Oregon vs Notre Dame - 3/26/18 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Oregon vs Notre Dame - 3/26/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well Shepard definitely hung with Hebard tonight. Mabrey also played very well against Sabrina.

Yes, I was incorrect in my prediction. Both players basically disappeared in the 2nd half after lighting it up in the 1st. The whole Oregon team disappeared in the 2nd half, and I think the coaching staff as well.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I was really hoping that Oregon would get to the Final 4. Notre Dame knows how to play UConn and they have Final Four experience.

Both Final Four Games, should be great games, with any team capable of winning their game.

Reaction Score
I was really hoping that Oregon would get to the Final 4. Notre Dame knows how to play UConn and they have Final Four experience.

Both Final Four Games, should be great games, with any team capable of winning their game.
Yeah the familiarity is an advantage for our opponent as Geno always says it is much harder to play his team when you're seeing them for the first time, though it certainly didn't seem to help South Carolina tonight. The team needs to play ruthless the rest of the way, I believe someone called it the scorched earth game plan. Teams that can make shots, and that's all we're going to see the rest of the way, can absolutely not be let back into the game once you get some space. Mabrey2 can probably hit 3s while sitting on her bench. Louisville has Durr who could go off for 30 any night, and Mississippi State has the distinct advantage of being the only team to beat UConn in the last four years.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for UConn to win by about 50 against ND.
s-l300.jpg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Ironically, Mabrey is closer to a triple double than Ionescu tonight Head bang

Yup...she helps this team in a number of ways, including becoming something of Muffet's proxy on the floor.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for UConn to win by about 50 against ND.

Not on Good Friday they won't ;).

It's always interesting coming from one board to another to see how differently folks can see the same plays.
One person that both boards seem to agree on is that Kat Westbeld had one fine game. After what she's gone through this year, couldn't be happier for Kat to go back to the Final Four.

Sure we'll all have some fun this week.....happy to be in a position to do so. :D

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Ionescu is going to have to play better against the elite teams outside of the Pac 12 before she can be truly rated a POY type player. Are there any elite teams in the Pac 12?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And then there were 4. That was quick. Two weeks ago today, we were all watching the selection show. For the first time in years, all four #1 seeds advance to the final four. Geno said "now the tournament begins ". Sixty teams have been sent home. Some very good teams came up short . I expect to see a strong ND presence in Columbus this weekend. Congratulations to Muffet, her staff and her team. They fought through and persevered through all of the injuries and challenges that were put before them. McGraw unquestionably deserves national coach of the year. This should be a great game. Some of you may have a problem with my use of the word "unquestionably", and don't agree with it. I understand, but that is my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Ionescu is going to have to play better against the elite teams outside of the Pac 12 before she can be truly rated a POY type player. Are there any elite teams in the Pac 12?

I think Oregon was solidly the #5 team this year. They’ll only get better next year with almost everyone back and they add in the younger Sabally and transfer Boley.

Notre Dame will also be significantly better if Turner is fully recovered, and Oregon State will be quite good. Then you have loaded Texas and Baylor. UCONN should still be the overwhelming favorite with three #1 recruits, Collier, Stevens, Dangerfield and ONO on the roster.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not on Good Friday they won't ;).

It's always interesting coming from one board to another to see how differently folks can see the same plays.
One person that both boards seem to agree on is that Kat Westbeld had one fine game. After what she's gone through this year, couldn't be happier for Kat to go back to the Final Four.

Sure we'll all have some fun this week.....happy to be in a position to do so. :D

Congratulations Dillon. That was quite a ride this season. I know you are as happy as we are to advance. It's not easy getting to this point, and nothing is promised or guaranteed. The BY will be buzzing with speculation and concern this week. We expect you and Orangutan to chime in with your takes and observations. It's always nice to read takes and opinions from outside the kingdom.

Reaction Score
Well Muffet, as if there was even a question, has clearly proven she is the #2 coach in America. Lost a lot of players to graduation and injuries. And back in the Final 4. She clearly made adjustment at the half and Oregon did not respond.

Should be a fun Final 4. Louisville-Miss State, UConn-ND and UConn-Miss State would be must see TV.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Yup...she helps this team in a number of ways, including becoming something of Muffet's proxy on the floor.
She definitely plays with an “edge” and got to Sabrina tonight...

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Well Muffet, as if there was even a question, has clearly proven she is the #2 coach in America. Lost a lot of players to graduation and injuries. And back in the Final 4. She clearly made adjustment at the half and Oregon did not respond.

Should be a fun Final 4. Louisville-Miss State, UConn-ND and UConn-Miss State would be must see TV.
Looks like the committee nailed it with all 4 #1’s making it, 2-#2’s, 1-#3 and then the #6 that should have been a#3 and the #3 that was making us all happy it lost to the #6 at home. This NCAA Tournament just keeps on giving, first the 57-1 and the Geno getting his 19th trip to the final four breaking the tie. Now if only Ole Phil will sign that coach to a 5 year extension!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I watched the game and it was pretty entertaining. Oregon is quite good and was the best team I saw of the four who came up short in this round. ND played well in spite of their short bench. Westbeld had a game a senior needs to get back to a FF and carried them for a few stretches. Was a fairly hostile environment but ND responded.

Oregon will be back. Ionescu is exceptional.

Reaction Score

I think any combination of the four teams will produce three entertaining games to end the season. I guess that's the benefit of having all four #1 seeds make it. It also puts to bed the idea that Baylor should have gotten that final #1 seed over ND. The committee members look like geniuses in hindsight.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Ok, I have to ask, why the angst against the PAC 12 when they place 4 in sweet 16, 3 in the Elite 8 and your trashing their league? I think it’s pretty good and deeper and better than any other save the ACC.

Reaction Score
Ionescu is going to have to play better against the elite teams outside of the Pac 12 before she can be truly rated a POY type player.

She was great. She just couldn’t replicate her first half of 19 pts. She had 3 stls and 0 turnovers. How much more can you ask of a player?

ND seem to have an inordinate amount of balls and rebounds bounce their way, and they did seem to play the second half with more urgency.
The biggest glaring difference in the game was ND securing 22 more rebounds. That’s hard to overcome.

Reaction Score
I didn’t see the game so I don’t know how well Ogunbowale played but seeing 19pts on 19 shots made me smile. Not surprising. That being said, I know she’s their engine and she has lead them this far so congrats to her & the rest of the ND team!

Reaction Score
Lucky UConn...get to play a young USC team with ZERO three point shooters in the elite 8 and a Notre Dame team with like 4 players out with torn ACL's in the national semi's....cake walk to the championship game. MSU on the other hand has to play UCLA with their 5 McDonald's all americans on their roster in the elite 8 and Louisville in the national semi's. Oh well, will make it that much sweeter when we win it all for our first time this season.

We're the #1 overall seed.
We played the defending champs in the Elite 8.
We're playing another #1 seed in the semis.

UCLA were paper tigers, and Louisville is the #3 team in the country to MSU's #2.

What the hell are you complaining about?

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
And then there were 4. That was quick. Two weeks ago today, we were all watching the selection show. For the first time in years, all four #1 seeds advance to the final four. Geno said "now the tournament begins ". Sixty teams have been sent home. Some very good teams came up short . I expect to see a strong ND presence in Columbus this weekend. Congratulations to Muffet, her staff and her team. They fought through and persevered all of the injuries and challenges that were put before them. McGraw unquestionably deserves national coach of the year.
This should be a great game.

I'll simply say that I disagree that she unquestionably deserves COY, not to diminish her wonderful job. Schaefer certainly has a case as do all the FF coaches. It definitely looks like a great Final Four with the 4 best teams all year making it to Columbus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom