Oregon St vs Louisville - 3/25/18 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Oregon St vs Louisville - 3/25/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Maybe but it you have to note that the only reason Oregon St was even playing today is because Kim Mulkey and Holly Warlick are terrible coaches.
I would say that the main reason was because Rueck is a great coach.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Congrats to Walz and Louisville. Their consecutive throttles of the Pac-12 would score pretty high on the Richter scale. Part of what's great about watching the Huskies is that it means watching beautiful basketball. ND is watchable for that reason too. Louisville played very watchable basketball today.

Also enjoyed the handshake line--with both coaches hugging and complimenting opposing players they know. And players doing the same.

Walz now has taken Louisville to the Final Four three different times with three completely different rosters. Without comparing his doing so to the accomplishments of others, that's quite an impressive feat for a coach in his 11th year. Well done.
Walz and Louisville seem to have finally emerged from the swamp of relative mediocrity in which they've been mired ever since he started raking in blue-chip recruiting classes about 5 years ago.

When Louisville has played well this year, they've been scary good. I don't think any team in the country, UConn included, has played as devastating a game as Louisville played in its home game against Notre Dame. And Louisville has simply been dominant this weekend in demolishing two of the best-coached teams in the country, in Stanford and Oregon State.

However, Louisville has also looked very beatable at times, most recently in the earlier rounds of the ACC tournament.

If Mississippi State gets past UCLA (as I think they should), I think a Miss St-Louisville game has the makings of an amazing national semifinal.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've been laying low most of the day. Congrats to Louisville for advancing to the Final 4 and for a dominant performance today. Tough end to the season, but OSU has a lot to be proud of. Sorry to see the last of Gulich in the orange and black, she's been fantastic. I think w/ this game and the halftime score of MSU-UCLA, it's demonstrating that the Pac 12 had some very good teams, but not elite teams. Still holding out hope for Oregon on Monday.

edited--Looks like UCLA battled in the 2nd half to keep the score respectable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As I always say Basketball is a game of Timing and Match ups. It appears that both Oregon St. and UCLA would have matched up better with each others opponents. Not being able to handle ball pressure has been Oregon States Bete Noir all year and it killed them today. That alone with their shots not dropping. UCLA on the other hand had very little shot at dealing with McCowan and to stop them it begins with keeping her off the O boards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom