Oregon game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Oregon game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hard to believe it is only the second triple double in UCONN history.

Go Stef! 10 of 11 shooting tonight, too.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't know what the final score was but based on the Rutgers board, they must have loss the game. Rutgers WBB hasn't tweeted the final score, but it was down to a 1 point lead for UMass.

Reaction Score
Oregon plays junk basketball. So Rowe scores a lot of points. She had two assists going into this game. Not a player who would ever play for Geno. Glad to see Stef get the triple double, but it was not an entertaining game. Junk basketball.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Oregon plays junk basketball. So Rowe scores a lot of points. She had two assists going into this game. Not a player who would ever play for Geno. Glad to see Stef get the triple double, but it was not an entertaining game. Junk basketball.
And she has 2 assts. coming out of the game. But she only took 26 shots!! :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The starters finished 20-20 on FTs. And our best shooter was on the bench.

Reaction Score
I cannot see how it would be fun to play for Oregon over the long haul, knowing that any time you played against a decent team, you'd probably get your anatomy handed to you.

Reaction Score
Oregon plays junk basketball. .... it was not an entertaining game. Junk basketball.
Maybe junk, but they made more shots against UConn than I've seen in a long time. If you don't have a team with a realistic chance to win it all or at least your conference, at least they play an uptempo and what I thought was an entertainig game. (More so then most UConn blow-outs). I really respect Harry Paretta, but I always thought playing Villanova was like watching grass grow.

Reaction Score
I love the Mercury so I have a soft spot for Paul Westhead. Like any system, you need the right talent to win..and he's just not going to have it/get it at Oregon. It was more fun to watch than a majority of blow outs.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's what Geno thought:

"I don't even think that's schoolyard basketball," Auriemma quipped. "Where I grew up, if you played like that, you wouldn't be allowed to play anymore, because some of the shots that they take are just indescribable."

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I love the Mercury so I have a soft spot for Paul Westhead. Like any system, you need the right talent to win..and he's just not going to have it/get it at Oregon. It was more fun to watch than a majority of blow outs.
Not even Ray Kasongo could help the Ducks tonight.

Reaction Score
I'll never understand why teams try to turn a game into a track meet against UConn. Do they really think they have faster players? Or better conditioned players? Not sure what the appeal is to approach UConn in that way. Despite what people think is boring basketball, I've always thought the Villanova style of play where you grind down the shot clock, shoot decently from 3, limit UConn's touches on offense, and hope to frustrate them into foul trouble by the slow pace when they're on defense is the way to level the playing field. I think it was Villanova that did exactly that when UConn's 70-game winning streak was snapped during the 2003 Big East tourney. UConn is simply too gifted on offense to even attempt to keep up, so take note opposing coaches: the fast pace favors UConn which can run anyone out of the gym.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I cannot see how it would be fun to play for Oregon over the long haul, knowing that any time you played against a decent team, you'd probably get your anatomy handed to you.
Sure but consider the talent he is doing it with. Diamond needs to convince her whole class to transfer together to play for Westhead. That would be something to see.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'll never understand why teams try to turn a game into a track meet against UConn. Do they really think they have faster players? Or better conditioned players? Not sure what the appeal is to approach UConn in that way. Despite what people think is boring basketball, I've always thought the Villanova style of play where you grind down the shot clock, shoot decently from 3, limit UConn's touches on offense, and hope to frustrate them into foul trouble by the slow pace when they're on defense is the way to level the playing field. I think it was Villanova that did exactly that when UConn's 70-game winning streak was snapped during the 2003 Big East tourney. UConn is simply too gifted on offense to even attempt to keep up, so take note opposing coaches: the fast pace favors UConn which can run anyone out of the gym.

As Geno has said many times you have to be true to who you are; changing team personalities for one opponent rarely works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom