Official NLI thread | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
huskynation, let it rest. The kid has the right to find out what his options are and to take time to consider them; he has the right to ask the new UConn coaches to explain in more detail how he fits in their plans. We have no reason to doubt that he was sick. Nor has any of us smart guys ever denied that if he were 100% committed to UConn he would have signed the letter from his bed and had his dad fax it. You are trying to create a dispute where there is nothing at issue.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/east/

Three-star quarterback Richard Lagow (Plano, Texas/Plano) chose not to submit his letter of intent on Wednesday. Part of the reason was Lagow was sick on Wednesday, but the 6-foot-6, 220-pound quarterback, who is still committed to the Huskies, added he’s exploring other options.

“I didn’t feel 100 percent about signing, so I didn’t,” Lagow said. “I am opening things up and looking at all options. I still may sign with UConn, but I’m open to anyone else, also.”

“I’m not afraid of the competition, but they got a new [offensive coordinator], and the coach who recruited me (Clayton White), who I built a good relationship with, left for another school,” Lagow said. “I just didn’t feel right, so I held off.”

He plans on shopping around for the time being. He still has an offer from North Texas, and he had one-time interest from Clemson, Colorado State, Arkansas and Texas Tech. Lagow called North Texas “a program on the rise” and spoke highly of the coaching staff but added that he’s open to all comers.

So the truth comes out. Lagow was holding out for better offers. So all of the @holes on here that think they are so smart, ( slamming every and anybody that doubted the sick in bed story was the reason he couldn't sign his LOI) but can't see the plain truth if it were slapping them in the face. Geniuses.

Obviously this is all absurd. There are posts in this thread that claim he wasn't looking for other offers hours after a 247 story quoted him that afternoon looking for other offers. Nothing in the story you posted is new.

You are missing their position: their position is that if you are related to a player you can post whatever nonsense you see fit no matter how untrue and it can't be questioned.

Reaction Score
Not an issue, just an obsservation.

NTSU could give him the opp to be the big fish in a small pond. On the rise? Maybe, going from 2-3 win seasons to 4-5. They have 4 QB's on the roster. One Sr, 2 sophs and a RS frosh. If that's better suited for him,so be it.

Reaction Score
The only thing that's newsworthy is that we're hearing what we expected all along straight from the RL's mouth.

Kids change their minds sometimes when the guy who's been recruiting him leaves. It's not a big deal. It is interesting that the seeds of doubt started back in late Dec/Early jan if you were to believe the article.

Now the whole thing where there's confusion about UConn taking 2 qB's - well I'll chalk that up to the fact that when that article came out (yesterday) he maybe hadn't talked to the coaching staff yet. Hell, who knows maybe he still hasn't. It was pretty clear on the night of signing day that if Lagow was coming, they were moving the 2nd QB to another position. If Lagow didn't come, they would give him a shot at QB.

I say it's 50/50 he comes. If he doesn't we still have a good class and I'll wish him the best. If he does, it will make our good class that much better.

Reaction Score
You are missing their position: their position is that if you are related to a player you can post whatever nonsense you see fit no matter how untrue and it can't be questioned.

Whaler you hit it right on the button with that comment.

And that's the issue, I don't think that I heard one person on this forum that said that they didn't want R Lagow to come to uconn. We would all welcome him with open arms even now. And I haven't heard anyone say that it was not his right to not sign or field other offers. The problem is these people on here that say keep eating the B.S. and asking for more. Delicious! No matter what is said on a public forum it can't be questioned cause president Obama is posting and he's related to Prince Charles and the Queen of England.

It's similar to a guy that wants to break up with nice a girl, but he doesn't wanna say that I don't think that you're good for me. Instead, he says that she's not giving him enough attention, she flirts too much with other guys, she's sending out mixed signals.... we haven't been communicating ect. ect....

Same thing, with this situation.

Reaction Score
It was obvious from the moment his dad posted that morning. Engaging the parent in a back and forth did no one any good. That is all.

The problem I had it wasn't just 1 day but that it went on for 3 days. The first 2 days I was very respectful but finally on day 3, when it was apparent what his deal was, I had enough.

Many people only read this thread and did not see the other threads he hijacked days earlier.

Hope this never happens again and will always root for Richard as he has done a lot to promote UConn.

Reaction Score
It was crystal clear the kid wasn't signing a little over a week ago, when a certain poster was asked by another certain poster a specific question, and got an unmistakeable response, and then there was a follow up from a different poster, even more direct, and the game was on.

You can go back, and find the exact posts/discussion if you'd like, where it was clear that he wasn't signing. (it's not in this thread, and it wasn't posts by me, and it was about a week prior to wednesday)

I still don't believe the identies BTW.

I made a very, very clear post soon after, describing how recruiting - the games can played harder on the prospect side, than on the recruiter side. Hoping fans would get it.

In other fan bases, this poster would have been squashed - quickly. The message had been sent. I told him flat out to stop posting, many times. When that wasn't happening, I did my best to entertain the poster, and keep the discussion anywhere but what he wanted to talk about, and push buttons in this fan base, but it was kept on anyway. (in other threads than this)

And you know what - this kind of thing happens ALL THE TIME in february around college football.

It did get quite annoying though, watching so many people kiss ass.

There are many things that frucking HFD is quite insane about, and good lord, whaler and I could never be friends, but the reaction of a majority of the fans on this board to what happened, and even the people in charge, shows that in some ways, what HFD is always yapping about......we are indeed, still a 1-A program with fans that have a lot to learn. I loved the red tie/ blue tie and elephants humping moves BTW. We tried everything we could to change directions on this thing, but fans kept getting picked out of the water hook line and sinker.

I was even cyber-bullied by Fishy about the discussion. I wonder if I will be shut down now, for responding to this thread. Find out next week I guess.

I can't wait to hit the slopes this weekend.

enjoy your weekends everybody, and hopefully all have learned a lesson from this.

This is a fantastic recruiting class we've put together this year. My personal pick for impact player is the RB out of Virginia.

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/east/

Three-star quarterback Richard Lagow (Plano, Texas/Plano) chose not to submit his letter of intent on Wednesday. Part of the reason was Lagow was sick on Wednesday, but the 6-foot-6, 220-pound quarterback, who is still committed to the Huskies, added he’s exploring other options.

“I didn’t feel 100 percent about signing, so I didn’t,” Lagow said. “I am opening things up and looking at all options. I still may sign with UConn, but I’m open to anyone else, also.”

“I’m not afraid of the competition, but they got a new [offensive coordinator], and the coach who recruited me (Clayton White), who I built a good relationship with, left for another school,” Lagow said. “I just didn’t feel right, so I held off.”

He plans on shopping around for the time being. He still has an offer from North Texas, and he had one-time interest from Clemson, Colorado State, Arkansas and Texas Tech. Lagow called North Texas “a program on the rise” and spoke highly of the coaching staff but added that he’s open to all comers.

If a statement like this would have come from the Lagow camp on Wednesday morning this thread would be about 30 pages shorter. We all understand and appreciate the honesty of the above statement.

Cudos to the staff in dealing with this situation. Rather than crossing their fingers and hoping for Lagow's eventual commit, the acted appropriately and found a solution that would both keep Lagow potentially in the fold and also prepare for a situation where Lagow goes elsewhere.

Reaction Score
If a statement like this would have come from the Lagow camp on Wednesday morning this thread would be about 30 pages shorter. We all understand and appreciate the honesty of the above statement.

Cudos to the staff in dealing with this situation. Rather than crossing their fingers and hoping for Lagow's eventual commit, the acted appropriately and found a solution that would both keep Lagow potentially in the fold and also prepare for a situation where Lagow goes elsewhere.

I believe I've made this point, crystal clear, in the middle of this discussion somewhere. Sportsart, is very very much right, in things he's written,that this poster chose to come on here, and in very poor fashion, soiled the signing day for the fans for the class of 2013.

I trully hope, that our fan base has learned from this, and that this NEVER ever happens again.

Reaction Score
FWIW - I still want to see the kid's damn footwork, in Husky Blue and White.

Peace everybody, I'm heading out in the snow northbound.

pj

Reaction Score
One man's ass kissing is another person's acknowledgement of reality: he's a terrific QB prospect who has a right to consider his college choice.

And UConn is a top-level football program that needs to have sufficient QB depth on its roster, just as it needs depth at every other position. With Nebrich transferring and McCummings failing to develop, this had to be a 2 QB class. UConn was right to offer Boyle and, given the news from the Lagow camp that they were having doubts and entertaining other offers, right to offer Taylor.

It is what it is. We shall see whether he comes here. I hope he does.

Reaction Score
The ass kissing annoyed me a hell of a lot more than whaler or anyone else did.
Did the ass kissing bother you more than when a poster flat out told RL's dad that RL was afraid of competition?

Whether or not you agree or disagree with what KL was posting, lines were crossed by at least one poster here if not more. There are ignore buttons on here for a reason.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The shame of this thread is that 24 young men (25 when Jamar Summers gets through the clearinghouse) who have said "yes" to the University of Connecticut were for the most part overlooked. And they continue to be overlooked.

Was UConn right to add Boyle? YES
Was UConn right to add Taylor? YES
Was/Is Lagow within his rights to take extra time to think about the next four years of his life? YES
Do I believe that bantering back and forth with a recruit's father helped anyone accomplish anything? ABSOLUTELY NOT

I will end this post the way I began my first post in this thread. I want to thank the young men who decided to make the University of Connecticut their university of choice to play football and achieve their education. I welcome you to the UConn Family!!!

Reaction Score
The ass kissing annoyed me a hell of a lot more than whaler or anyone else did.
I wouldn't call it ass kissing as much as just being diplomatic an trying to have a positive interaction with a prospective qb parents

Reaction Score
Many of us realized that it looked like Lagow was reconsidering his options, which, as a young man, he has every right to do. Many of us realized it was quite probably inappropriate for his father to be posting here.

But most of us had the good sense in our head to shut our mouths and stay out of it.

Whaler, Carl, Jimmy, HuskyNation, and sportsart can't count themselves among those people. And their little "told ya so" dance here isn't impressing anybody but them.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
1) There are usually recruitings twists and turns

2) Family members of recruits shouldn't be posting on message boards.

3) Flaming those family members usually won't help.

4) If the recruit will be a plus for the program why jeopardize it to score a few internet points.

Reaction Score
Kill me.jpg

Reaction Score
Did the ass kissing bother you more than when a poster flat out told RL's dad that RL was afraid of competition?

Whether or not you agree or disagree with what KL was posting, lines were crossed by at least one poster here if not more. There are ignore buttons on here for a reason.

Honestly, yes it did. Look, personally, I would not have gone as far as whaler went. And he is a self admitted balloon knot. But he wasn't wrong.

The ass kissing? Good Lord have some self respect.

Reaction Score
Many of us realized that it looked like Lagow was reconsidering his options, which, as a young man, he has every right to do. Many of us realized it was quite probably inappropriate for his father to be posting here.

But most of us had the good sense in our head to shut our mouths and stay out of it.

Whaler, Carl, Jimmy, HuskyNation, and sportsart can't count themselves among those people. And their little "told ya so" dance here isn't impressing anybody but them.

Quote my post where I was disrespectful to Lagow's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom