Oriakhi Transfering? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Oriakhi Transfering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is nothing more passive aggressive than "liking" a post where someone calls another out for being a bag. And I love it.

Reaction Score
I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.

Why don't you go to Alex's dorm room and tuck him in to bed. Make him feel better because online posters are criticizing his crap performance this year.

Reaction Score
There is nothing more passive aggressive than "liking" a post where someone calls another out for being a bag. And I love it.
What about liking a post about someone liking a post about someone being a ? A love it as well.

Reaction Score
Why don't you go to Alex's dorm room and tuck him in to bed. Make him feel better because online posters are criticizing his crap performance this year.
you are a moron. You are so ducking stupid you are unable to tell the difference between "Kid had a bad year," "AO didn't improve enough," "AO needs to improve his attitude" and "Get the duck out of this program loser."

Nobody thinks Alex had a good year. Seriously. But only a bag of dicks like you and a few other posters take emphasize that over everything and trash the kid personally when you have no insight into his other than watching games. Also, you've provided nothing to this board by ways of commentary other than garbage. You're more garbage than you think AO is garbage.

Frankly, it's pathetic and unbecoming of an adult.

Reaction Score
Alex had a rough year but I don't understand why or if he thinks that being at UConn had that much to do with it. If he feels that way then he should go. It would be interesting given JC's track record of putting big men in the pros, but do what you have to do Alex.

I don't want to hate on the kid, but I'm not sure I understand where he is coming from. I am not in his shoes though so who knows.

Reaction Score

To everyone who is backing AO and is upset with criticism,

I don't understand why you feel the need to support someone you don't know or hasn't done anything for you. He is getting a free education you are paying for and he is required to give full effort in his "job" which is to play basketball. Just like if you get a scholarship for academics you make it your job to do well in school and if you don't meet certain expectations/requirements (such as a GPA) you lose your scholarship and the money that the University is giving you. Watch him in the Iowa State game and you tell me if was giving any effort (you can't argue this b/c Calhoun agrees with me which is why he was benched for the entire second half). Also, I don't care what any of you say because this is America and freedom of speech exists I can say whatever I want to say so long as it is not harmful to another. This is me merely saying AO needs to leave because he is a bum and doesn't deserve me paying for his education (remember indirectly we pay for his education as stated earlier). So either you don't go to UConn and don't care that we are paying for his education or you are some 45 year old loser who lives in your moms basement and wants everyone to be friends and play nice because no one paid any attention to you as you sat alone in middle school/high school eating your snack pack by yourself. Grow up and let me voice my opinion just because you sleep on your mom's couch and she won't allow you to say the phrase "shut up" doesn't mean the rest of the world is going on. The real world my friend, who probably has a part time minimum wage job, is a cruel vindictive place and if you are essentially getting something (i.e. a free education) you need to give back (i.e. at least give your full effort and make a 2 foot basket or go after a rebound).

Reaction Score
I have nothing to add except 'bag of dicks' reminds of luis ck(NSFW):

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This thread has really degenerated. Take it outside.

Reaction Score
This is me merely saying AO needs to leave because he is a bum and doesn't deserve me paying for his education (remember indirectly we pay for his education as stated earlier). .
You sir are are about to be flamed very badly and rightly so .

Reaction Score

I don't understand why you feel the need to support someone you don't know or hasn't done anything for you. He is getting a free education you are paying for and he is required to give full effort in his "job" which is to play basketball. Just like if you get a scholarship for academics you make it your job to do well in school and if you don't meet certain expectations/requirements (such as a GPA) you lose your scholarship and the money that the University is giving you. Watch him in the Iowa State game and you tell me if was giving any effort (you can't argue this b/c Calhoun agrees with me which is why he was benched for the entire second half). Also, I don't care what any of you say because this is America and freedom of speech exists I can say whatever I want to say so long as it is not harmful to another. This is me merely saying AO needs to leave because he is a bum and doesn't deserve me paying for his education (remember indirectly we pay for his education as stated earlier). So either you don't go to UConn and don't care that we are paying for his education or you are some 45 year old loser who lives in your moms basement and wants everyone to be friends and play nice because no one paid any attention to you as you sat alone in middle school/high school eating your snack pack by yourself. Grow up and let me voice my opinion just because you sleep on your mom's couch and she won't allow you to say the phrase "shut up" doesn't mean the rest of the world is going on. The real world my friend, who probably has a part time minimum wage job, is a cruel vindictive place and if you are essentially getting something (i.e. a free education) you need to give back (i.e. at least give your full effort and make a 2 foot basket or go after a rebound).

Note this also applies to Drummond, Andre (29.5% FT really?????). Thanks.

Reaction Score
UofCT2009 said:
Also, I don't care what any of you say because this is America and freedom of speech exists I can say whatever I want to say so long as it is not harmful to another. This is me merely saying AO needs to leave because he is a bum and doesn't deserve me paying for his education (remember indirectly we pay for his education as stated earlier).
This is Amurika, and I can say what I want works both ways. You can say whatever you want, and we can tell you to go smoke a pole all we want.

So, a couple of things. AO has made more money for this school in advertising than just about anyone. So, clearly worth the investment. And you've done nothing.

UofCT2009 said:
So either you don't go to UConn and don't care that we are paying for his education or you are some 45 year old loser who lives in your moms basement and wants everyone to be friends and play nice because no one paid any attention to you as you sat alone in middle school/high school eating your snack pack by yourself.
Yup, only two options. You must have been president of the debate team. I will now each a Cheeto I found under my moob. "Mom! The meatloaf!"

UofCT2009 said:
Grow up and let me voice my opinion just because you sleep on your mom's couch and she won't allow you to say the phrase "shut up" doesn't mean the rest of the world is going on.
This is a message board. You chose to post there. You won't be hassled anywhere else if you say this. If you really don't want people to tell you what you are saying is stupid (I know, it's a tough world, like you're fond of telling everyone) feel free to go somewhere else.

UofCT2009 said:
The real world my friend, who probably has a part time minimum wage job, is a cruel vindictive place and if you are essentially getting something (i.e. a free education) you need to give back (i.e. at least give your full effort and make a 2 foot basket or go after a rebound).
Man, you really like insulting people by assuming they have minimum wage jobs. The dickbag doth protest too much, methinks.

Anyway, I'm done with this argument. I've already invested far too much time and energy into it.

duty_calls.png

Reaction Score

How many kids with academic scholarships have their performance dissected in a public forum? If you were on an academic scholarship and failed a test, would you want your professor to berate you, your classmates to get on you, and a bunch of people you don't know to jump to conclusions and call you names?

You seem to have deeper issues here which you are projecting onto a basketball player whom you have no relationship with, no control over, and who, for whatever reason, determines your happiness.

Reaction Score
Wow, this thread is f'in ridiculous. To say AO has not given any effort this year is extremely subjective and far fetched. You could say the kid hasn't shown the hunger that a kid like Jae Crowder has shown, but to say he's not earning his scholarship is beyond ridiculous. I'd say just about every player in division one basketball is on a full scholarship and only a handful have accomplished as much in their careers as AO.

Maybe his effort doesn't please you, but the kid still shows up to practice every day, puts in the time in the gym, watches game tape, and shows up to class just like everyone else. He's a great kid who has represented the university extremely well through on court success and off court success. If putting in 110% effort at all times was the requirement for being on an athletic scholarship than I'm pretty sure all but a couple kids on this team would be gone.

Most of these kids just reached the mountain top of college athletics at an extremely young age. As much as I was disappointed in the effort at times, it is somewhat understandable that they would go through periods of complacency.

Reaction Score
The "we pay for AO's education" thing is beyond absurd. Alex has been an important part of a basketball program that generates millions of dollars every single year for UConn. If you think that the UConn men's basketball program is not making enough money every year to cover the scholarships that they give out then I don't know what to say to you. I hope this discussion stops, and soon.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I would hate to see him go. I think he could have a breakout year next year and we will certainly need his strength inside.
But, as others said, it is his life and his decision.
At least he is in good academic standing (3.6 gpa) so he wouldn't further torpedo our APR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction Score
Bass teams dont just look at the type of season you had when making decisions to draft people. He will get drafted in the early to middle second round for sure and its best for him to declare next year when the talent pool is much weaker than this years. He will get drafted based on his physical attributes. I like Alex and wish him all the best but no way he can handle another season as second fiddle if Drummond decides to stay. If Drummond leaves to the NBA then i say 60-40 he probably stays at UCONN because he will be the primary big man along with Roscoe and Olander.
AO could get drafted if he has a productive senior year, but as it stands right now, he has a lot of work to do. I really don't think any team would draft him if he came out this year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anyway, I'm done with this argument. I've already invested far too much time and energy into it.

duty_calls.png

Andrew, ever get in an argument with 3-4 guys when you were in Jr High, where their average IQ was way below 100. You make a precise, reasoned argument, and the leader of the "stupids" says...."duh...you have a tiny dick" and they all laugh. Superior, reasoned, intelligent comments are like trees falling in the empty woods....none of these morons will hear or understand them. Don't waste your time.

Reaction Score
I would hate to see him go. I think he could have a breakout year next year and we will certainly need his strength inside.
But, as others said, it is his life and his decision.
At least he is in good academic standing (3.6 gpa) so he wouldn't further torpedo our APR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Didn't everyone think that this year was go an be his break out year? He got worse, so much worse. If he doesn't want to be at uconn, thanks for the memories and good riddance.

Reaction Score
Andrew, ever get in an argument with 3-4 guys when you were in Jr High, where their average IQ was way below 100. You make a precise, reasoned argument, and the leader of the "stupids" says...."duh...you have a tiny dick" and they all laugh. Superior, reasoned, intelligent comments are like trees falling in the empty woods....none of these morons will hear or understand them. Don't waste your time.
I know. It's like arguing with my mother--nothing good comes of it yet for some reason I persist.

I'm done with it now. Too much time and energy. Worst of all, I ended up descending to their level to prove my point--which wouldn't convince them anyway, and probably just annoyed the people who agreed with me.

Reaction Score
Questioning his effort on the court is not something we can't or should not do.....he may be giving it everything and then some according to his personna, just doesn't have knowledge of the game to make it look like he's doing everything he possibly can to get every rebound and score every time he gets the ball. Our expectations may have been too high, McD's AA, a few good games in both his frosh and then his NC year. Kids are fragile and even if they are wearing a Husky uniform they are still young kids. Our thoughts are after 2 years with JC hammering it into them and a NC ring to show your wears, they are now men. Some are, some aren't.....! Everyone thought an NC, a summer to get even better after a breakout performance form the BE tourney and the Dance, add Andre to the middle..BREAKOUT year and you know what, they're right it should have happened. But it only should have happened if he were fully capable. Somehow, someway Kemba made everyone, including alex, better than they actually were. Some came out and had good years like Bazz and Jeremy although our expectations of both were higher also. Some pretty much gave us what we expected like Tyler and Giffey, although even they fell short. But alex's expectations were real high....he was to get 14 and 12 at least and dominate off the weakside while our freshman stud was growing.....it didn't happen and it didn't happen for a few reasons, some of which I'm sure none of us will know. It didn't help alex that Andre wasn't everything he should have been and didn't bring enough skillset to make teams double and triple team him. But reality is, and those with queazy stomachs can stop reading now, alex didn't come close to getting better. He did not do the things that would make any big guy better at his job, whether it be gain new post moves on offense, catch the ball with authority, rebound and box out on every play like you want to be the man, and play better defense. There may be many reasons all of these occurred and none may be "effort" per se. But one thing is for certain, fans are allowed expectations of a player, not because they are paying for his college tuition or anything, but because they are fans and they live and die with every play. They are passionate and love these kids. How you offer your opinion is how you will be percieved though so always in the back of our minds we need to go back to the one things for sure.....we were 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and we never had these weights on our shoulders......

Alex is a great kid, a great student and seemingly a great son....whatever he does I wish him well and I hope he follows his dreams and finds them. He will be told what he needs to do to make it to the level he wants so it will be up to him whether in Storrs or wherever......

Reaction Score
Alex is a great kid, a great student and seemingly a great son....whatever he does I wish him well and I hope he follows his dreams and finds them. He will be told what he needs to do to make it to the level he wants so it will be up to him whether in Storrs or wherever......[/quote]

A great son? Why is Alex's dad posting on the boneyard?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

Very few people who are now 45 would have eaten snack packs in high school or junior high school (except possibly in their senior year). As I remember, snack packs used to be in semi-metallic containers until the mid to late 80s which had an odd way of retaining heat and rendered them nearly inedible after sitting around outside of the refrigerator after a few hours.

Reaction Score
People on this board get way too riled up, it makes having ridiculous posts very entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom