo with a better jumper and motor.

that works too. stud in the making. always wished we had that schollie for him the year we got drummond.

Reaction Score
Kris is going to be a surefire All-Star. He's going to really flourish at the next level.

I think he has the potential but not quite sure fire. From what I saw this season, he has a lot of work to do on his turnovers and staying out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score

He's an odd prospect. Had a good season and is really talented, but seems to be too small for an NBA center and too slow for PF. Not sure how good of a defender he is though. Could be similar to Sullinger.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He was amazing this year, i think he could be good. One of the quickest players I've seen in a while
A SG who's 6-foot-2 with a 6-foot-4 wingspan, shot just 36% from deep.

Hope his Italian is good.

Reaction Score
A SG who's 6-foot-2 with a 6-foot-4 wingspan, shot just 36% from deep.

Hope his Italian is good.
He was a volume scorer for an NC State team that had no one else near that caliber. He had to take 20+ shots every game and he created a large % of those shots. On the downside, although he carried NC State when hot, he could not turn back into a facilitator so most games he ran outta gas, dribbled too much and they lost. Big IF, but if he can improve his shot selection, Cat's aforementioned quickness is an NBA level skill. If someone picks him to be a Nate Robinson feast or famine type off the bench he could easily stick in the league (2nd round pick).

Reaction Score
Not at all lol. That's not how that works. Their incoming recruiting class sucks, and the rest of that team was hot garbage this year. Duke lost Tyus Jones and Okafor. Were they a bottom four team in the AAC?
No but to be fair they play in ACC obviously you are right though top programs lose top players all the time and don't resort to being cellar dwellers

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
lol ben simmons, the kid made a mockery of the one and done rule... kudos

Reaction Score
Ben Bentil testing the waters...not surprising at all

As he should do, after the season he had. Very productive. He'll get knocked for non ideal size, but he's a producer. You don't need to be 6'10 or 6'11 to be a productive NBA PF these days. He's got skills the NBA wants. Inside & outside game. He could be similar to David West???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom