NY Post article on Hurley’s T and confrontation with Pitino friend. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NY Post article on Hurley’s T and confrontation with Pitino friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"I kept him in," Hurley said. "They were going to eject him from the game. I went over there to tell the ushers I wanted him to stay, not because I thought he was a good guy. I thought it might be bad luck. (Laughs). Karma."
DH response when asked if he wanted the fan thrown out.

Reaction Score
I still have no idea why Hurley got a T other than that the refs were looking for any excuse.

Thank God we only have one more game with these clowns.
If you read Danny's lips right after the call, he said " I wasn't out of the box". So it looks like Rick got a T for arguing, and Dan got one for being out of the box.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A lot of schools are going to get rid of football when it's just two conferences playing it at the highest level which is sooner than many think. And non-revenue sports will be on the chopping block all over the country.
The first place who eliminate them isn't going to be the P2. I don't like what's happening to college sports, but there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid it. Eventually, there will be a few major conferences and everything else will be like the Ivy League sports programs, marginally interesting, but not really nationally relevant. I hope for better for Connecticut sports.

Reaction Score
The ceiling for since the NEW Big East 2 teams have won National Championships. Zero others have been to the Final Four. Without us Villanova was the Big East. Their coach left and now they are ordinary. Luckily for the league, we came. If we leave again, it’s the Big Nothing.
Cool story, and the Big 10 and Pac 10 never win anything in basketball. Pac no longer even exists.

Reaction Score
The first place who eliminate them isn't going to be the P2. I don't like what's happening to college sports, but there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid it. Eventually, there will be a few major conferences and everything else will be like the Ivy League sports programs, marginally interesting, but not really nationally relevant. I hope for better for Connecticut sports.
I think it will be just the power 2 for football think NFC AFC and they will break off for football. There's just way too many good basketball teams for them to destroy it and TV won't let them unless they want to have those conferences be around 70+ schools. The tournament will eventually get even bigger which is a mistake but the thought they are going to shrink it is a non-starter.

Reaction Score
LOL. We dont need the other programs in the Big East to catch up and win national championships. Thats an idiotic ask. Why would you want that kind of crazy competition? We only need one (UCONN) or two teams max that play to win National Championships (VILLANOVA).

The rest of the Big East we just need them to play good enough to keep the league in the TOP 5 conference NET every year. We need to control this league and own it like we do now. Everyone else just needs to compete at a high level, but not high enough to become a threat. Thats what I mean by sphere of influence!!! Every top dog needs to control its market. UCONN is the top dog and has 10 other participants. The same way UNC/DUKE have 13 other participants.

As of today there are four leagues in the nation that can comfortably say that their ceiling is a national championship - the Big East, ACC, SEC and B12. I wont include the B1G for obvious reasons...
What's the Big 10's NET this year? RPI?

Reaction Score
LOL. We dont need the other programs in the Big East to catch up and win national championships. Thats an idiotic ask. Why would you want that kind of crazy competition? We only need one (UCONN) or two teams max that play to win National Championships (VILLANOVA).

The rest of the Big East we just need them to play good enough to keep the league in the TOP 5 conference NET every year. We need to control this league and own it like we do now. Everyone else just needs to compete at a high level, but not high enough to become a threat. Thats what I mean by sphere of influence!!! Every top dog needs to control its market. UCONN is the top dog and has 10 other participants. The same way UNC/DUKE have 13 other participants.

As of today there are four leagues in the nation that can comfortably say that their ceiling is a national championship - the Big East, ACC, SEC and B12. I wont include the B1G for obvious reasons...

Now what I find pretentious of UCONN fans is the idea that if the go to the B12 or ACC they will right away unseat UNC/DUKE/KANSAS in the conferencr hierarchy. That is hilarious to me. Conferences have a pecking order and teams with strong gravitational forces. Look at where thoses conference tournaments are hosted - it says a lot about who is the boss (Greensboro/Kansas City)

We are the bosses here. Why mess around with that? It makes no basketball sense.

Its only because you guys have football wet dreams that you are trying to make sense of this. Stop your football wet dreams. The northeast lost the College Football fight since the fall of the Ivy League. We tried it again with the Big East football and we failed again. Dont let College Basketball go down the same route of failure due your senseless ambitions of saving college football in a region where college football IS DEAD!!!
You clearly are too young to have seen the REAL Big East in its heyday. Multiple Final Four teams in the same year, Multiple teams winning national championships. It was the best college basketball conference and by a lot. Syracuse and UConn won back to back. Nobody worried about being one of the top 5. Every game was great. Terrific coaches. Hall of Fame coaches all over the place. Sorry fanboys, but this league is a middle school one in comparison.

Reaction Score
You clearly are too young to have seen the REAL Big East in its heyday. Multiple Final Four teams in the same year, Multiple teams winning national championships. It was the best college basketball conference and by a lot. Syracuse and UConn won back to back. Nobody worried about being one of the top 5. Every game was great. Terrific coaches. Hall of Fame coaches all over the place. Sorry fanboys, but this league is a middle school one in comparison.

Ahhhh. The classic "you are too young understand comment"

I'm done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member