Oregon St vs Baylor - 3/23/18 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Oregon St vs Baylor - 3/23/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
No argument on Rueck, I love him. But finally someone has to give some Kudos to Eric Ely. Who is that? He is the assistant coach that works with the bigs at OSU. 2 names from Freshman to Seniors, Ruth Hamblin and Marie Gulich. Major improvement from year 1 to year 4 for both. Love to see what he does next year with the 6'9" Aquino, a young lady from Paraguay who played HS in So Cal this year.

Absolutely. Amazing improvement from both of those players. In Addition to Aquino they have 6-6 Patricia Morris coming in next year. Maybe only a 3 star recruit, but considering Hamblin and Gulich were basically no star prospects, she could very well become a contributor down the road.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn had the original. RIP HuskyBill.

Attachments

• E0A9A3FF-8DF5-4E8C-A8FE-CB9BBCBB8B59.jpeg
    E0A9A3FF-8DF5-4E8C-A8FE-CB9BBCBB8B59.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 47

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
UCLA lost in the P12 semifinals to Oregon.
I think I actually watched Oregon in the conference final -- Ionescu was awesome, floor design was plug ugly. I may have been thinking of an earlier conference game that went down to the wire and showed good closing skills -- UCLA & USC maybe.

Reaction Score
Baylor was the one I wasn’t sure about how we would fare against. Now I would say the matchup of the most concern would notre dameif they get that far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think I actually watched Oregon in the conference final -- Ionescu was awesome, floor design was plug ugly. I may have been thinking of an earlier conference game that went down to the wire and showed good closing skills -- UCLA & USC maybe.

They did play a lot of close games this year, including against UCLA and USC late in the regular season. Also won an overtime thriller against Oregon.

The Pac 12 title game, Oregon beat Stanford handily.

edited--if you were looking at the bizarre floor design on Oregon's home court, maybe it was 1st or 2nd round NCAA Tourney games? Pac 12 Tournament was at Key Arena in Seattle, where the Sonics used to play.

Reaction Score
Typical Baylor. Kick them in the mouth & they don't respond. Team look shell-shocked the last 5 minutes. Totally outplayed in the 2nd half. A bunch of Baylor throw-up 3's made it closer than it actually was.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Another major shout-out is owed to Marie Gulich. I figured her to be a good but not great player this year, but she showed steady improvement throughout the season and is clearly finishing her senior year at an All-American level. One could argue that she outplayed Kalani Brown in this game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Another fun factoid: Baylor's only 2 losses of the year came to Pac-12 schools.

Those were the ONLY 2 tough OOC teams that they played this year, and lost them both.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Most teams play their best games against UCONN.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. Amazing improvement from both of those players. In Addition to Aquino they have 6-6 Patricia Morris coming in next year. Maybe only a 3 star recruit, but considering Hamblin and Gulich were basically no star prospects, she could very well become a contributor down the road.

Don't expect too much from Aquino too quickly................at least not the Aquino that I watched in high school in NJ................I'll be curious to see if she how much she has improved in a year.............she does run the court surprisingly well for a big person............

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
At the start of the day, there were, I believe, maybe a half dozen teams in the tourney with front lines that could cause UConn major problems. Of those teams, one is out and it looks like another will be very soon. Good. Good.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Don't expect too much from Aquino too quickly......at least not the Aquino that I watched in high school in NJ......I'll be curious to see if she how much she has improved in a year...she does run the court surprisingly well for a big person..

Unfortunately w/ Gulich using up her eligibility and Grymek looking fairly limited, they really need either Aquino or Morris to be able to contribute right away.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately w/ Gulich using up her eligibility and Grymek looking fairly limited, they really need either Aquino or Morris to be able to contribute right away.

Could go guard-oriented lineup? At least with Corosdale at 6'3 and McWilliams at 6'2, they're not super small.

Reaction Score
How about them Beavers! OSU played excellent defense tonight. OSU controlled the tempo tonight. OSU got contributions from all their players, offensively and defensively. Marie Gulich played great on offense, but, it was her defense that was amazing tonight. Marie changed Kalani's shots & anyone who came in the key. The Beavers got a HUGE lift from Taya Corosdale who played like a senior (she's a freshman). She rebounded, played excellent defense, and hit some monster 3's. All in all, OSU is playing with confidence. I don't think they are afraid of anyone right now. Louisville will be a tremendous challenge because they have shooters. Tennessee and Baylor did not have outside shooters. Thanks for everyone on this blog for recognizing Coach Rueck, and the excellent play by the Beavers thus far in the tournament.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Could go guard-oriented lineup? At least with Corosdale at 6'3 and McWilliams at 6'2, they're not super small.

Could be. Would be a major change for them. Much of their defense is based around having a lane clogger/shot blocker in the middle. Corosdale really isn't that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Grymek start early in the season, and then see how things evolve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom