Oriakhi Transfering? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oriakhi Transfering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If anyone says they don't think the Dafur/Phish concert line is one of the funniest things ever posted on the BY, they're lying to themselves.

It was a great line.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
If anyone says they don't think the Dafur/Phish concert line is one of the funniest things ever posted on the BY, they're lying to themselves.

It's all lame as lame can be. Tough guy immaturity at it's best. Apply those standards to yourselves and see how you measure up.

Reaction Score
It's all lame as lame can be. Tough guy immaturity at it's best. Apply those standards to yourselves and see how you measure up.

Where do you get off? What right do you have calling out posters like myself that criticize players? Alex played like garbage all season. His attitude stunk and his performance was even worse. He has already expressed interest in transferring! I said it once and I'll say it again, if he had 1/2 of what Jeff Adrien had, our team probably would have been higher than a 9 seed.

He played well in stretches (important stretches) in 2011 and that is why he is so frustrating. How can he not build off of that? He took huge steps backwards. He was supposed to be a leader and he wasn't, he was supposed to be a force inside and he wasn't, he was supposed to be Alex in 2011 and he was Alex in 2010. And let me add this again, he already expressed interest in transferring!!

To me that is disgraceful! He can take his 2 points and 3 rebounds and get off of this UConn team.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Right on, if he doesn't want to be a husky then he should transfer!

Reaction Score
I think a lot of the venom, much of it completely over the top, directed at certain players is because some fans don't want to even look towards the coaching staff in any regards for what went wrong this season. Many of the problems were also there in 2010 with different players. Even in the regular season last year. Is it all on the players?

Reaction Score
How is it the coach's fault that AO routinely misses bunnies & has stone hands? Calhoun can't make the shots or catch the passes for him.

Reaction Score
How is it the coach's fault that AO routinely misses bunnies & has stone hands? Calhoun can't make the shots or catch the passes for him.

Name me one player that improved this year. One.

Reaction Score
I still don't know what to make of the season. I have little doubt it was not just one player. UConn was a terrible finishing team. Hard to blame the coaching staff for that. Just seemed the players never grasped the team defense. Where I put some of this on the coaching staff is the offense didn't seem to fit the personnel this year. Too high a percentage of dribble drive penetration. I would like to have seen more motion offense like we saw with the 99 team.

Reaction Score
Lamb (17.7 ppg, great shooting %) was better and more consistent than last year on offense.
Napier is better than last year and got better near the end.
Giffey seemed to get it near the end, although his numbers are lower due to fewer minutes.

Reaction Score

It depends on what standard you're using. Lamb, Napier and Olander were all better players this year, but their roles were much tougher, and their minutes were more extended (particularly the first two obviously). Last year (regular season) if Lamb started 0-3 and missed a defensive assignment, he sat for a while and maybe scored 4 points, but nobody really noticed. If Shabazz took a bad shot or forced a pass, he came out. The pressure wasn't on them to carry the team or take a game over when the team was struggling. This year, we had no other options - we needed them to play their way out of it and try to make something happen.

Lamb had a great finish last year, but it was as a clear No. 2 option. When we were in striking distance against ISU, if we could have gotten him wide open on the baseline a couple times like he did against Arizona, he would have likely made those shots. But when you're the No. 1 option, you are more likely to see two defenders guarding you off a cut than none, especially when the other players on the floor aren't causing the defense to worry. Kemba had a rough stretch last year in January/February when teams were scheming to stop him, and his game became better when a second option emerged (Jamal Coombs-McDaniel for a Twilight Zone-type week, and then Lamb down the stretch).

AO and RS went in the other direction with minutes due to Drummond's presence and probably regressed (or stagnated). Giffey probably improved, but didn't get the consistent PT - he seemed to be a little more dangerous this year when he did get his minutes, and other than trying to guard Royce White, he showed promise defensively.

Reaction Score
Where do you get off? What right do you have calling out posters like myself that criticize players? Alex played like garbage all season. His attitude stunk and his performance was even worse. He has already expressed interest in transferring! I said it once and I'll say it again, if he had 1/2 of what Jeff Adrien had, our team probably would have been higher than a 9 seed.

He played well in stretches (important stretches) in 2011 and that is why he is so frustrating. How can he not build off of that? He took huge steps backwards. He was supposed to be a leader and he wasn't, he was supposed to be a force inside and he wasn't, he was supposed to be Alex in 2011 and he was Alex in 2010. And let me add this again, he already expressed interest in transferring!!

To me that is disgraceful! He can take his 2 points and 3 rebounds and get off of this UConn team.

Worst, douchey-ist, most entitled thread of the year. This guy is a dickbag. A giant bag of dicks.

Reason #342349832749837 that Tyler Olander was right in his tweet.

Reaction Score
Roscoe also improved greatly at the end of the year.

But, you know, other than those five players...:rolleyes:
I actually agree with Roscoe as well. Stats don't really back it up, so I didn't know if it was really a misremembering on my part.

Reaction Score

In one breath you say that posters can't call each other out. Then in the next you say that AO is "disgraceful" and should "get off of this UConn team".

Criticism of players is valid. Attitudes like this is when I say, "they are just kids." It is not your place to tell anyone who should and should not be on this team. Express displeasure and be constructive but attacking 18-21 year old college students is over the line IMHO.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
If Alex wants to be a martyr then he should go. If he wants to check his ego and start realizing that Calhoun is trying to get every ounce of potential out of him, then he should stay.

I also don't buy that this has much of anything to do with a possible post season ban.

I agree completely. He wants out. More power to him.

Reaction Score
Fans can speculate about anything they want to.
Swami, you certainly know that it's been a long-held rule on the BY that you just don't make up these sorts of things.

Oriakhi, though, seems to have brought this out himself.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Fans can speculate about anything they want to.
Not supposed to speculate about transferring if it's fabricated by a poster. The quote changes how the rule is applied in this situation though.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Not supposed to speculate about transferring if it's fabricated by a poster. The quote changes how the rule is applied in this situation though.
"Rule"? What "rule"? Is a fan board subject to some NCAA bylaw?
Horsesh*t.

Reaction Score
Worst, douchey-ist, most entitled thread of the year. This guy is a dickbag. A giant bag of dicks.

Reason #342349832749837 that Tyler Olander was right in his tweet.

you're a tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc