Official NLI thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He states in the article he always knew they were going to sign 2 QB's? Um...OK. Now there would be 3 so.....

Do you think the coaches caught all of Mr Lagow's comments the last few days and said we need to just sign the GA kid? I say yes.

Agree...even if they're not monitoring the BY that closely between having Boyle fall in our laps, getting vibes from some of RL's public comments since the Boyle interest came out, and possibly from whatever impressions Weist got from his connect with RL, obviously the coaching staff was ready to quickly offer Taylor when RL got cold feet. Kudos for having a plan B at the ready.

Reaction Score
He has only been told to do what he thinks is best and then after the decision is made he has to do what is best for the team. As for parents, I was warned by one obviously wiser and I ignored the advice. Next year the parent's will have a better learning curve, or be less stubborn, or not be retired and have time, or........well you get the idea. Most likely they will post anonymously. :)
Parents contribute immensely. This is just not the place to do it. The place to do it is at the stadium.

Reaction Score
Jimdish made a great point. Don't you call, e-mail, text, telegraph, or smoke signal a UConn coach and let them know you are going to commit, but want to wait so you can have a school ceremony on Friday. I am sure UConn would have asked for the signed letter, but they would have held back on the announcement to accomodate the school ceremony. In the recruiting world holding back on sending your LOI leaves far too many open questions for not only fans, but coaches. And the coaches have to make the moves they deem appropriate, which UConn did.
What I don't understand is that for seven months he talked to recruits, talked up Uconn, stayed faithful and did not take one more call or visit, then Uconn has a great recruiting class and apparently gets more than anyone expected (including QB) and there is no tolerance at all. Butch is correct, I should have let it go.

Reaction Score
What I don't understand is that for seven months he talked to recruits, talked up Uconn, stayed faithful and did not take one more call or visit, then Uconn has a great recruiting class and apparently gets more than anyone expected (including QB) and there is no tolerance at all. Butch is correct, I should have let it go.
Don't assume we are unfaithful to Richard. We are offering him a top-notch education in a huge megalopolis that knows our school.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately this is very poor thinking - address whatever can be addressed as quickly as possible. Have the student assistant hand Coach P a husky tie; it's not like these types of things require big money and take away from time spent creating a winner. Any opportunity you have that's this easy should be capitalized without question. It really isn't that hard to address this type of situation. Like I said, low hanging fruit; capitalize where it takes very little effort but shows bigger gains.

You are new around here. If you stick around, you'll see that "very poor thinking" is actually commonplace.

Reaction Score

The 24/7 article has Richard stating he knew this would be a 2 QB class. Getting a very mixed message here. Does Richard even know you've been on here for the last few days airing his "dirty laundry"?

Reaction Score
Mr. Lagow, let it go. You know who we are. Let your son make his decision based on that.
Yep, when it's all said and done there are going to be two QB's in this class. Lagow and Boyle or Martin and Boyle. What that duo is is up to R Lagow if I'm reading this entire situation correctly based on what was announced tonight over at the Rent. Is there still miscommunication between the two sides? Is there misinterpretation of the rule regarding who can contact who? perhaps.

Let's all take a chill pill on the Lagow issue and just let it settle it self out on its own. Despite all the fireworks in the thread today, he still strikes me as a good kid with a good foundation and he's got some serious life decisions right now that he has to mull over. It's easy for us to tell him what he should or shouldn't do but either way let's get some space from this and let the whole thing breathe.

The story of the day is still the fact that we brought in some very good talent this year and thats what I'll ultimately take away from today.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone on here should be upset with Richard - even if he does choose not to attend Uconn (not saying he won't) but as I was talking about before; branding. And this kid has already helped us in doing so even if he never ends up attending this University. I mean, this picture says it all:

mqdefault.jpg

Reactions: pj

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

They did not get more than anyone expected. They actually got less.

What 'tolerance' are you looking for? No one has posted yet that every recruit shouldn't look out for their best interests.

What turns people off is jerking the staff around and trying to spin the situation to something that it isn't.

Reaction Score
Agree...even if they're not monitoring the BY that closely between having Boyle fall in our laps, getting vibes from some of RL's public comments since the Boyle interest came out, and possibly from whatever impressions Weist got from his connect with RL, obviously the coaching staff was ready to quickly offer Taylor when RL got cold feet. Kudos for having a plan B at the ready.
He found out about the second QB the same time the OC arrived and then it was announced that the commit from cinci was being recruited. It was a short phone interview you are talking about and I was as surprised as anyone when I read it and immediately asked him about it because I was actually with him on his trip and listened to the sell. Kids get rattled talking to reporters. That is why some coaches will not allow freshmen to talk to reporters, they just are not ready and the reader treats each word like gospel......like here. But think what you want, at the end of the day he is still 6'6" and 220lbs and can pin point a ball and things will work themselves out or he can just be a college kid and enjoy college. Anyone who has played D1 knows how consuming it is, it is not a cake walk.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
If you say so. I'd prefer they figure out how to price tickets for example. That moves the needle. Having a blue tie makes psychos on the internet happy.

Familiar with the concept called "multi-tasking"?

Reaction Score

What 'tolerance' are you looking for? No one has posted yet that every recruit shouldn't look out for their best interests.

What turns people off is jerking the staff around and trying to spin the situation to something that it isn't.
They got a great athlete QB/safety/academic star/any position he wants to play. They got a local homegrown QB that is a good kid. They got more than they expected.

I assume you are referring to the illness? Well, deal with it because I have the bills, the medicine, the excused absence slip, and a kid still running a fever over 101 so get over yourself. You can bad mouth me all you want, I have been through the fire and back, but he has done nothing except help the program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Familiar with the concept called "multi-tasking"?

Sure. My original post said I would worry about the little things when they get the big things right. Wearing a blue tie isn't going to make ME forget the big things they get wrong.

Reaction Score

I still don't get why you are bashing an 18 year old and his dad? This is a kid who was excited to play for the program we love. I never saw him disparage, disgrace, make fun of, or bash the program. He's just undecided, heck he is a teenager. Do I agree with everything his dad says, No I don't, but I sure won't insult him for a decision that is not his to make. If he does actually play on the field, feel free to bash his performance on the field. Until that day comes, arguing about it is useless, until he throws his first int. that is.....

Reaction Score
He found out about the second QB the same time the OC arrived and then it was announced that the commit from cinci was being recruited. It was a short phone interview you are talking about and I was as surprised as anyone when I read it and immediately asked him about it because I was actually with him on his trip and listened to the sell. Kids get rattled talking to reporters. That is why some coaches will not allow freshmen to talk to reporters, they just are not ready and the reader treats each word like gospel......like here. But think what you want, at the end of the day he is still 6'6" and 220lbs and can pin point a ball and things will work themselves out or he can just be a college kid and enjoy college. Anyone who has played D1 knows how consuming it is, it is not a cake walk.

I think you quoted the wrong post. I'm talking about the recent article posted earlier today where Richard said he knew there would be 2 QB's and wasn't afraid of competition but then woke up today and found out there would be 3.

Turns out the kid from GA is brought in as an athlete. So right now there is only 1 QB in this class.

Reaction Score
yup i am. its not about recruits. recruits dont pick schools on ties. thats just another stupid post by some one here who doesn't want to adress the issue. its culture that needs to change and it starts with the big heads. coach wears blue becuase he wants to see fans wear blue and so on down the line. its a sign of unity. when he goes to hs games and wears that stpid trench coat i sometimes want to rip it off his back and burn it. is it cold out? sure stay warm, put on 10 layers with the last being something uconn so that u spread the culture and awareness. the people u recongize u are not the people u need to worry about. its the random fans and kid who dont know who u are and can't tell by what your wearing. thats where repping the brand helps.

but u guys just keep making funy little comment sbecuase u think all of the things i mention and am mad about are worthless. then u guys are the first to post up here about fans at the rent this and that. why should a wife of a fan have to wear blue to the rent? the frucking coach didn't have any blue on at the signing day presser.

yes, im a huge troll. thats it. great job figuring me out after all this time.

JC won games, recruited his ass off with a gravel parking lot as our facility and then won championships. most his former players were uconn players that he talked about. i was pretty young back then but the players from NE he talked about were slim and little from what i understand and as soon as he could he changed his tune to uconn guys. sio is going to get drafted soon, how come he couldnt say jalen stevens has sio potential instead of his mcnabb-cole duzie of a zinger? stuff like that. its not like NE was a rival of uconn who just shafted uconn like cuse just did. considering everything going on right now, even mentioning cuse was wrong in any way and it also caused a scene as one beat writer cummed in his pants.

its our best class ever no doubt. u just like others here take everything i say and mash it together becuase u cant grasp the stuff im talking about on different levels. eerything is jsut one picture. the class is great. whats not great is how we present and pump it. thats a issue that needs to be adressed. but ppl like u are willing to overlook that aspect becuase u dont have the balls to adress it or know how to. im not sure which but both make u not capable of caring clearly. do u think todays presser would pass at pus? mich? fl? bama? texas? wvu? i dont think so for one second. if were not aiming to be like them, then why are we even here or trying to play fball??????

PP can talk straight baby gaga if he wants when he hangs up national championship banners in burton. until then he can get his act together. he doesn't need to have buggers coming out of his nose on the sideline in october and not wipe them off or have his crony gld spitting as he talks in recruits faces while looking thru old man glasses that just make his wardroble awkard to begin with.

well then being a idiot runs in that family. but then how does he actually get into the building and the ad or a pr person look at him and say wait a sec, red tier not blue? shirt color? how about a doggy pin? something? everyone around in that ad is as clueless as P and his wife i guess. maybe next week warde can wear maroon and gold to a meeting so all the uconn beat writers who are bc grads can cum there pants.

So a ton of high schools stay open past 3:45? Most schools are finished by 3:00. So a "bunch" of kids stayed in the library for 45 minutes after school to watch the press conference?

If kids were turned off by the press conference, it's because Pasqualoni acts like an incredibly boring grandparent, not because he wore a red tie.

And it's amazing that you bash people on here for thinking small time when you were pissing your pants in excitement during the spring because Karl Hobbs went to a few open gyms at Trinity Catholic to watch some guys play. The same guys who will be lucky to get D-2 offers.

Reaction Score
I think you quoted the wrong post. I'm talking about the recent article posted earlier today where Richard said he knew there would be 2 QB's and wasn't afraid of competition but then woke up today and found out there would be 3.

Turns out the kid from GA is brought in as an athlete. So right now there is only 1 QB in this class.
Regrettably, that is the same article. He was talking to 247 I guess. It was a mistake, I should have told him to stay in bed, put he was tired of laying there watching the recruiting updates and seeing guys he had competed against have their names called out so I let him alone and went away. I had assumed he could handle a simple phone interview. :) as I said, 18 years old. I prefer it most of the time when he does not talk so I don't know how I could have expected anything else given the day's events. That was just the icing on the cake.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They got a great athlete QB/safety/academic star/any position he wants to play. They got a local homegrown QB that is a good kid. They got more than they expected.

I assume you are referring to the illness? Well, deal with it because I have the bills, the medicine, the excused absence slip, and a kid still running a fever over 101 so get over yourself. You can bad mouth me all you want, I have been through the fire and back, but he has done nothing except help the program.

No I'm referring to the obvious. That they took Taylor because you son didn't send his letter.

I'd expect someone who has been through the fire and back to not frame themselves as a victim when they aren't one.

They left the ball in your court. Send the letter and Taylor is a safety. Don't send the letter and he is a QB.

Since they didn't get your son's letter they got LESS than they expected. That's actually a compliment acknowledging that your son is a very good prospect.

Seriously, drop the fever Stop. You don't like that Day prefers the local kid and you don't want to sign until you know there isn't a better alternative.

I'm not badmouthing you - just not allowing you to frame yourself as a victim of the coaching staff. Want to handle it in public? Well then deal with the fact some people understand how things really work.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
Sure. My original post said I would worry about the little things when they get the big things right. Wearing a blue tie isn't going to make ME forget the big things they get wrong.

Nor should it. I was merely suggesting its possible for the Head Coach to wear a blue tie for the signing day festivities WHILE Warde et. al. work on improving the ticket pricing plan.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
No I'm referring to the obvious. That they took Taylor because you son didn't send his letter.

I'd expect someone who has been through the fire and back to not frame themselves as a victim when they aren't one.

They left the ball in your court. Send the letter and Taylor is a safety. Don't send the letter and he is a QB.

Since they didn't get your son's letter they got LESS than they expected. That's actually a compliment acknowledging that your son is a very good prospect.

Seriously, drop the fever bull . You don't like that Day prefers the local kid and you don't want to sign until you know there isn't a better alternative.

I'm not badmouthing you - just not allowing you to frame yourself as a victim of the coaching staff. Want to handle it in public? Well then deal with the fact some people understand how things really work.

For the love of Jim Calhoun, can you just sit this one out? Seriously, what is your objective here? What do you get out of this?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Regrettably, that is the same article. He was talking to 247 I guess. It was a mistake, I should have told him to stay in bed, put he was tired of laying there watching the recruiting updates and seeing guys he had competed against have their names called out so I let him alone and went away. I had assumed he could handle a simple phone interview. :) as I said, 18 years old. I prefer it most of the time when he does not talk so I don't know how I could have expected anything else given the day's events. That was just the icing on the cake.

Oh sweet Jesus. His name didn't get called because he didn't sign the letter he was too sick to sign between all the tweeting and interview granting.

I'm sure begging for other offers at the end is a wild coincidence and you had no idea that would get published.

Reaction Score
So I left this board @ around 11 unfortunately because duty called. I have been back for the last hour catching up on what is most definitely the thread of the year.

Quick synopsis. For all the others who stepped away.

Some great early signings, some suprises in guys named Boland (the PA one not Bethesda) and a guy named Tivon Kivan Kivon Walker Taylor? Then a nice stop by from an all-knowing and obviously very caring father who has no idea what his son wants and doesn't know how to tell the rabid fanbase that wants his #bleedhuskyblue. This leads to inquisitions which leads to insults which leads apologies from some and conspiracy theories from others. Father then "takes a break to presumably take QB to the docs". Mean while HFD is MIA until he suddenly erupts into his daily "nitpicking", as they've been called rants. The AD this, the president that, Our old buffoon of a coach this.....Which he is probably right on about 75% of what he says but most people vehemently and angrily disagree because this is not the time nor the place........Its suppose to be a happy day.....A handful of pictures of random D1 coaches in ties and polos later and K. Lagow is back to rightfully defend his son. A first time poster, Steve, then daringly sticks up for the currently-loathed, until he provides us with earth shattering underground 2017 recruiting intel, HFD. More pictures, and more verbal jabs at both K. Lagow and HFD. Hijacking of thread talk, half naked girls dancing GIFs, people cursing, mass chaos and at the end we are still left wondering; will Richard Lagow, hopefully grace us with his presence next year and when he does what position will old "popcorn fart" Pasqualoni play Kivon at.

BTW my guess is we attempt to add weight and play him at strong safety ala Robert Sands, Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman..

Its been fun and maddening catching up on this "thread of the year". Nobody can tell me that we don't have some of the most passionate fans in the country....We just need to grow and multiply our rabid base now!!!!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For the love of Jim Calhoun, can you just sit this one out? Seriously, what is your objective here? What do you get out of this?

The joy of poking holes in the Stop of liars.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So a ton of high schools stay open past 3:45? Most schools are finished by 3:00. So a "bunch" of kids stayed in the library for 45 minutes after school to watch the press conference?

If kids were turned off by the press conference, it's because Pasqualoni acts like an incredibly boring grandparent, not because he wore a red tie.

And it's amazing that you bash people on here for thinking small time when you were pissing your pants in excitement during the spring because Karl Hobbs went to a few open gyms at Trinity Catholic to watch some guys play. The same guys who will be lucky to get D-2 offers.

your off your rocker. KH and KO put in a ton of work at trinity and now at fp so that they can hopefully land a certain kid and they still have another who is no longer playing in ct(transfered south) on radar for this years class. u have no clue what they were up against with this certain prospect or what the details of past relationships between parties was. if u did u wouldnt say a dam thing about it.

i know one commit had a nbunch of his hs friends and several teammates in a library watching on one of those projector things. what was the impression all those kids got? im not going to resay everything i did earlier for u...those kids thought the presser was at 330 and then when it didn't happen a bunch left 5 minutes after without knowing it was 12 minutes late becuase no one put out info saying so. keep trying to be a smart asz.

P is a tired old guy and his attitude/ways are not going to change. but when u put a suit on him and no real planned talk it gets ugly as u saw. give him some uconn swag and some certain pitches about the spring game and season tix to mix in with recruit talk and now things get easier on the eyes and ears. but people at uconn wouldn't think of this because they are not capable of doing so.

pj

Reaction Score

It is not a cake walk and therefore it's appropriate that Richard is making sure his heart is in his college choice ... also in playing college football if that is also in question.

He has our thanks for talking up UConn. I think all of the fans who followed his activity on Twitter are hoping he'll sign with UConn and rekindle that spirit. It was great to watch.

At this point there's not much for us fans to do but wait and see how this shakes out. We'd love to have your son at UConn and the school does need a QB. Coaches have to keep recruiting until 85 spots are filled and coaches who don't perform have to be replaced. That's the reality of BCS football. DeLeone didn't perform and got replaced; UConn was under-staffed at QB and needed to get 2 QBs if possible. It's too bad if the communications were mishandled, but the substance of the coaching staff's behavior was appropriate. It's too bad if some fans were rude, but fans on message boards aren't to be taken seriously.

At the end of the day Richard is a good QB so he should be OK. UConn is trying to be an elite football program and can't under-recruit a key position. Hopefully Richard comes to the view that UConn's striving to be a top-tier football power will ultimately redound to his benefit. If you want to be the best, associate with others trying to be the best.

But whatever he decides, he has my best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom