Now if L´ville can just drop the Tree | The Boneyard

Now if L´ville can just drop the Tree

Reaction Score
I would lie to see a UConn-Arizona-Texas-Louisville FF. Would be good for basketball to have other teams compete for the title.
I would like to see Indiana vs. UCONN, and Louisville vs. Texas in the FF; with Texas vs. UCONN final.

However, my will has not been followed with tghe exception of UCONN making the FF. So don't bet on the other three,,,

Reaction Score
Careful what you ask for! Stanford is no joke. They are really the only team left that makes me nervous!
The final will be tough no matter which of those four teams on that side of the bracket make it. Stanford, South Carolina, Louisville, and Texas. Any of those teams will be a tough out. I'm just hoping by the time they reach the final they are exhausted from just trying to get there.

Reaction Score
Come on, the best against the best. UConn vs Stanford. The two winningest coaches in history. East coast versus west coast.
No doubt that would be the best match-up for women's basketball. As a Uconn fan, I am rooting for what is best for our team's chances to win the championship. Both Uconn and Baylor got screwed by the seeding. They probably both should have been #1 seeds, and even if Baylor was a two, no way should they have been in the same bracket as either Stanford or Uconn.

On the other hand we have been lucky regarding the next game. We could easy be playing a 1 or 2 seed, but against Arizona we get a 3 seed. In a final four semifinal that is pretty fortunate. As for the other side of the bracket I would rather play anybody but Stanford, but certainly believe they are very likely to be there. Of course the ideal is Texas, but that is a little too much to wish for.

So for me, clearly I root for Louisville tonight to take out Stanford, and then I will be for South Carolina vs. Texas because Texas would have to have two big upsets to be a Uconn opponent, Stanford will probably beat Louisville, and if that happens South Carolina probably has a better chance of beating Stanford. In essence the best we can realistically hope for is Louisville or South Carolina, both great teams but probably a notch down from Stanford.

But having said that the big match-up of Stanford vs. Uconn could very likely happen and be great for ratings if it does.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
the way they waylaid Baylor-with-Griner...

And another example of Kim whining. And as with last night, Kim made no adjustments during the game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know what. Texas A&M got away with alot. Baylor got away with alot and will Texas? The games are in Texas. I dont wanna play Texas.

Reaction Score
That was an illegal defense all game long. They surrounded Britney and impeded her ability to move. That should have been stopped in the first few minutes. If Louisville continued to employ that defense, then a foul should have been called every time.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I’m first and foremost hoping we crush AZ so that we can get some subs in.

I’m torn between 1) wanting Stanford because I admire Tara for both her coaching success and her eloquent advocacy for more equality between MCBB & WCBB, and also because I think they are the best team remaining and should we defeat them, then we won’t have to hear the nay-sayers claim we won with the help of others, and 2) wanting Louisville because I also admire Jeff, and because playing the Cardinals would be sweet and take some of the Covid-cancellation disappointment away.

Reaction Score
I want Stanford. When Tara beats us it’s always in the semifinals or during the regular season when she has several days to prepare. When they only have one off day to prep Geno kicks her ass.

Reaction Score
To be the best you have to beat the best! Bring on Stanford!

Reaction Score
I want Stanford. When Tara beats us it’s always in the semifinals or during the regular season when she has several days to prepare. When they only have one off day to prep Geno kicks her ass.
If it's Stanford hopefully it's after they win in a double overtime thriller against South Carolina.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Well they've only met once with 1 day off before...

NCAA meetings with 1 day of prep:
2010 Title: UCONN won 53-47

NCAA meetings with several days of prep:
2014 Final Four: UCONN won 75-56
2009 Final Four: UCONN won 83-64
2008 Final Four: Stanford won 82-73
2005 Sweet 16: Stanford won 76-59
1995 Final Four: UCONN won 87-60

Reaction Score
Well they've only met once with 1 day off before...

NCAA meetings with 1 day of prep:
2010 Title: UCONN won 53-47

NCAA meetings with several days of prep:
2014 Final Four: UCONN won 75-56
2009 Final Four: UCONN won 83-64
2008 Final Four: Stanford won 82-73
2005 Sweet 16: Stanford won 76-59
1995 Final Four: UCONN won 87-60
So Stanford has only won with several days to prep :cool::cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online