Ollie threatening to sue UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Ollie threatening to sue UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Drake can warmup with Kentucky and meet and greet recruits and it’s not a violation. SMH
My god you're right! You should let them know...
upload_2018-6-28_13-14-29.jpeg
(317) 917-6222

Reaction Score
If he wins million(s) from this lawsuit to him its worth it. I would do it as well, especially if I was unemployed and facing an uncertain future in my profession. All this may backfire, but its a risk worth taking to him. I can't imagine many people (even we UConn fans) being fired and leaving millions behind to quietly walk away without trying to get some of that money. I hope UConn was expecting this and already prepared for 'battle'.

Not a good situation but hell you can't fire someone from a contracted high paying job and not expect a fight.

The degree of uncertainty in KO future is becoming greater by his actions. The nastier the fight gets, the less attractive he becomes.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The degree of uncertainty in KO future is becoming greater by his actions. The nastier the fight gets, the less attractive he becomes.

His future is already shot. That’s why he’s acting like this.

Not even an NBA team will hire him as an assistant. This is his last chance to get money to fund his lifestyle for a long time.

Reaction Score
If you don’t believe Herbst and Benedict handled this matter irresponsibly you’re delusional. Hurley will win this season because he has a good team and the Freshmen are now sophomores. Should he not reel in some promising recruits for next season the death spiral will continue. Only way to end this is to fire Herbst and Benedict and pay Ollie for this mess to go away.

Giving KO 10MM that he doesn't deserve is going to get UConn basketball back to national prominence? lol

Reaction Score

Not even an NBA team will hire him as an assistant. This is his last chance to get money to fund his lifestyle for a long time.
And I don't see the administration balking. Tough to see someone dig their own grave but he's had so many chances to put down the shovel the past couple of years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Disagree. Remember Michael Vick?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Disagree. Remember Michael Vick?

Michael Vick was still capable of carrying out the responsibilities of his job on a day to day basis.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Drake can warmup with Kentucky and meet and greet recruits and it’s not a violation. SMH

Different rules for different schools. Everybody knows that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hate to say I was right but I tried to explain to the people on here that are delusional that Herbst and Benedict handling of this matter was irresponsible. They put the entire program at risk. There claim for cause to fire Ollie is BS and everyone knows it. Herbst and Benedict tried to smear Ollie’s name to avoid paying him and it’s backfiring on them. The so called “violations” Ollie committed happens at Every School in the country.

When you are over there and everyone else is over here, it's time to take a step back and reevaluate your position.

one_man_army_by_jhn1703.jpg

Reaction Score
And ignore that the reason that this is being discussed in public is because Ollie's representation chose to take their case to the media, probably because they realize it cannot be won at arbitration or in the courts.
I don't think, so almost all the info out there was obtained by media outlets using the FOI act.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Michael Vick was still capable of carrying out the responsibilities of his job on a day to day basis.
I understand that someone who is twenty years older than you seems ancient, and that you have taken a very personal affront to his alleged off-court conduct, but you've become Johnny One Note with this shtick and it's really odd, and really off. We get it. You know bad stuff about him and it offended and hurt you very deeply.

Forever is a long time. He screwed up here for sure, but I believe he will find a better place and reliable employment to support himself at some point. 45 is a bit too soon to be writing anyone off. Some day you will realize that.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I hate to say I was right but I tried to explain to the people on here that are delusional that Herbst and Benedict handling of this matter was irresponsible. They put the entire program at risk. There claim for cause to fire Ollie is BS and everyone knows it. Herbst and Benedict tried to smear Ollie’s name to avoid paying him and it’s backfiring on them. The so called “violations” Ollie committed happens at Every School in the country.
You LOVE to claim you're right. It's what posturing advocates do. It's dishonest to claim otherwise, delusional to imagine that your motives aren't fully transparent, and your communications are counterproductive to bringing this matter to healthy closure.

Settle down, settle up, but settle.

Reaction Score
I don't think they acted "irresponsible". There were obviously lawyers involved in the decision to use "just cause" for the firing. I don't think Benedict and Herbst made the decision without consulting many people, including attorneys.

If UConn wins in arbitration then I think you're wrong and need to apologize. If UConn loses then you can say they were wrong but I don't get your point of view that they acted "irresponsible".

And don't point to the entire situation and the media attention as a reason for being "irresponsible". When this much money is involved there are usually fights. Did you want UConn just to roll over and pay Ollie his money because he wanted it and has made every effort to get it?

I'm just curious, are you related to Ollie? His ex-wife?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Could definitely do a great “Better Call Saul” where we have KO at UC Bakersfield in black and white, with the series being his rise and fall just like Jimmy/Saul. In fact, a Saul cameo as KO searches for lawyers to defend him would be pretty funny

Actually seems like it could be a pretty analogous arc involving ego and the burning of bridges.

Nice.

Giving greater consideration to Oliver Stone's career, I think the title can simply be "KO." It's more than "W" and less than "JFK."

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I understand that someone who is twenty years older than you seems ancient, and that you have taken a very personal affront to his alleged off-court conduct, but you've become Johnny One Note with this shtick and it's really odd, and really off. We get it. You know bad stuff about him and it offended and hurt you very deeply.

Forever is a long time. He screwed up here for sure, but I believe he will find a better place and reliable employment to support himself at some point. 45 is a bit too soon to be writing anyone off. Some day you will realize that.

I'm not offended or hurt. I'm just puzzled by people who think that NBA teams are looking to hire someone who, over the past few years, has continuously blown off the specific responsibilities of his job (recruiting, game-planning, scouting etc.) for Off-Court Extracurriculars A and B. Do people really think that NBA assistants just show up at the arena, sit on the bench for a few hours, and go on their merry way whenever a game isn't going on? A and B are clearly interfering with his daily life. They shouldn't be hashed out in public, but I feel confident in saying that people who engage in them compulsively find it very difficult to cut back without some sort of intervention.

I actually really hope he gets the help he needs. With how the past few months have unfolded, I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Reaction Score
Thanks.
Again, Chief likes Kevin and knows how he thinks. I hope he can rebuilt his life starting with a clean slate. To do that he’s got to get a bare minimum of $2 million net to pay off his EX and some pocket money to drive hot cars, wear nice suits, go to Capital Grille and keep the ladies happy. Then that weight is lifted and he can focus on basketball and get an NBA job. They don’t care about all this stuff and he doesn’t have to manage a program. He could enjoy life again and have a drink or go clubbing without posts about it. He would be great working with guards who already have talent.
Golly gee wilikers I want to go to the Capital Grille, where fancy suits drive cool cars too. Oh and keep the ladies happy. Can I get in on Ollie’s deal. Let’s see,be bad at my job, break the rules, lie about it to my boss. Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Reaction Score
I'm not offended or hurt. I'm just puzzled by people who think that NBA teams are looking to hire someone who, over the past few years, has continuously blown off the specific responsibilities of his job (recruiting, game-planning, scouting etc.) for Off-Court Extracurriculars A and B. Do people really think that NBA assistants just show up at the arena, sit on the bench for a few hours, and go on their merry way whenever a game isn't going on? A and B are clearly interfering with his daily life. They shouldn't be hashed out in public, but I feel confident in saying that people who engage in them compulsively find it very difficult to cut back without some sort of intervention.

I actually really hope he gets the help he needs. With how the past few months have unfolded, I don't think that will happen anytime soon.
If Kevin couldn’t be motivated by $3M+ per year, is he really going to be motivated by $300-$400k?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yada Yada, what about Calipari & Drake?
If Calioari performed as poorly as KO (he didn't), they could have fired him, and, if the contract contained such provisions, done so "for cause," thereby relieving them of thevobligation to pay monies otherwise owed. It's not as one or the other as you claim.

Some people are doing their best to ignore this, but the law will be applied and become a basis for decision in either Arbitration or litigation, or as a basis for legal counsel & clients to evaluate their respective cases and odds of prevailing, and determine whether or how to settle short of Arbitration or litigation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc