Ollie threatening to sue UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Ollie threatening to sue UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No State agency should allow unearned/undeserved tax payer money to be spent regardless of whether or not we're in a tight fiscal situation. We should function with tax payer money as if we are always in a tight fiscal position.
The majority of the spending by the basketball program is not with taxpayer funds. It's through athletic revenue and fundraising. Not a dime back.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
giphy.gif
Soliciting a Title and casting choices for the Oliver Stone movie of this.

Anything better than "Any Given Saturday at Noon from 5th 3rd Arena" will be considered.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Isn't he currently suspended with pay? At the very least he's walking away without however much money he earns while this process plays out. He's getting something, so to say he should be happy with anything they offer doesn't make any sense.
I think the either his contract or the CBA says that he gets 180 days in lieu of notice, so stretching things out isn't making him any money.

CL82

Reaction Score
Soliciting a Title and casting choices for the Oliver Stone movie of this.

Anything better than "Any Given Saturday at Noon from 5th 3rd Arena" will be considered.
"I Guess I Needed More Toes: The Kevin Ollie Story"

"Taking the Escalator Down: The Rise and Fall of Kevin Ollie at UConn"

Reaction Score
Dickie V w/ the Deadspin article. Love how the “casual” follower to the situation always pick the low hanging fruit violation to call out:

CL82

Reaction Score
It's amazing how the blowhards keep ignoring the most serious violation.
And ignore that the reason that this is being discussed in public is because Ollie's representation chose to take their case to the media, probably because they realize it cannot be won at arbitration or in the courts.

Reaction Score
Love how the “casual” follower to the situation always pick the low hanging fruit violation to call out:

If you don’t believe Herbst and Benedict handled this matter irresponsibly you’re delusional. Hurley will win this season because he has a good team and the Freshmen are now sophomores. Should he not reel in some promising recruits for next season the death spiral will continue. Only way to end this is to fire Herbst and Benedict and pay Ollie for this mess to go away.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And ignore that the reason that this is being discussed in public is because Ollie's representation chose to take their case to the media, probably because they realize it cannot be won at arbitration or in the courts.

Is this a bad strategy?

Is it a unique strategy?

Reaction Score
If you don’t believe Herbst and Benedict handled this matter irresponsibly you’re delusional. Hurley will win this season because he has a good team and the Freshmen are now sophomores. Should he not reel in some promising recruits for next season the death spiral will continue. Only way to end this is to fire Herbst and Benedict and pay Ollie for this mess to go away.
4F979B9E-BA5F-4C4E-BDA3-72018C2A53CD.jpeg

Reaction Score
Please explain how "irresponsibly" was the correct word choice here. The only way I can rationalize that word choice is if by "responsibly" you mean "how I think they should have"

Reaction Score
I hate to say I was right but I tried to explain to the people on here that are delusional that Herbst and Benedict handling of this matter was irresponsible. They put the entire program at risk. There claim for cause to fire Ollie is BS and everyone knows it. Herbst and Benedict tried to smear Ollie’s name to avoid paying him and it’s backfiring on them. The so called “violations” Ollie committed happens at Every School in the country.

CL82

Reaction Score
Is this a bad strategy?

Is it a unique strategy?
Is it "bad?" Maybe if a better result could have been reached by handling things more quietly.

Is it "unique?" Not particularly. It is a choice. I guess time will tell if it was the right one.

CL82

Reaction Score
I hate to say I was right but I tried to explain to the people on here that are delusional that Herbst and Benedict handling of this matter was irresponsible. They put the entire program at risk. There claim for cause to fire Ollie is BS and everyone knows it. Herbst and Benedict tried to smear Ollie’s name to avoid paying him and it’s backfiring on them. The so called “violations” Ollie committed happens at Every School.
So just a few of questions:

How exactly do you know that every school in America is imperishably paying for room and board for kids to train?

How exactly did school "try to smear" KO when his representation is responsible for the press?

Who exactly did you say was delusional?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Drake can warmup with Kentucky and meet and greet recruits and it’s not a violation. SMH

Reaction Score
"I Guess I Needed More Toes: The Kevin Ollie Story"

"Taking the Escalator Down: The Rise and Fall of Kevin Ollie at UConn"
Could definitely do a great “Better Call Saul” where we have KO at UC Bakersfield in black and white, with the series being his rise and fall just like Jimmy/Saul. In fact, a Saul cameo as KO searches for lawyers to defend him would be pretty funny

Actually seems like it could be a pretty analogous arc involving ego and the burning of bridges.

CL82

Reaction Score
damn dickie v finally looked up and took a break from sucking duke off....he should shut up

he is part of the reason that the aac is so disrespected...
Loving the unconcealed hate...
respect-graphic-1024x767.jpg

Reaction Score
I hate to say I was right but I tried to explain to the people on here that are delusional that Herbst and Benedict handling of this matter was irresponsible. They put the entire program at risk. There claim for cause to fire Ollie is BS and everyone knows it. Herbst and Benedict tried to smear Ollie’s name to avoid paying him and it’s backfiring on them. The so called “violations” Ollie committed happens at Every School in the country.
What did UConn do to smear him? They presented the facts of his termination after a request from the media that had to be honored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom