Official NLI thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What was Dez doing before he started reporting on college football? Honestly, a great many schools take 2 QBs per class, and in fact, some have taken 3 top recruits per class. This is not bad management. It's typical. And it's not even a bad commentary on Boyle or Lagow or anyone if they sit here for many years. Cochran can win the job and keep it himself for 2 or 3, and Boyle may still get to play 2 entire years if that happens.

S

storrsbred1

I had to laugh when PP said he matched to offense to the kids on hand last year. Maybe he did, but he forgot to tell GDL, who spent most of the season trying for that round peg/square hole exacta.

Reaction Score
Dan quit cking whining... just make a thread somewhere, call it the HuskyfanDan UConn Improvement Thread and put all that crap there. We get it, UConn is inept as far as subtlety is concerned, but , its a little much when its in every post

Reaction Score
dez: whats good paul?
paul: dez, i coached mcnabb. he redshirted. i turned him into a player. i'm not sure if cole will redshirt or not.
dez: what about the qb position? i didn't get to take boyle out to dinner like i took stewart out 2 years ago, how did that play a role in another qb not being a aprt of today events?
paul: well we over the summer knew 2 qbs was what we needed, we didn't need to reinvent the wheel. when we got kevon today, hes tall. last week when he visited, he was tall. we like tall. protptypical. when i had mcnabb he was close to tall. redshirted. i turned him into a player.
dez: how has the new coaches helped recruiting the closing of this class?
paul: kermit ha been great. he talked with a already solid commit from our state and then got going on 2014.

families are of the players and hes got a rutgers tie on talking about cuse players. friends of the players are, those are future fans of uconn becuase there best friends plays for them now. no one here gets it. it amazes me. it must be something in the dam water up in storrs or something. no one knows how to be big time. everything matters. everything. first impressions and brand power are important. we the bed daily.

Tiresome - and I'm not talking about P.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan quit cking whining... just make a thread somewhere, call it the HuskyfanDan UConn Improvement Thread and put all that crap there. We get it, UConn is inept as far as subtlety is concerned, but , its a little much when its in every post

i get that u would rather still cry about not getting lagow. ok, swich back to a player that wont be here vs trying to point out uconn issues that we pray some 1 in the ad is reading and then bringing up in monday morning meetings.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Tiresome - and I'm not talking about P.

status quo is good enough for me at uconn! the new big east is where i wana be! i like wearing red and talking about 90s cuse players! my favorite beat writer is a cuse grad! yup, this suasan and warde is your diehards who wont jump off no matter how shittty a job your doing. congrats uconn!!!!!

Reaction Score
i get that u would rather still cry about not getting lagow. ok, swich back to a player that wont be here vs trying to point out uconn issues that we pray some 1 in the ad is reading and then bringing up in monday morning meetings.

I understand you think the LOI thread is an excellent place for complaining about Pasqualoni's clothing and the banners behind him, as well as the local beat reporters, but, it isn't.

Reaction Score
What was Dez doing before he started reporting on college football? Honestly, a great many schools take 2 QBs per class, and in fact, some have taken 3 top recruits per class. This is not bad management. It's typical. And it's not even a bad commentary on Boyle or Lagow or anyone if they sit here for many years. Cochran can win the job and keep it himself for 2 or 3, and Boyle may still get to play 2 entire years if that happens.

2 QBs is pretty standard.

There are QBs that you recruit and if you get them to commit, you step. Lagow is probably talented, but from what we know right now, he isn't that caliber. Doesn't mean he won't be great someday...

Peyton Manning wasn't even the only QB Tennessee signed that year. He even split snaps with another true freshman his freshman year during the season. Forgot the other guy's name, he ended up transferring to Texas A&M.

Reaction Score
He just went over each recruit briefly what type of player he looks for and where he fits in. Also mentioned coaches are fitting in well and Kermit is a good recruiter. Thought that would make you happy. Sheesh

Reaction Score
dez: whats good paul?
paul: dez, i coached mcnabb. he redshirted. i turned him into a player. i'm not sure if cole will redshirt or not.
dez: what about the qb position? i didn't get to take boyle out to dinner like i took stewart out 2 years ago, how did that play a role in another qb not being a aprt of today events?
paul: well we over the summer knew 2 qbs was what we needed, we didn't need to reinvent the wheel. when we got kevon today, hes tall. last week when he visited, he was tall. we like tall. protptypical. when i had mcnabb he was close to tall. redshirted. i turned him into a player.
dez: how has the new coaches helped recruiting the closing of this class?
paul: kermit ha been great. he talked with a already solid commit from our state and then got going on 2014.

But is Kermit tall or close to tall?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
status quo is good enough for me at uconn! the new big east is where i wana be! i like wearing red and talking about 90s cuse players! my favorite beat writer is a cuse grad! yup, this suasan and warde is your diehards who wont jump off no matter how tty a job your doing. congrats uconn!!!!!
If I jump off the bandwagon, it'll be because of another 5-7 season, not what color tie the coach wears or whether he mentions Donovan McNabb in a press conference.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I understand you think the LOI thread is an excellent place for complaining about Pasqualoni's clothing and the banners behind him, as well as the local beat reporters, but, it isn't.

ok i get it. this thread was strictly for updates from uconn all morning about kids signing. and then this thread was about the sign day conf. yup thats all this thread was about and should be about.

oops, when i was talking aboutt he sign day conf and whats wa sin it, i clearly didn't comprehend what this thread was about. how about a american flag and husky dog pin on the jacket or something? just anything. can we not afford those with our current tv contract maybe? if so i'll donate the 8 cents for it.

meanwhile half of this thread was several poster here vs lagows dad for 10 pages. yea, real on topic.

Reaction Score
First of all I think we got a great class. Congrats to every one of them and their families.

Secondly, I'm glad we have 2 QB's. Maybe Kivon Taylor turns into a Teddy Bridgewater type who knows.

Third I really like Tim Boyle. Only saw him once Junior season state playoff but knew then we'd be very happy to have him. Has all the athletic tools and room to grow. Will he need some polishing and development? Sure he will, but I see him as Orlovsky + with an equal arm and added athletic talent.

Finally, it became apparent to me days ago that Mr. Lagow, while claiming to have turned over the entire decisionmaking process to his son, suddenly got deeply involved. He did a great job pumping his son to a large group of us who had never seen him play. When Boyle flipped he also wasted no time denigrating the talent level in Connecticut to the point of lecturing us. I played against Steve Young in HS and while we're a small state there has been talent. A starting QB and RB's this past season for USC were from here if you want to check.

Once he started mentioning communications fron at least 6 schools it seemed obvious it was over. Our coaches got the message Richard, or at least his dad was not fully committed and they saw something in Taylor that made it too big a risk to wait. I don't blame Mr. Lagow for wanting the best for his son, or even not wanting to make CT his next destination. We're not close to home. The laying of blame and stretching this thing out has consequences though. I hope things work out for Richard but I don't think it was handled well by KL even though he seems like a good guy. He rolled the dice for his son and I hope it works out for them, but on our end it was a business decision that had to be made. You didn't have to be a magician to read between the lines when the drama started.

Reaction Score
2 QBs is pretty standard.

There are QBs that you recruit and if you get them to commit, you step. Lagow is probably talented, but from what we know right now, he isn't that caliber. Doesn't mean he won't be great someday...

Peyton Manning wasn't even the only QB Tennessee signed that year. He even split snaps with another true freshman his freshman year during the season. Forgot the other guy's name, he ended up transferring to Texas A&M.
Actually Manning didn't start until the other kid got hurt. midway through the season.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If I jump off the bandwagon, it'll be because of another 5-7 season, not what color tie the coach wears or whether he mentions Donovan McNabb in a press conference.

good for u, i jumped off at 2 seasons of 5-7 and a million small reasons. for u its 3 5-7 seasons and ignoring all the small things. were not far off, just 1 year. thats not that long considering other schools have been doing this for 100 years and have it down pat.

Reaction Score
Some people are certainly way too wrapped up in a holier than thou perspective on life. I get it that you want a great UConn class, of course, but have not only courtesy and respect but also an open-mind to consider the position of prospective students who should obviously choose the best situation for them.

After 3 days of discussion, and no less than 3 threads hijacked, to talk about why his son may or may not come here it was time to say enough.

People were respectful for the most part but he needed to be nudged on. There's a reason this has never happened here before.

It's because it's not supposed to.

The kid from GA never signs if RL does.

Reaction Score
ok i get it. this thread was strictly for updates from uconn all morning about kids signing. and then this thread was about the sign day conf. yup thats all this thread was about and should be about.

oops, when i was talking aboutt he sign day conf and whats wa sin it, i clearly didn't comprehend what this thread was about. how about a american flag and husky dog pin on the jacket or something? just anything. can we not afford those with our current tv contract maybe? if so i'll donate the 8 cents for it.

meanwhile half of this thread was several poster here vs lagows dad for 10 pages. yea, real on topic.

You might noticed I didn't approve of those interactions either.

Of course you can discuss the press conference. But most people here know you're nitpicking. We care about the program, too, you know. We just don't care what color P's tie is. We're happy about the incoming recruiting class and you tting all over a bunch of reporters and what the banner looks like isn't contributing anything in a positive way.

You could easily have written a press conference review and brought all of these things up afterwards as well. Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Dude I could really give a crap less about Lagow. In fact to be quite honest, I've never really been a "players fan" as much as I am a fan of the team. I'm just saying practically everyone of your posts, no matter what sport/thread is about the idiocy of the athletic department. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree... you just take it to the god damn extreme and it comes off as nagging. Be honest, does P's tie really do anything wrong for you, not the hypothetical impressionable/mythical recruits who are obviously going to tear up their LOI's because of it, but you?

Maybe its me, but this board would be about 1000 times better if people didn't care about the stupid other people did/said.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
"mcnabb redshirted so i think cole will also. hes 6'2 or last week more like 6'4. tall, well close tall."

are u all that freaking looney that u think thats a good 5 seconds of speach in a uconn press conf about kids signing?!?!??!?!?!

Reaction Score
"mcnabb redshirted so i think cole will also. hes 6'2 or last week more like 6'4. tall, well close tall."

are u all that freaking looney that u think thats a good 5 seconds of speach in a uconn press conf about kids signing?!?!??!?!?!

Haha no, that was a pretty dumb thing to say, but given his history at UConn so far, I am not surprised he said it.

Reaction Score

Would rather have the great clad that we do vs a blue tie and banner. As for his demeanor n syntax the kids love it so its cool. U do have valid points though

Reaction Score

PP is about as coherent as one of your posts b!thcing about the lack of talent in the UConn AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom