Ollie quote on Alterique and Adams for upcoming season... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie quote on Alterique and Adams for upcoming season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am very much looking forward to the additional quickness and better D this upcoming season.
Gibbs was who he was - a decent shooter and at times a capable ball handler - yes he stood out at Seton Hal but his role was different at UConn
DHam has a lot of haters, but I for one, had an appreciation for his game, Did he handle too much? Yes but with the exception of JA there was no true point guard.
In the end to the many boneheads - if this team fails to go undefeated - it's KO's fault -unfortunately that's the consistent I have seen here
I feel the 16-17 season can be very exciting. Young/hungry, fast, athletic - a great combo
I don't get why people think the guy with far and away the best assist/turnover ratio on the team handled the ball too much. People's perceptions of DHam on this board are truly amazing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't get why people think the guy with far and away the best assist/turnover ratio on the team handled the ball too much. People's perceptions of DHam on this board are truly amazing.
He had a weird handle and often looked awkward of out of control. Though I'd have been happy to have had him back, and wish him nothing but the best, I'm looking forward to playing more up tempo with better ball movement. We'll see if that comes to pass.

Reaction Score
He had a weird handle and often looked awkward of out of control. Though I'd have been happy to have had him back, and wish him nothing but the best, I'm looking forward to playing more up tempo with better ball movement. We'll see if that comes to pass.
I'm not super confident we'll play more up tempo. We just lost a guy who was great at rebounding and pushing the ball himself. Without solid rebounding and good outlet passes it will be hard to play faster, regardless of how fast JA and AG are with the ball in their hands.

Reaction Score
AG/JA/Purv/Enoch/Brimah is my starting lineup. Still expect i big jump for Enoch from last year. Guy has a good attitude and work ethic

Reaction Score
AG/JA/Purv/Enoch/Brimah is my starting lineup. Still expect i big jump for Enoch from last year. Guy has a good attitude and work ethic

If the Facey/Brimah spacing is bad, what in the hell will Enoch/Brimah look like?

I think we'll probably start the season with a big starting lineup of Adams/Purvis/Larrier/Facey/Brimah, but with some quick substitutions to get Gilbert into the game and to go small, like JC would do in 2011. By the end of the year, we could keep the same starters, but distribute the minutes differently, or (my preference) go small off the bat.

Reaction Score
Is it? I could easily see JA/Purv/Larrier/Facey/Brimah as well.

It won't be our best lineup, nor the one we see in February, but I'd put money on this being the starting lineup our first few games.

Reaction Score
I mean it would be great if someone stepped up to take the 4 by storm, or in turn Kentan improved enough to make us forget about the spacing debacle which it would be if both he and Brimah are the same players. I agree with some we that we may see the JA, Rodney, TL, KF and AB to start but someone will change the staffs mind. So many variables into what can and will occur before the opening tip and even beyond, the speculation is all over the place. I mean if Juwan is healthy this may change it immediately. Let's see what unfolds, kind of exciting to see who jumps out of the group of "maybes" to take a spot or 2.

As far as DHam, nice player with a tomn of potential. Not sure if it's NBA potential or just would have been a good college player. But as far as this overrating his value, we'll be fine. Miss his rebounding - hell yeah. But in turn someone may guard their guy a little longer and stop him when they don't cheat to get the rebound? It happened no doubt, saw it. And the 2.5 TO's a game can be improved. He did some nice things but when he got into the lane he rarely passed to the open shooter on the wing tending to usually throw it up to AB or even turn it over. Hey, the guy shot .380 and .387 form the field in his 2 years, we will improve on that I believe. .343 and 331 from 3 not too bad, hit some big ones so someone will need to step up. All in all I think we have the roster to negate or improve his loss.

Reaction Score
Except Enoch can't guard anything but an immobile 5.

You're also forgetting this guy named Terry Larrier

Reaction Score
"True point guard" is ridiculous hokum. It's meaningless. He played point guard very well at Seton Hall.

The concept of positions in general are fairly antiquated. The only time I really care about position labels these days is on the other end.

Reaction Score
I'm nervous Adams will need a year to really develop into the man. Both Walker and Bazz struggled with that jump from talented, raw spark plug to leading man. He's got the right supporting cast with the leadership from Purvis and the (hopefully) spark plug that AG can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom