Now if L´ville can just drop the Tree | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Now if L´ville can just drop the Tree

Reaction Score
I would lie to see a UConn-Arizona-Texas-Louisville FF. Would be good for basketball to have other teams compete for the title.
Reminds me of 2016... 3 other teams uncommonly in the final four

Reaction Score
I would lie to see a UConn-Arizona-Texas-Louisville FF. Would be good for basketball to have other teams compete for the title.
If you had a vote on ‘other teams’ UCONN wouldn’t be in the mix,

Reaction Score
That was an illegal defense all game long. They surrounded Britney and impeded her ability to move. That should have been stopped in the first few minutes. If Louisville continued to employ that defense, then a foul should have been called every time.
I disagree: they surrounded Britney and dared the rest of the team to beat them. They didn't, end of that story (plus outrageous 3 point shooting).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You know what. Texas A&M got away with alot. Baylor got away with alot and will Texas? The games are in Texas. I dont wanna play Texas.
Texas got away with a lot last game. Why should they stop? But they're not as big and fast as Baylor so, I ain't worried.

Reaction Score
Looks like Texas won their Tournanment by beating Maryland. Give credit to a sharp South Carolina team , but Texas looks exhausted & listless tonight.

Reaction Score
Louisville was called for 24 fouls and three of their starters fouled out. But they hit 16 threes & Griner only scored 14 points.

Reaction Score
Come on, the best against the best. UConn vs Stanford. The two winningest coaches in history. East coast versus west coast.
Hoping Stanford and South Carolina play a 10 OT semi final game!-))

Reaction Score
No doubt that would be the best match-up for women's basketball. As a Uconn fan, I am rooting for what is best for our team's chances to win the championship. Both Uconn and Baylor got screwed by the seeding. They probably both should have been #1 seeds, and even if Baylor was a two, no way should they have been in the same bracket as either Stanford or Uconn.

On the other hand we have been lucky regarding the next game. We could easy be playing a 1 or 2 seed, but against Arizona we get a 3 seed. In a final four semifinal that is pretty fortunate. As for the other side of the bracket I would rather play anybody but Stanford, but certainly believe they are very likely to be there. Of course the ideal is Texas, but that is a little too much to wish for.

So for me, clearly I root for Louisville tonight to take out Stanford, and then I will be for South Carolina vs. Texas because Texas would have to have two big upsets to be a Uconn opponent, Stanford will probably beat Louisville, and if that happens South Carolina probably has a better chance of beating Stanford. In essence the best we can realistically hope for is Louisville or South Carolina, both great teams but probably a notch down from Stanford.

But having said that the big match-up of Stanford vs. Uconn could very likely happen and be great for ratings if it does.
You could be right but I'm thinking South Carolina, though I'd rather see UCONN play Stanford!
I remember Geno's post game interview after the South Carolina game this year, and he kept saying how big and long South Carolina was at every position favoring them!

Reaction Score
You could be right but I'm thinking South Carolina, though I'd rather see UCONN play Stanford!
I remember Geno's post game interview after the South Carolina game this year, and he kept saying how big and long South Carolina was at every position favoring them!
South Carolina looks nasty. They make me very nervous. No other teams do.

Reaction Score
Most of the posts in this thread assume Stanford is the best team. At the half vs Louisville, Louisville looks a lot stronger at both ends of the court

Reaction Score
There's a long way to go. But if we were told that one PAC 12 team made the final 4, how many of us would have predicted it was Arizona??

Reaction Score
Louisville ran out of gas. Like UCONN, Stanford wears teams down with tenacious defense & fast breaks off turnovers.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I really don't know who you would say looks like the best team at this point. UConn survived a brawl. South Carolina won in a laugher. Stanford played an absolutely terrible half followed up by a pretty darn good half. Arizona looks like an outlier, but the other 3 are really good teams, I think any of the 3 could end up cutting down the nets.

Reaction Score
I really don't know who you would say looks like the best team at this point. UConn survived a brawl. South Carolina won in a laugher. Stanford played an absolutely terrible half followed up by a pretty darn good half. Arizona looks like an outlier, but the other 3 are really good teams, I think any of the 3 could end up cutting down the nets.
If Stanford plays like they did in the second half, no one is going to beat them.

Reaction Score
If Stanford plays like they did in the second half, no one is going to beat them.

I said it in another thread. Stanford reminds me of some of the Uconn teams in the Stewie's era. When I saw them played earlier in the year, I thought they will be the favorite to win the championship.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
That was an illegal defense all game long. They surrounded Britney and impeded her ability to move. That should have been stopped in the first few minutes. If Louisville continued to employ that defense, then a foul should have been called every time.
Double teaming is illegal? Twice the number of fouls called on Louisville. 3 starters fouled out. Watch the game again the whining was unwarranted then from Baylor and the media. And unwarranted now.

Reaction Score
Louisville played bad defensive scheme, their zone left Stanford open for shots all the time, and Stanford has good shooters who will gladly have the chance. And on offense, Louisville isn't nearly the threat that UConn is.
I'd rather play Stanford than South Carolina, I think, but it would be much more satisfactory to beat South Carolina.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
the way they waylaid Baylor-with-Griner...
Was I the only one who wanted both SC and Stanford to win? This way they can hopefully spend themselves against each other in a monumental Friday night battle, with the emotionally spent winner moving on. Think of wars where a third party, whether a supposed ally, or an inside revolutionary group, was able to jump in against the deeply weakened "winner."

Reaction Score
tara almost coached Stanford out of the Final 4. She finally realized there is such a thing as a 2-point shot, especially against a smaller/less physical opponent in Louisville.

Reaction Score
SC will try to turn the game into a rock fight against Stanford. Stanford better hope they shoot at a good clip because they'll lose the rebounding battle. I would just keep feeding Boston & the posts inside & hope fouls are being called.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom