On to next year | The Boneyard

On to next year

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This has to be the most offensively inept team we had in awhile. Hurley was kind of forced to play experienced guys that couldn’t play well together because of fit. I’m excited to see what his defense can do with guys who can actually score the ball like Hawkins and hopefully Jackson can step up this off-season.

Cole, Tyrese, and Polley we’re good for what they did. But too many limitations. Whaley was just playing out of position.

Reaction Score
Whaley playing out of position points to a bigger picture of stubbornness of our coach. It was clear as day from day 1 that Whaley and Sanogo are both 5s. He forced a round peg through a square hole. If he recognized it earlier and developed better chemistry with our lineups he would put them in a better position to succeed.

Reaction Score
This has to be the most offensively inept team we had in awhile. Hurley was kind of forced to play experienced guys that couldn’t play well together because of fit. I’m excited to see what his defense can do with guys who can actually score the ball like Hawkins and hopefully Jackson can step up this off-season.

Cole, Tyrese, and Polley we’re good for what they did. But too many limitations. Whaley was just playing out of position.
Love the optimism but Hawkins averaged under 6 a game and Jackson can’t shoot. Tough to avoid hot takes right now but Hurley has had plenty of time to construct a roster that isn’t heinously offensively inept and we’ve yet to see one. Hopefully they figure things out but I’m not holding my breath

Reaction Score
There is plenty to look forward to next year. Potential for a great team led by Hawkins.

Be careful what you wish for Boneyard. Lets not wish away the great foundation we have with this young team.

Remember when Virginia lost to a 16 seed a few years ago and came back and won the whole thing the next year, that should be our goal.

Our starting 5 next year. Hawkins, Sanogo, Jackson, Akok or Martin, and either Cole or a transfer. Not bad.

Reaction Score
Love the optimism but Hawkins averaged under 6 a game and Jackson can’t shoot. Tough to avoid hot takes right now but Hurley has had plenty of time to construct a roster that isn’t heinously offensively inept and we’ve yet to see one. Hopefully they figure things out but I’m not holding my breath
Needs to change his philosophy. He’s not getting the type of players he needs.

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of Dan Hurley the coach.

Dan Hurley the GM of this team needs to recruit a more balanced roster. He has acknowledged this and I am confident he will do better.
Let's hope so.

Reaction Score
Let's hope so.
I’m genuinely concerned for the first time.

Ok so he gets better players. And they fit his scheme better. Great.

But at some point you will need to win games when your team is not playing their best. He is just too stubborn currently to adjust and adapt.

It’s a Greek tragedy. His biggest strength leads to his biggest failure.

Reaction Score
Didnt develop the bench at all. Polley hit some big shots but was more or less the same. Not sure what the deal was with Akok the last handful of games. Outside of Gaffney, he didnt bother with anyone else.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Whaley playing out of position points to a bigger picture of stubbornness of our coach. It was clear as day from day 1 that Whaley and Sanogo are both 5s. He forced a round peg through a square hole. If he recognized it earlier and developed better chemistry with our lineups he would put them in a better position to succeed.
This times 1000

Reaction Score
agree, nailed it.

Reaction Score
Next year's roster, of those who'll compete for minutes looks probably like this:

Two of Cole/Diggins/Gaffney
Floyd

Two of Martin/Akok/Samson
Jackson
Karaban
Hawkins

Sanogo
Clingan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors