Official NLI thread | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anyone even think that maybe PP was tipped off by Nike of our new uni colors?

It would create quite the stir, get lots of coverage and maybe just shake things up all around.

I think Warde pays more attention to HFD than we realize outside of restraining orders and home security.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this guy looks like a loser but he gets it
tie pin hat...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
heres the jolly kicker. ever the rtard who added bc, cuse and pitt gets it...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Over 1000 posts... Congrats from the Guv and Presidente!

Innovation_8505.jpg

Reaction Score
This entire thread is more about etiquette - on so many different levels - then the actual kids who are signed up. Hilarious.

Reaction Score
blue suit, white shirt, red tie....am i missing something? Those are the UConn Husky colors

UConn-women-wins-89th-straight-game-breaking-the-UCLA-men%E2%80%99s-record.jpg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
come on now, dont challenge or question my girls dresser
101163_77_1.jpg

and keep your eyes off that monkey!!!!!

Oh great. Now I have to deal with my own block C... :confused:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good to know Dan's girl is the website's model.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is the pistol a gimmick too? We all hate the wildcat because it has been so dreadfully awful in its design and execution at UConn. But if you can have a QB that can threaten the edge with his legs but is a talented passer he makes that CB or DE or safety have to make a choice between defending the run or defending the pass, and that is a great arrow in your quiver.
Ummm...No.

The Pistol is a variant of the shotgun, but but QB still receieves the ball. The Wildcat is gimmicky because a non-QB player receieves the initial snap and it is meant to deceive. UConn did not run the Wildcat in the truest sense of the term. Thay had a package of plays designed for the back up QB. Most of the time, McCummings was annouced (no deception) ands they were designed runs (no choice b/t run or pass).

Plays in the Pistol package are those that are some of the olded in organized football (Veer, i.e. read option). A formation that old is the exact opposite of a gimmick.

Reaction Score
Ummm...No.

The Pistol is a variant of the shotgun, but but QB still receieves the ball. The Wildcat is gimmicky because a non-QB player receieves the initial snap and it is meant to deceive. UConn did not run the Wildcat in the truest sense of the term. Thay had a package of plays designed for the back up QB. Most of the time, McCummings was annouced (no deception) ands they were designed runs (no choice b/t run or pass).

Plays in the Pistol package are those that are some of the olded in organized football (Veer, i.e. read option). A formation that old is the exact opposite of a gimmick.

It's a designed run with mccummings because he can't throw the ball. I agree that a wildcat with a RB lined up as QB is gimmicky. But a QB who can throw lined up like that, even if he is only in there for a package of plays is a good weapon. It's. It uconn's fault the stupid PAgut announces mccummings. It's stupid that they haven't addressed it with him and told him to stop.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
burn the wildcat or i burn gdls house down(wallpaper u get it? im so funny...)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's a designed run with mccummings because he can't throw the ball. I agree that a wildcat with a RB lined up as QB is gimmicky. But a QB who can throw lined up like that, even if he is only in there for a package of plays is a good weapon. It's. It uconn's fault the stupid PAgut announces mccummings. It's stupid that they haven't addressed it with him and told him to stop.

1. IF McCummings can't throw then QB shouldn't be his primary position.

2. A QB (backup or otherwise) lined up in the typical QB position and taking the snap does not a Wildcat formation make. By definition, the Wildcat involves non-QB personnel handling the direct snap. It is gimmicky, because it relies on deception over any discernable football skill. The starting QB is often in the huddle and on the field for the Wildcat formation. Otherwise where's the deception? Blame the PA guy all you want, but as soon as #11 crossed the sideline, all 35,000 people in the stadium were reasonably sure of the next play.

ht_tp://football.about.com/od/offensivestrategy/a/Wildcat_Offense.htm
The Wildcat offense is a formation often used to capitalize on mismatches created by the shifting of skill players. In the Wildcat formation, which is basically a version of the single-wing offense, the quarterback is generally replaced in the backfield by a running back who takes a direct snap from the center.

From Wikipedia...
...the distinguishing factors of Wildcat are a direct snap to the running back and an unbalanced offensive line...

...The virtue of having a running back take the snap in the wildcat formation is that the rushing play is 11-on-11, although different variations have the running back hand off or throw the football.[citation needed] In a standard football formation, when the quarterback stands watching, the offense operates 10-on-11 basis. The motion also presents the defense with an immediate threat to the outside that it must respect no matter what the offense decides to do with the football.

From ht_tp://www.obnug.com/2011/11/21/2578202/boise-state-playbook-understanding-the-wildcat-formation

Elements of the Wildcat
When a team runs the Wildcat, there are essentially three elements involved in the formation and the play style that make it a true Wildcat play. Without these elements, you are not looking at the Wildcat. You are probably looking at the shotgun or listening to the WAC Sports Network.

Element No. 1: A skill position player taking the shotgun snap
This is the most widely known element of the Wildcat, and it's what gets people yelling "Wildcat" every time they see someone in the backfield who shouldn't be there. Having a running threat taking the direct snap creates an additional player for the defense to account for in the run game...Often you will see the quarterback split out wide as a receiver. The offense chooses to split out the QB rather than sub him for a runner or blocker because it prevents the defense from figuring out that the Wildcat is coming and substituting appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom