Official Obliterate the Orange Game Thread | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Official Obliterate the Orange Game Thread

Reaction Score
This loss hurts becuase it's to cuse. But this was a horrible display of what uconn can do on a national scale. To the causal fan this is the kind of game to watch. It was an embarrassment. No one out there looked prepared. The press prevailed. A lot of exterior passing and bad last second shots. I know I'm hard on KO but I think the loss of miller really removed a lot of our teams X and O. We just look lost and overwhelmed. You can't blame people on this board be being upset when this is year 3 of the same issues without a sign for improvement. People don't care about 2014 like we once did. It's all about what you did for me recently. Women can fill the XL center no problem but we might scrap together 8k. It's sad.

Reaction Score
Well, not a great performance on national TV.

-I still like Diarra a lot. Could benefit from learning how to shoot free throws. But lots of tools - I think he's going to be a very good player before all is said and done.
For some reason brought the ball down a number of times, when he should go up strong, w/o bringing the ball down.

Reaction Score
Carlton isn't ready for this type of game yet as a freshman, but we found out that Cobb is.

Diarra is ready to expand his role if he develops his offensive side around the rim and at the line.

We don't have a point guard, so Jalen needs to become that guard and value the ball.

Vital needs to become that 2-guard that he showed for about 15 minutes tonight.

I'm still on record as saying we'll make the tourney. This is a tough one to swallow, but we're closer to knowing who needs to be where now that we believe we won't have Alterique anymore...

That's all we need to have happen!? Great!

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
This loss hurts becuase it's to cuse. But this was a horrible display of what uconn can do on a national scale. To the causal fan this is the kind of game to watch. It was an embarrassment. No one out there looked prepared. The press prevailed. A lot of exterior passing and bad last second shots. I know I'm hard on KO but I think the loss of miller really removed a lot of our teams X and O. We just look lost and overwhelmed. You can't blame people on this board be being upset when this is year 3 of the same issues without a sign for improvement. People don't care about 2014 like we once did. It's all about what you did for me recently. Women can fill the XL center no problem but we might scrap together 8k. It's sad.
Pretty much agreed. We didn't look like we didn't belong in the same building like against Arkansas but we clearly looked inferior to Syracuse. And it kind of hurts to say that.

Reaction Score
For some reason brought the ball down a number of times, when he should go up strong, w/o bringing the ball down.

Yeah I mean everything I saw from him was easily fixable 'don't be a dingus 1st year player' type stuff.

Reaction Score
Offensive Rebounds 16-7 Defensive Rebounds 22-16 Free Throws Cuse 24-33 vs. UConn 16-23. Turnovers and fouls pretty much even. They destroyed us on the boards.

When they took a shot, it's like all 5 of our players tried to get down court in transition without the ball.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That's all we need to have happen!? Great!

Yup. That's all. We need to convert Jalen into a point guard and get Diarra and Cobb more burn, even if it comes at the expense of Larrier...

Reaction Score
Blow it all up and start over. Building with a new coach is more attractive than our current trajectory.

Reaction Score
It's year 4, keep Ollie around and next year will be year 5 of the same issues. Only difference will be we won't get these games anymore to embarrass ourselves in.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately TL decided to take the game off and it was Jalen all by himself. Jalen is going to have to see he is the only good player and make sure that the offense goes through him if we are going to have a chance at the tourney this year.
Wait by himself? That’s. That’s. Hero ball.

Reaction Score
Diarra doesn't really go strong to the basket. He seemed intimidated tonight. All the Huskies did.

SwingDog

Reaction Score
I did like some of the scrappy play on defense, especially toward within the last 10 minutes. Came up with some nice steals and converted on a few but just not a sustained effort and too many back door cuts by 'Cuse that we couldn't stop.

Reaction Score
The team battled hard against the Cuse. Just don’t have enough talent to go up against the P5 level boys. We have lunch pale guys and need to find a way to grit-grind out victories. Most teams we are going to play will have more talented players than UConn. UConn needs to really slow the game down, drag it into the mud and try to win a rock fight. Trying to run and gun will be a recipe for disaster. We might be able to run with the big boys, but it’s the gunning we will struggle with.

Reaction Score
Diarra doesn't really go strong to the basket. He seemed intimidated tonight. All the Huskies did.
More by the fact that they were in MSG than the team they were playing, IMO.

Reaction Score
Offensive Rebounds 16-7 Defensive Rebounds 22-16 Free Throws Cuse 24-33 vs. UConn 16-23. Turnovers and fouls pretty much even. They destroyed us on the boards.

When they took a shot, it's like all 5 of our players tried to get down court in transition without the ball.
Well, when you are playing with 3 6 foot guards, an out of position 4 and a 5 under 6'7" that tends to happen. Enough with the 3 guard lineup. Larrier back to 3, live with diarrra polley whaley Charlton and Cobb at 4 and 5. Going nowhere, so get the freshman the playing time.

Reaction Score
Disappointing performance. Some bright spots here and there and they didn't give up but this clearly wasn't among the classic UConn-Syracuse battles...not even close. This team will improve but there are some missing pieces. We could use a scoring presence inside, even if it's Diarra or Carlton picking up garbage points from offensive rebounds. Too much of a one trick pony right now and also too many costly defensive lapses for easy Orange buckets.
I’d like to see Cobb and Carlton for that reason. Remember how our all time best front court shared the ball? Carlton needs minutes. His post game and cobbs are the most lethal. Problem is how do you keep mo on the bench.

SwingDog

Reaction Score
Right. Not seeing confidence with Diarra on offense or any of our bigs for that matter. We need that. Not stupid fouls but tenacity.

Reaction Score
Wait by himself? That’s. That’s. Hero ball.
Well that is what it is going to take for us to win this year. Do you really see anybody else who can score on their own? Honestly. I had hope for TL but that is fading fast.

Reaction Score
Well, when you are playing with 3 6 foot guards, an out of position 4 and a 5 under 6'7" that tends to happen. Enough with the 3 guard lineup. Larrier back to 3, live with diarrra polley whaley Charlton and Cobb at 4 and 5. Going nowhere, so get the freshman the playing time.
Half agree.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
In fairness - this game felt a lot less on Ollie and a lot more on sloppy play and missed opportunities. They gave us every opportunity to pull within 3-5 during that stretch.

The scoreline fits the narrative, but the game itself didn't.

We've got a few folks who aren't ready for this type of game yet. Carlton, Polley, DO (who probably will never be ready), and even Anderson and dare I say....Larrier.

The only good thing to take away from this game for me is that Cobb and Diarra seemed ready despite not having played a whole heck of a lot this year. I'm hoping that they sharpen up fast as we go deeper into the season...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's like KO was SHOCKED Cuse came out in a 2-3 zone.

His game prep is non-existent.

It looks like they never watch film on the openent or themselves.

The team plays pick up basketball.

They came out making the right passes and movements, but gave it up really, really quick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom