On a scale of 0-10, how nervous are you for UCONN vs. SC? | The Boneyard

On a scale of 0-10, how nervous are you for UCONN vs. SC?

How nervous are you for UCONN vs. SC?

• 0 - cool as a cucumber - calm as a lake

• 2 - pretty relaxed - like you would be when UCONN plays any overmatched team

• 4 - mildly nervous - may have to pull out the lucky UCONN shirt and other mojo items

• 6 - moderately nervous - may need a glass of wine or beer to relax before the game

• 8 - very nervous - will definintely need a few shots to calm down before tip off

• 10 - crazed - may need medical attention or some good drugs to relax

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So with 0 being not nervous at all, and 10 meaning you need medical attention (or at least a Quaalude), how nervous are you leading up to the game?

Reaction Score
I choose mildly nervous. I always wear my UConn shirt...and I’ll defini need my pregame martini. But if we play our game we should win by at least 15.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Mildly nervous because of the unknown health and stability of the 3 injured starters. If they were completely health, I'd be relaxed, and cool as the other side of the pillow. :cool:

Reaction Score
I'm only mildly nervous, but can I get the Quaalude anyway?

upload_2018-1-31_23-9-20.png

Reaction Score
moderately- I'll definitely need at least one drink during the game. I was straight 8 during the Texas game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
It will be a loud boisterous crowd will be interesting to see hw the team reacts/responds to the crowd. Both teams are used to playing in front of Big Crowds, with UConn more used to playing in front of large crowds that want to to see them lose. I'm interested in seeing how Azura' plays against A'ja when both on the court at the same time.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not sure if nervous is the right description, but I certainly am as excited as I’ve been all season about a game, similar to last season before Baylor, ND, MD & SC, when there was some doubt about the outcome.

Reaction Score
Pretty relaxed. Obviously I want UCONN to win but I learned long ago that, win or lose, the course of my life was not going to be altered in any significant way. There really isn't too much riding on this game IMHO. Should UCONN lose, it will be learning tool to better ensure their success in the tournament. I wouldn't want a repeat of last year, when the bubble burst at the most inopportune time. In other words, if there were to be a loss, I'd rather it happen sooner than later. That being said, Go UCONN!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Columbia is not an easy place to play. Their are usually pretty raucous and may be a little bit more "juiced" after the Mizz game. They have the ability to intimidate officials and may be to the point of knocking some of our kids back a bit at the beginning.

If USC gets some home cooking and a bit of luck, they can do it. Never the less, I am a solid 3 so I scored a 4 on the survey

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Please identify yourself "crazed" and message often so that we know you are ok. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So with 0 being not nervous at all, and 10 meaning you need medical attention (or at least a Quaalude), how nervous are you leading up to the game?

Because there are only 2 outcomes; win or lose, Every game not AAC I'm moderately nervous!!
We've seen games in the past that were "shoe-in's " and lost (Miss St ?, who'da thunk it??)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm certainly not worried about USC. S. Carolina on the other hand....well we know this is gonna be their year to finally win one. So no, not really worried. The outcome has already been decided.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Obviously I want UCONN to win but I learned long ago that, win or lose, the course of my life was not going to be altered in any significant way.

Blasphemer! Apostate!! This is an attack on the bedrock upon which we built this House of Geno. ;) 'cuz you never know

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Moderately nervous because of all the cupcakes on the training table (and somebody has to do it).

Reaction Score
It will be a loud boisterous crowd will be interesting to see hw the team reacts/responds to the crowd. Both teams are used to playing in front of Big Crowds, with UConn more used to playing in front of large crowds that want to to see them lose. I'm interested in seeing how Azura' plays against A'ja when both on the court at the same time.
\

Azura when against Aj'a when USC played Duke--a last second win in at least one game. ]
Both have aged and experienced a bit, I would think Azura more than Aj'a, but we'll see!!
I would expect Geno will again hold AZ and won't play his 5 until he needs her or the game is so settled he's sending in the mop up troops with AZ

Reaction Score
Barely won last time we played there and that was with Stewie, Mo, and Tuck and a sophomore Wilson having to sit for long stretches due to injury. Wouldn't be surprised to win by 8 or lose by 8.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Barely won last time we played there and that was with Stewie, Mo, and Tuck and a sophomore Wilson having to sit for long stretches due to injury. Wouldn't be surprised to win by 8 or lose by 8.
You may want to take a look at that game again. With or without Wilson, UConn dominated that game. The Huskies were up 21 points at the end of 3 qtrs., when Geno took his foot off the gas. At the time, a number of folks thought that the reason that Geno took it easy on SC in the 4th qtr was that he didn't want to embarrass his Olympic assistant and the coach most likely to take over the national team once he stepped down.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Columbia is not an easy place to play. Their are usually pretty raucous and may be a little bit more "juiced" after the Mizz game. They have the ability to intimidate officials and may be to the point of knocking some of our kids back a bit at the beginning.

If USC gets some home cooking and a bit of luck, they can do it. Never the less, I am a solid 3 so I scored a 4 on the survey
I agree about the officials due to this past weekend's debacle and the public statements made by all in the aftermath. They will make their own statement. I am guessing that one of the refs will be Dee Kanter, one of ESPN's favorites, and even though she is one of the top officials, I think she likes Dawn and sometimes the home town team. IMO.
But I am hoping that Gabby and Pheesa alternate guarding Wilson and shut her down as was done in the 2nd half of last year's game.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
2- Relaxed. SC doesn't seem to be gelling completely right now. I've seen better SC teams in the past. However I'm curious to see Z and Wilson go at it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom