Official practice getting started | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official practice getting started

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I feel the opposite. Can't shake the memory of what a disaster this team was without Jalen.

That's not the way I recalled it. So I checked.

Games without Jalen- 4 point loss at Cincinnati, loss at the buzzer at Wichita State, 8 pts loss to Houston, 7 point loss at Memphis, 2 pt win vs USF. The only game that was a "disaster" was the usual blowout loss at Moody to SMU. We were competitive against some of the AAC's best in that stretch without Jalen even if we lost them.

I don't think Hurley is worried one bit about replacing Jalen Adams this year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think Hurley is worried one bit about replacing Jalen Adams this year.

If he didn't worry about replacing our best player and best scorer, he's nuts. Especially when our next best has yet to make it through a season without losing significant time.

We do have a lot more depth/options this year, that is true.

pj

Reaction Score
If he didn't worry about replacing our best player and best scorer, he's nuts. Especially when our next best has yet to make it through a season without losing significant time.

I think he's happy with J Adams's replacements (Bouknight and Gaffney). Hurley knows he has a lot of work to do building them up. I don't think knowing you have work to do is the same thing as worrying. He could be excited about it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

College basketball coaches every season replace players a hell of a lot better than Jalen Adams off of teams that were far more successful than the teams Adams led.

Hurley is not losing sleep over Adams not being here anymore.

Reaction Score
1) Alterique. He's healthy now and should be able to drive & draw contact at will. Whether he can do so and stay healthy remains to be seen.

With AG he seemed to be able to handle the contact last year and was fearless driving to the hole.

It's the 'falls to the floor' that worries me, and now have to add running into picks. Not saying he's fragile, but I probably won't rest watching him until March 2020.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Going through these pics the one thing that stood out to me the most is how big Richie Springs is, he's standing right behind Whaley and he is a good couple inches taller and thicker. If he can carve out some space and box out I like his chances at meaningful minutes as the season progresses.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
College basketball coaches every season replace players a hell of a lot better than Jalen Adams off of teams that were far more successful than the teams Adams led.
Hurley is not losing sleep over Adams not being here anymore.

I just know that every time we lose our best player people say it'll be all good next year. And it almost never is. It's like clockwork on here.

We'll be better this year, simply because we have more good players, but we might not win a ton more games. Hopefully the team figures out how to close this year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I've said it in the weight training threads, but Whaley has put on some muscle. That could bode well for him getting some spot minutes in some situations.

Gaffney looks a little thicker than I thought he'd be. Nice looking frame to develop too.

Reaction Score
I just know that every time we lose our best player people say it'll be all good next year. And it almost never is. It's like clockwork on here.

We'll be better this year, simply because we have more good players, but we might not win a ton more games. Hopefully the team figures out how to close this year.

It means nothing to lose a best player off a team that did nothing but lose with him as the best player.

Reaction Score
These practices will be much better than in our recent past. More talent, more depth, nobody is injured.
Serious competition for playing time here; Hurley will get the most out of these guys. Love seeing Cole on Gilbert, Gilbert on Cole, playmakers on each squad, going head to head. I think Cole will bring a lot to this team, even this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom