Official 2023 bracket thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Official 2023 bracket thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm looking over the top 4 lines and wondering who on each line is upset first.

4 line: It's tempting to pick on Villanova, but I'm going with Tennessee losing to Iowa St in the second round
3 line: This one's easy. ND goes down to Creighton in the second round
2 line: Utah will lose to LSU in the third, but I think Iowa will lose to either of Ga or FSU in the second round
1 line: This will be a disappointment, but I'm calling for Scar to lose to UCLA in the third round. It will be a massive upset and will suck a lot of the air out of the tournament. You heard it here first.
In the line 3 match-up, ND is very tough if their point guard plays. Creighton doesn't have an answer for her.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In the line 3 match-up, ND is very tough if their point guard plays. Creighton doesn't have an answ
While I agree, I think ND has been playing 3 card Monty with Olivia Miles injury status in order to get the highest seed possible. Having seen her injury, I would be shocked if Miles plays in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Geno: "I think if we weren't called UConn we may be a number one (seed). Or if they used the men's criteria, when you think about the wins that we've had in quadrant one, two, all that. Who has a better record than us against those teams?"
Seems like overall strength of schedule is positive only if its at the end of year or not UConn. UConn was best in country for first half of year (and statistically for the entire year), had two unranked losses, then did well, finishing the year beating a Top 10 Villanova team. Appeared our Top 25 wins were taken for granted; our unranked losses given higher focus. In any case, I like our draw. Not an easy schedule but very doable.

Reaction Score
I think UConn, Stanford and SC are the best three today. As a SC fan, I think you got the perfect bracket. Really don’t see a loss for you until the championship game if that. SC has MD, ND, and UCLA in its side of the bracket….tough outs. Then if we hold serve, we play Stanford in the semis which I think we match up with the worst. I would prefer UConn’s bracket but in Greenville.

I saw many on here hoping for the bracket you got. Should be a fun ride.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Anything can happen but 3/6 OSU/NC, 1/4 Va Tech/TN, is a really good draw. I can't imagine we won't be favorites to win the bracket. I can't wait to hear the predictions. What will Charlie say?
Charlie picked us to make the Final Four. LOL

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I am glad to not be in the Stanford region. Lots of teams there that are best to avoid - Florida State, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, Louisville, even Ole Miss. I would be surprised if both Stanford and Iowa make it to the Elite Eight.

Hard to believe what an insipid mess ESPN made out of what could have been a very interesting show. How about we cut it from five people to three and leave out all the teams who are all doing the same thing?

I don`t get ND as a three seed but they are in with SC, so they won`t get to Dallas even if Miles makes a miraculous recovery.

Some interesting second round matchups. I like Michigan over LSU and Creighton over ND.

Very happy with UConn`s draw.
Huskee, your post is saying the same thing I've been saying.......this tournament IS NOT going to go "chalk." There will be some upsets!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The times for Thursday's and Fridays games in the men's tournament are already set but ESPN, which has had the bracket ahead of anyone else, can't quite pull it together to tell us what times the games will be played on Friday and Saturday.

I'm old enough to remember when they would tell us game times on the selection show.
Back then only a few games, very few, were on TV. Women’s hoops is getting more coverage now so TV needs time to rejigger their schedules and schedule crews to get to sites

The men don’t play the first two rounds on at 8 different sites that aren’t revealed until the brackets are announced

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would have said Iowa...but Villanova works too.
I believe Triad’s post inferred that Iowa was the best team UConn beat this year and Duke was the 2nd best. My argument is simply that Villanova, a team that UConn beat 3 times, is better than Duke.

Reaction Score
Another ssmh (smiling while shaking my head) moment from those who profess caring while offering the musings of their foodie intern on UConn's seeding comes courtesy Yahoo Sports.

The Huskies have a first-round date with Vermont, with both New England schools traveling across the country to play in Seattle.

Reaction Score
Another ssmh (smiling while shaking my head) moment from those who profess caring while offering the musings of their foodie intern on UConn's seeding comes courtesy Yahoo Sports.

The Huskies have a first-round date with Vermont, with both New England schools traveling across the country to play in Seattle.

Ummm...........pretty sure the first 2 rounds are at Uconn

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Back then only a few games, very few, were on TV. Women’s hoops is getting more coverage now so TV needs time to rejigger their schedules and schedule crews to get to sites

The men don’t play the first two rounds on at 8 different sites that aren’t revealed until the brackets are announced
Back then? ESPN has been doing whip-around coverage of the 1st and 2nd round games for years and always announced the times on the selection show. Apparently, the times will be announced this morning. Maybe the delay is due to all the ESPN layoffs.

Reaction Score
This could be the first time more than two number 1 lose before the FF. SC has a pretty easy road which is expected, but after that I would say UCONN has the 2nd easiest road. I really don't think VaTech will make it far enough to even play UCONN and I think Indiana will have their hands full with Utah if they play. Iowa will give Stanford a tough time but Iowa is going to have their hands full with Duke in the first weekend.

At least we got a couple good teams playing down here in Baton Rouge. As much as I like Michigan I think LSU will breeze through the first weekend and most likely not lose until the final 8.
You lost me when you said "Iowa will have their hands full with Duke" You mean the Duke team that has trouble scoring more than 50 pts a game ?

Reaction Score
Duke is low scoring vs teams that play some Defense. Iowa hasn't played defense since Stringer was the coach.
You haven't been watching, Triad. That the Hawkeyes permit more points doesn't mean they don't play defense... it just goes with having a fast-paced offense. The Blue Devils will need to score more than 46 points to win that game...;)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's he1l getting old. I looked at our bracket just before going to bed. I liked how it looked but then starting freaking out, wondering how we were going to do in Storrs in our 2nd game. Facing Kim and her star player, Angel Reese almost had me hyperventilating. :eek: Then suddenly, I realized the actual game situation...and all was well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You haven't been watching, Triad. That the Hawkeyes permit more points doesn't mean they don't play defense... it just goes with having a fast-paced offense. The Blue Devils will need to score more than 46 points to win that game...;)

I can assure you that Duke would put up at least 47 points on Iowa. :mad:

If Duke and Iowa meet, aint no way that Iowa is reaching their ppg average. I'm pretty sure no team has done that this season vs Duke. Other than i guess Indiana.. Who else in the Big 10 plays intense woman to woman defense?

Reaction Score
In the line 3 match-up, ND is very tough if their point guard plays. Creighton doesn't have an answ
While I agree, I think ND has been playing 3 card Monty with Olivia Miles injury status in order to get the highest seed possible. Having seen her injury, I would be shocked if Miles plays in the tournament.
I agree. I have seen a lot of similar injuries and when you stop and your knee doesn't the ACL is usually damaged. Since she is destined to be in the WNBA I doubt she would play with any type of knee damage just to make it to the next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom