NY Post article on Hurley’s T and confrontation with Pitino friend. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NY Post article on Hurley’s T and confrontation with Pitino friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope the money was worth killing their hoops programs. Idiots.
This is why I've been telling people be careful what you wish for with the Big 12. There's even fans praying we get into the ACC after their good programs leave for the Big 10 and SEC.

Some people don't seem satisfied with us just being the best basketball school in the country or they think we're going to be kicked to the curb.

Playing in front of sparse crowds on Sunday in the middle of nowhere blows, we already did that and it was the worst.

Owning NYC is special.

Reaction Score
That was pretty funny I do wonder if Hurley talked to Pitinos friend afterwards.

Reaction Score
Listen, Hurley is a great coach but that T he got cost us 2 foul shots for Pitino T and the ball. It changed momentum. We got a gift with the Pitino T and it was taken away when Hurley picked up his T.
Danny's T was a bad call and didn't change momentum. Both teams scored 90. Momentum was swirling the entire game on just through the run of play. Take away that tech and AK's foul to end the game and it's a double digit win.

Reaction Score
Listen, Hurley is a great coach but that T he got cost us 2 foul shots for Pitino T and the ball. It changed momentum. We got a gift with the Pitino T and it was taken away when Hurley picked up his T.
I don’t understand if play was stopped why going on the court is a technical. It happens all the time. Refs just wanted to even it up

Reaction Score
I don’t understand if play was stopped why going on the court is a technical. It happens all the time. Refs just wanted to even it up
Yeah. I think this is it. I thought both T's were full of s#it. They realized they made a mistake with the first one and evened it out with the second one.

Reaction Score
This is why I've been telling people be careful what you wish for with the Big 12. There's even fans praying we get into the ACC after their good programs leave for the Big 10 and SEC.

Some people don't seem satisfied with us just being the best basketball school in the country or they think we're going to be kicked to the curb.

Playing in front of sparse crowds on Sunday in the middle of nowhere blows, we already did that and it was the worst.

Owning NYC is special.

We would be fine wherever we go as long as we have Hurley. It's all about the coaches. MSG resident St John's has been a doormat for 20 years until they finally hired a great coach, which proves there is no such thing as Big East magic, just good coaches and bad coaches. People make fun of the demise of Pitt, Syracuse and BC and blame the ACC, but have Providence, GTown and ST John's been any better?

Reaction Score
We would be fine wherever we go as long as we have Hurley. It's all about the coaches. MSG resident St John's has been a doormat for 20 years until they finally hired a great coach, which proves there is no such thing as Big East magic, just good coaches and bad coaches. People make fun of the demise of Pitt, Syracuse and BC and blame the ACC, but have Providence, GTown and ST John's been any better?

If you don't understand the power of the Big East Conference and what it means to have your own sphere of influence in College Basketball I don't know what to say.

the ACC will always be under the sphere of influence of UNC/Duke

The Big East as it stands today will always be under the sphere of influence of Connecticut/Villanova

The B12 is Kansas all around no matter who else joins the party on a given year.

Why join someone else's sphere of influence when you have yours secured and when the ceiling in this league is clearly "National Championships"?

Ah, yes, I bet the answer is about football $$$

Reaction Score
If you don't understand the power of the Big East Conference and what it means to have your own sphere of influence in College Basketball I don't know what to say.

The Big East as it stands today will always be under the sphere of influence of Connecticut/Villanova

The B12 is Kansas all around no matter who else joins the party on a given year.

Why join someone else's sphere of influence when you have yours secured and when the ceiling in this league is clearly "National Championships"?

The refs continued to prove yesterday UConn has no "sphere of influence" in the Big East. They did everything they could do to help St Johns, and $$$ helps keep the great coaches who are going to demand $$$, so of course you chase the money.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did he deserve that T? What did he do specifically to deserve it? I’m not suggesting he did or didn’t, I’m genuinely curious.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Did he deserve that T? What did he do specifically to deserve it? I’m not suggesting he did or didn’t, I’m genuinely curious.
Pitino got too intense with the refs and according to the very first post of this thread his buddy ratfinked on Danny being out of the box to get us our T. I, like slepers, don't know how that's possible during a stoppage of play.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I love Dan Hurley But he needs to stop engaging with opposing fans. It’s a bad look.
" I was using all my energy not to yell at the refs and then this idiot shows up."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I kind of feel like having to cancel sports because we don't have enough money, or being unable to keep quality coaches, because teams getting $80 million a year in media money are eventually going to be able to outspend us, would be the worst.

If we get a chance to move to a conference that Tons of millions of dollars more in media distributions, we take it. Anything else is just whistling in the dark.

Reaction Score
His T was bogus. What was the offense?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Pitino got too intense with the refs and according to the very first post of this thread his buddy ratfinked on Danny being out of the box to get us our T. I, like slepers, don't know how that's possible during a stoppage of play.
So they will T up Shaka tonight if he’s out of the box then, right?

Reaction Score
I kind of feel like having to cancel sports because we don't have enough money, or being unable to keep quality coaches, because teams getting $80 million a year in media money are eventually going to be able to outspend us, would be the worst.

If we get a chance to move to a conference that Tons of millions of dollars more in media distributions, we take it. Anything else is just whistling in the dark.
A lot of schools are going to get rid of football when it's just two conferences playing it at the highest level which is sooner than many think. And non-revenue sports will be on the chopping block all over the country.

Reaction Score
If im not being a homer about it, He needs to not engage with fans. The more he interacts in games the more he will get taunted. He’s like a wrestling heel that the away fans can get a reaction out of, so it’ll continue. Leaping Lanny Hurley. Or Danny the Brain Heenan

As he told Spencer after his Marqutte taunting T, “ you need to stay connected to us”. It shouldn’t become the story over his coaching excellence.

Reaction Score

The ceiling for since the NEW Big East 2 teams have won National Championships. Zero others have been to the Final Four. Without us Villanova was the Big East. Their coach left and now they are ordinary. Luckily for the league, we came. If we leave again, it’s the Big Nothing.

Reaction Score
The ceiling for since the NEW Big East 2 teams have won National Championships. Zero others have been to the Final Four. Without us Villanova was the Big East. Their coach left and now they are ordinary. Luckily for the league, we came. If we leave again, it’s the Big Nothing.

LOL. We dont need the other programs in the Big East to catch up and win national championships. Thats an idiotic ask. Why would you want that kind of crazy competition? We only need one (UCONN) or two teams max that play to win National Championships (VILLANOVA).

The rest of the Big East we just need them to play good enough to keep the league in the TOP 5 conference NET every year. We need to control this league and own it like we do now. Everyone else just needs to compete at a high level, but not high enough to become a threat. Thats what I mean by sphere of influence!!! Every top dog needs to control its market. UCONN is the top dog and has 10 other participants. The same way UNC/DUKE have 13 other participants.

As of today there are four leagues in the nation that can comfortably say that their ceiling is a national championship - the Big East, ACC, SEC and B12. I wont include the B1G for obvious reasons...

Now what I find pretentious of UCONN fans is the idea that if the go to the B12 or ACC they will right away unseat UNC/DUKE/KANSAS in the conferencr hierarchy. That is hilarious to me. Conferences have a pecking order and teams with strong gravitational forces. Look at where thoses conference tournaments are hosted - it says a lot about who is the boss (Greensboro/Kansas City)

We are the bosses here. Why mess around with that? It makes no basketball sense.

Its only because you guys have football wet dreams that you are trying to make sense of this. Stop your football wet dreams. The northeast lost the College Football fight since the fall of the Ivy League. We tried it again with the Big East football and we failed again. Dont let College Basketball go down the same route of failure due your senseless ambitions of saving college football in a region where college football IS DEAD!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak