Oregon St vs Louisville - 3/25/18 | The Boneyard

Oregon St vs Louisville - 3/25/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I want OSU to win but watching Louisville play lately, they are just on a mission. Louisville wins this one.

Reaction Score
My bracket has uconn playing ND in the FF and Louisville in the NC game. Old bigeast is just too tough this year!

Reaction Score
I think Lou wins this one. Something Oregon State has not dealt with in the tournament, is a really good guard like Durr. They beat Oregon, so they've beaten teams with good guard play, but that's in conference against a team they know well. I think Durr could go off! But it should be a great game. Louisville has 0 answer for Gulich, because I don't think they play post defense well at all.

Lambjr

Lurker since 1995
Reaction Score
My bracket is busted. I had UConn, Oregon, Miss St., and Baylor in the final 4 with UConn and Baylor in championship game. I think Louisville beats Oregon state by 10-20.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Too much speed and quickness for Louisville. Louisville wins by double digits.

If Oregon St is hitting their three point shots, they can keep the game close and win by less then 5 points.

Reaction Score
Oregon St. is the best team I've seen so far in the tournament. They have everything they need to beat Louisville: quick guards who shoot well from the perimeter and one of the best bigs in WCBB. Anyone who thinks this is a walk-0ver for the Cardinals should think again. Unless the Beavers go cold, look for an excellent contest.
PS/Love the comment made by a Buffalo player that her team "put Buffalo in our mouth." Umm, not bad. My dog feasts on Blue Buffalo dog food, too. Back to the igloos, ladies.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I voted for Louisville just to put the hex on them.

I voted for Louisville as well, but am rooting for Oregon State. I think Louisville is a very tough matchup for the Beavers. Because she is quicker, Fuehring will, I believe, do a better job defending Gulich than did any of the Baylor bigs, but--more importantly--I don't think Waltz will let Gulich go one on one as did Mulkey for most of the game Friday. In Oregon State's overtime win over Oregon n Corvallis,, Gulich had the kind of game she had against Baylor (and Tudor shot something like 7 for 10 from the 3 pt. line); in the rematch, which Oregon won fairly readily, Gulich was still effective, but less so, since the Ducks doubled her aggressively every time she got the ball. I think Waltz will do something along those lines as well. I also think that Oregon State will have a difficult time handling Hines-Allen. Finally, although the Oregon State guards bring a lot of skills to the table, they (and especially Pivec) can become turnover prone when pressured. Baylor didn't have the tools (or the desire) to do that. I think Louisville does and will.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I voted for Louisville as well, but am rooting for Oregon State. I think Louisville is a very tough matchup for the Beavers. Because she is quicker, Froeling (sp?) will, I believe, do a better job defending Gulich than did any of the Baylor bigs, but--more importantly--I don't think Waltz will let Gulich go one on one as did Mulkey for most of the game Friday. In Oregon State's overtime win over Oregon n Corvallis,, Gulich had the kind of game she had against Baylor (and Tudor shot something like 7 for 10 from the 3 pt. line); in the rematch, which Oregon won fairly readily, Gulich was still effective, but less so, since the Ducks doubled her aggressively every time she got the ball. I think Waltz will do something along those lines as well. I also think that Oregon State will have a difficult time handling Hines-Allen. Finally, although the Oregon State guards bring a lot of skills to the table, they (and especially Pivec) can become turnover prone when pressured. Baylor didn't have the tools (or the desire) to do that. I think Louisville does and will.
I think you mean Sam Fuehring.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I voted for Louisville as well, but am rooting for Oregon State. I think Louisville is a very tough matchup for the Beavers. Because she is quicker, Fuehring will, I believe, do a better job defending Gulich than did any of the Baylor bigs, but--more importantly--I don't think Waltz will let Gulich go one on one as did Mulkey for most of the game Friday. In Oregon State's overtime win over Oregon n Corvallis,, Gulich had the kind of game she had against Baylor (and Tudor shot something like 7 for 10 from the 3 pt. line); in the rematch, which Oregon won fairly readily, Gulich was still effective, but less so, since the Ducks doubled her aggressively every time she got the ball. I think Waltz will do something along those lines as well. I also think that Oregon State will have a difficult time handling Hines-Allen. Finally, although the Oregon State guards bring a lot of skills to the table, they (and especially Pivec) can become turnover prone when pressured. Baylor didn't have the tools (or the desire) to do that. I think Louisville does and will.

Unfortunately, Jeff has demonstrated in the past a way to deal with dominant BIGS. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gulich was quadruple teamed. Uh...that means everybody else was open?

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Marie Gülich

Feel free to copy and paste ü if you want Germany to thank you.

Danke schön!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
3 turnovers in 1 1/2 minutes, not a good omen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm gonna have to quit watching this crap. Can't shoot and can t stop turning the ball over, just terrible so far.

Reaction Score
I picked Louisville to come out of this bracket at the beginning, and I stand by it ! But I expect a very competitive game.

Reaction Score
This is ugly basketball. So far I'm enjoying the commercials more. "I am a sucker for pottery Sam!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom