Oregon St vs Baylor - 3/23/18 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Oregon St vs Baylor - 3/23/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Downright amazing this postseason for Oregon State. They topple a massive home win streak of the Lady Vols', and then follow it up with an upset over a team many thought was a 1 seed. They were supposed to be in rebuild mode, and they've exceeded their Sweet 16 finish of last year.

Rueck is a top 5 coach in the country and Mulkey will be having Oregon State nightmares.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow, just wow! OSU really knows how to close the deal, like in their conference championship game. Baylor certainly had a bad shooting night, and maybe the loss of Wallace's experience had an effect as well. Couldn't see to what extent Mulkey had to call the plays. Riveting game. If only UConn hadn't ruined women's basketball.
Uh, conference championship game? OSU lost in the P12 quarterfinals to Arizona State.

Reaction Score
He loves coaching at OSU, and he's proved he can win there. It would take A LOT to pull him away.
Sometime A LOT doesn't really seem like A LOT until it's actually staring you in the face. Then it can seem like A LOT.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I forgot that Baylor wasn't a #1, but a #2.
Ok, that's what I was hoping. But many here on the BY felt that they should have been, including me.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sometime A LOT doesn't really seem like A LOT until it's actually staring you in the face. Then it can seem like A LOT.

Corvallis is a different kind of place. Pat Casey has built one of the top baseball programs in the country there. He's had opportunities to leave for more money. He's stayed. It's not always all about the money.

Reaction Score
Ok, that's what I was hoping. But many here on the BY felt that they should have been, including me.
me, too: with their only loss missing Cox and Mulkey, I would have ranked them #3 overall. But I think we need to learn for the future: Baylor is unproven until they're proven, meaning getting into the FF. Before then, they play an isolated couple of tough games: they're not used to the pressure....and maybe that's true of their coach as well.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Downright amazing this postseason for Oregon State. They topple a massive home win streak of the Lady Vols', and then follow it up with an upset over a team many thought was a 1 seed. They were supposed to be in rebuild mode, and they've exceeded their Sweet 16 finish of last year.

Rueck is a top 5 coach in the country and Mulkey will be having Oregon State nightmares.

Plus no real PG all season.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

No argument on Rueck, I love him. But finally someone has to give some Kudos to Eric Ely. Who is that? He is the assistant coach that works with the bigs at OSU. 2 names from Freshman to Seniors, Ruth Hamblin and Marie Gulich. Major improvement from year 1 to year 4 for both. Love to see what he does next year with the 6'9" Aquino, a young lady from Paraguay who played HS in So Cal this year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Plus no real PG all season.
That's probably the thing I find most surprising and impressive. Didn't think they'd be able to shore up their major ball security issues that were exposed in the January trip to the LA schools. They had problems in 1Q vs. Tennessee but handled the pressure pretty well after that. Today they were able to keep their TOs to 19 against Baylor.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
To all those saying that Baylor deserved a number 1 seed...Tsk Tsk
Has any 1 seed not ever lost their Sweet Sixteen game before? Or does being a 1 seed automatically qualify you for the Elite 8 and FF? I'm confused.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
5D7FD805-0D52-4B73-877F-9C24E9874896.jpeg
lol @ lawn gnome

Reaction Score
Has any 1 seed not ever lost their Sweet Sixteen game before? Or does being a 1 seed automatically qualify you for the Elite 8 and FF? I'm confused.

Wasn’t Baylor a 1 seed when Shoni Schimmel and Louisville beat them?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Kim hasn't developed her team's offense. Its still dump it down to the bigs. No sense at all of an inside - out game. Baylor's guards may have speed, which is fine for fastbreaks, but does little in a half court set. The guards do not shoot well from 3. Until Kim makes some changes to her roster and offense, Baylor will continue to loose to teams like Oregon State.

Reaction Score
Assuming no major injuries UConn should win the title. Baylor's size up front was the most serious threat to UConn. The odds of MissSt beating them 2 straight times are too long. They have already shown superiority over the other major contenders still left. I don't think Oregon is on the same level as ND, Lou. & S.C. because they are unfamiliar with UConn and both Lou. & Stan.(@O.) beat them by dbl digits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom