Official Obliterate the Orange Game Thread | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Official Obliterate the Orange Game Thread

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Single digits

#humiliatingsmallvictories

We won the second half by 2.

We just turned it over so much, and the refs killed us especially with Cobb out.

We need a point guard badly. I've said that for almost two years now...

Reaction Score
lol ok piss off it's 2017 and most aren't "believers" anymore. if you're that worked up about it you shouldn't be on the internet

Dude you have to be the biggest doosh on this board, and that's saying something.

Look up narcissist. You'll find your picture. Not just talking about this topic.

Get a life. Redditt loves people like you.

Reaction Score
Our program is dogs#^t and JMick used our Lord and Savior's name in vain.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We’re poorly coached, don’t have enough talent and we need a point guard and a front court.

Other than that, I’m optimistic.

Remember the NCAA bubble? Yeah, we’re not even close to that.

Reaction Score
Dude you have to be the biggest doosh on this board, and that's saying something.

Look up narcissist. You'll find your picture. Not just talking about this topic.

Get a life. Redditt loves people like you.
lol I'm fine with it. at least I'm not delusional

Reaction Score
Unfortunately TL decided to take the game off and it was Jalen all by himself. Jalen is going to have to see he is the only good player and make sure that the offense goes through him if we are going to have a chance at the tourney this year.

Reaction Score
At this point, it is no longer about wins and losses for me. It is about the eye test and product improvement. Better get a good product out there because the wins will not come otherwise.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Disappointing performance. Some bright spots here and there and they didn't give up but this clearly wasn't among the classic UConn-Syracuse battles...not even close. This team will improve but there are some missing pieces. We could use a scoring presence inside, even if it's Diarra or Carlton picking up garbage points from offensive rebounds. Too much of a one trick pony right now and also too many costly defensive lapses for easy Orange buckets.

Reaction Score
KO sucks. The program is a disgrace and nothing is going to change in the near future. We don't have the team talent, size or basketball skills to compete anywhere near where we are accustomed. I appreciate the occasional effort some put out there, but that doesn't make a team and KO doesn't know how to recruit one, build one or teach one.

Reaction Score
At this point, it is no longer about wins and losses for me. It is about the eye test and product improvement. Better get a good product out there because the wins will not come otherwise.
Yeah wins are going to be few and far between if we don't improve soon.

Reaction Score
Our program is dogs#^t and JMick used our Lord and Savior's name in vain.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Well, not a great performance on national TV.

Good

-Eric Cobb is good. I like him. He's rough around the edges but he's a legitimate piece on a good team. Excellent passer. Less fouls would be nice but the refs weren't doing him any favors. Hard to believe this was the guy in this year's class people were so uncertain about.

-Christian Vital is plucky. I'm not sure he's a bedrock piece or anything - but he's a sparkplug off the bench type of guy on a good team. I like him.

-Energy in the second half was very good. They pushed the ball and got out front and they were right there. They had all the chances in the world to get back into it. Just didn't capitalize. I just wish they could find that for 40 minutes.

-I still like Diarra a lot. Could benefit from learning how to shoot free throws. But lots of tools - I think he's going to be a very good player before all is said and done.

Bad

-Almost everything else.

-Our bigs are non-competitive outside of Cobb. We are so undersized it's painful. Simple eye test pointed to a power five conference school vs a team that's not close to being that.

-It's the same thing - again - every year, every big game. They get blown out of their shoes for 20 minutes, give you 10 where you start thinking about how good they could really be before they do everything possible to kill their own momentum and fade down the stretch. it's like watching a movie on a loop at this point

-Coaching adjustments were just soooo slow tonight. Ollie's gotta do better.

-I can't understand for the life of me how anyone thinks Larrier and Adams are ready for pro basketball.

Reaction Score
His handle is the least of his issues. He's a college wing with dim NBA prospects and you want him to be LeBron with the ball. How bout he focuses on adding some weight, lift, speed, toughness, quick decision making, decision making in general, full extension to make use of his length, etc.

He thinks he's LeBron

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
KO sucks. The program is a disgrace and nothing is going to change in the near future. We don't have the team talent, size or basketball skills to compete anywhere near where we are accustomed. I appreciate the occasional effort some put out there, but that doesn't make a team and KO doesn't know how to recruit one, build one or teach one.

Carlton isn't ready for this type of game yet as a freshman, but we found out that Cobb is.

Diarra is ready to expand his role if he develops his offensive side around the rim and at the line.

We don't have a point guard, so Jalen needs to become that guard and value the ball.

Vital needs to become that 2-guard that he showed for about 15 minutes tonight.

I'm still on record as saying we'll make the tourney. This is a tough one to swallow, but we're closer to knowing who needs to be where now that we believe we won't have Alterique anymore...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom