On a scale of 0-10, how nervous are you for UCONN vs. SC? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

On a scale of 0-10, how nervous are you for UCONN vs. SC?

How nervous are you for UCONN vs. SC?

• 0 - cool as a cucumber - calm as a lake

• 2 - pretty relaxed - like you would be when UCONN plays any overmatched team

• 4 - mildly nervous - may have to pull out the lucky UCONN shirt and other mojo items

• 6 - moderately nervous - may need a glass of wine or beer to relax before the game

• 8 - very nervous - will definintely need a few shots to calm down before tip off

• 10 - crazed - may need medical attention or some good drugs to relax

Results are only viewable after voting.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Not nervous at all (about the actual game)
but concerned about the shenanigans that Dawn (certainly)
has encouraged with her fans.
Despite the obvious criticism and denial
There is an unfortunate ugliness that once unleashed, is difficult to check.
It's possible that there will be unfortunate aspects to our (hopeful) beatdown.

Reaction Score
4. Mildly Nervous. Mostly worry about injuries and/or aggravations to the walking wounded!!!!

Reaction Score
not nervous at all....we win the perimeter game and the transition game.....Z/Gabby hold Aja to a draw and Aja has nothing in the tank late in the game

Reaction Score
I actually feel good about the game dispute the obstacles. I believe (and hope) this is the stepping stone / statement game to head into March. I see where MW again proves she part of the rotation, Z is impactful against an AA big, and the rest of the starters show their AA caliber play.

I could be off and why they play the game. I may picking the wrong game considering on road, hiwtime crowd, players not 100%, etc... but I just think they may also be super focused against the national champions and want to make a statement.

Reaction Score
I would have been a 2, but now that I’ve seen that Meyers predictably predicted a Husky loss, I’m fully reassured and have dropped to zero. Now, if someone sneaked in here before the game and swiped my fresh bottle of Whistle Pig rye, well, then my worry quotient would be off the charts!

Reaction Score
Mildly nervous as I always am before a big game on the road. I will most likely do the following:
- Pace
- Yell at players as if they could hear me
- Scare my dogs
- Record the game in case it ever gets too close and I have to turn the channel
- Eat popcorn mindlessly.

Reaction Score
I'm in at mildly nervous, and mostly excited...until the referees start calling fouls, that is...

Reaction Score
You wouldn't be nervous if you watched ND manhandle SC earlier in the season. Uconn wins this game easily, there will be no texas repeat in this one.

Reaction Score
Calm as a clam (zero) ever since the reassuring TONYC post yesterday . No WAIT - I'll register as a two at this point because time has passed since Tony calmed me and I dislike SC as much as I dislike ND's team and am already beginning to feel fired up. NO wait, I'll take a 6: SC is so dirty, and as Robert "Chief" Parish would say, "I take this personally and am gettin really pissed OFF!!"

Reaction Score
Mildly nervous, but that is usually my state of mind for any game. Not so much because of the opponent or the venue but simply because you can always have an off game or an injury to a key player at any time.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Not nervous at all. I'm trying to decide if I should press a bet with my two first cousins that are Gamecock alums. One of the two is hopelessly deranged. He's more of a UNC fan. That is so wrong on so many levels I really don't know where to begin.

I once exchanged headgear with the other one. He has a husky and I have Cocky the Gamecock. I'll start sticking voodoo pins in Cocky pretty soon.

Reaction Score
I actually feel good about the game dispute the obstacles. I believe (and hope) this is the stepping stone / statement game to head into March. I see where MW again proves she part of the rotation, Z is impactful against an AA big, and the rest of the starters show their AA caliber play.

I could be off and why they play the game. I may picking the wrong game considering on road, hiwtime crowd, players not 100%, etc... but I just think they may also be super focused against the national champions and want to make a statement.
I feel much better since Vegas has Uconn favored 14.5

Reaction Score
If UConn were to lose--and I certainly don't think they will--it shouldn't affect their #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. And a loss might put more fire in their belly. Not that I expect it. Just saying you never know what's best until it's over and you can look back. Even then....

Reaction Score
'47'

But don't go by me. I got nervous when they played the Ashland Eagles.

Reaction Score
It will be very interesting to see how UConn responds playing a really tough and physical team like South Carolina. Against Texas, Uconn got punched in the mouth the first half and was getting beat on the boards and to every 50/50 ball. The second half was a different story and UConn played with an "edge" and ultimately won the game. It would be nice to see UConn come out from the start and play tough, hard nosed basketball. Jeff Jacobs also addressed this in his article today. “It’s one of the things we talk to our players about,” Auriemma said. “Sometimes I worry about this team, that we’re just a bunch of nice kids from down the street.”

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Fun fact, I checked my heart rate during the ND-Tennessee game using the heart rate monitor on my phone. 120 bpm.

So if I were a UConn fan, I would probably be at least an 8. As an ND fan, I think you should all be at 2 at most. But it's always easier to assume that someone else's team will win.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Very anxious in chez BigBird. I am more worried about this one than the Louisville game. And UL is a better team.

Reaction Score
Zero - zip - nada. Never nervous.
Only game anyone should be even slightly nervous is the last game of the season.
But when the tourney starts you may not know when the last game will be. :cool:

Reaction Score
Katie Lou, Gabby, Napheesa and Kia are much improved from two years ago. Crystal is on a whole different level than last year. Z adds an inside and outside dimension, Megan Walker is becoming what we all thought she'd be, and USC is not the same team they were two years ago. Go UConn.

Reaction Score
Recently, Scoop mentioned that wcbb games were not a “matter of life and death.” My first reaction was that poor Scoop had lost it. NOT a matter of life and death? Then I gave the idea, rad as it was, some thought. I concluded that, yes, life would go on after a UConn loss. I'd wake up on Friday and have three meals plus a healthy snack. Everything would go on as before. Sure I'd have to re-live the game in the morning papers but, as they're mostly “fake,” how would I know the results were accurate? I didn't know when the awful truth would fully wash over me or how I'd react when I realized that, indeed, the unthinkable had arrived. Man up, I told myself. What's the worse thing that can come of this? Isn't this what life is all about? The good PLUS the bad?
th

After a few sedatives, I loaded my banana

Reaction Score
Katie Lou, Gabby, Napheesa and Kia are much improved from two years ago. Crystal is on a whole different level than last year. Z adds an inside and outside dimension, Megan Walker is becoming what we all thought she'd be, and USC is not the same team they were two years ago. Go UConn.

While one shouldn’t be nervous since UConn has the advantage at 4 of the 5 matchups in the starting lineups, and both matchups off the bench of the top seven, when you add in nagging injuries of the players nicked up, a tough road environment, or possible foul trouble defending the post it’s impossible not to have a few butterflies. But, as a college coach once told me, as long as the butterflies all fly in the same direction it will be okay. It’s when they start flying in opposite directions you should start being concerned.

Reaction Score
Pretty relaxed. Obviously I want UCONN to win but I learned long ago that, win or lose, the course of my life was not going to be altered in any significant way. There really isn't too much riding on this game IMHO. Should UCONN lose, it will be learning tool to better ensure their success in the tournament. I wouldn't want a repeat of last year, when the bubble burst at the most inopportune time. In other words, if there were to be a loss, I'd rather it happen sooner than later. That being said, Go UCONN!
This was an excellent post! Life will go on regardless. And yes, if they lose it will bring a lot of teachable moments and help prepare them for the tournament and eliminate any possible complacency.
I expect they will win comfortably unless SC shoots the lights out!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Zero shut down Sadie Edwards and beating usc is easy:p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32