Novak Djokovic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Novak Djokovic

Reaction Score
I actually think it's
1)Djokovic
2)Nadal
3)Fed
Fed had the most beautiful game of all time but just not the relentless consistency and defensive level of the other two. And Nadal is 24-16 head to head vs Fed. Yes some were clay but Fed also beat Nadal in a couple early Wimbledon's when Nadal was still super young

Reaction Score
People might be shocked to learn how many top athletes used to smoke cigarettes. My first job out of college was at ProServ the sports agency that repped Michael Jordan. David Falk worked there. But they were mainly a pro tennis firm. I didn't think anything of it at the time but a lot of these players smoked cigarettes.
Ever read David Falk’s book ‘The Bald Truth’? Highly recommend. Donald Dell and Proserv covered early in it.

Reaction Score
People might be shocked to learn how many top athletes used to smoke cigarettes. My first job out of college was at ProServ the sports agency that repped Michael Jordan. David Falk worked there. But they were mainly a pro tennis firm. I didn't think anything of it at the time but a lot of these players smoked cigarettes.
Football players used to smoke at halftime. There is a picture of Len Dawson smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer during halftime of Super Bowl I . Len Dawson smoking during Super Bowl I is an all-time great sports photo

Reaction Score
I actually think it's
1)Djokovic
2)Nadal
3)Fed
Fed had the most beautiful game of all time but just not the relentless consistency and defensive level of the other two. And Nadal is 24-16 head to head vs Fed. Yes some were clay but Fed also beat Nadal in a couple early Wimbledon's when Nadal was still super young
I agree with you given Novak’s consistency, head-to-head records, and weeks at number 1.

It’ll be interesting to see what the future holds for the new generation. Have a feeling one of the youngsters will emerge soon.

Reaction Score
Ever read David Falk’s book ‘The Bald Truth’? Highly recommend. Donald Dell and Proserv covered early in it.
That's who I worked for. Once got heavily criticized by the bosses for a brand marketing presentation I put together on Yannick Noah to show to sponsors. The company saw the presentation and they wanted Noah's mixed race family erased from the presentation.

Reaction Score
And where is Monica Seles from? She may have been the best woman's player ever- she was on track and dominating until her stabbing incident. Is she Serbian too?
I think that she is of Hungarian origins but was born in Serbia (at the time Yugoslavia), or is a Hungarian/Serbian mix. Seles would not be a common last name in Serbia (hint: majority of last names in Serbia end in "ic" or "vic"). If I had to guess she was born in the Northern half of Serbia, Vojvodina. The Austria-Hungarians were in this region of Serbia and many cities like Novi Sad or Subotica look more like Hungary than Serbia. There are also a lot of Slovaks in Vojvodina and my gf actually went to a Hungarian pre-k as they have a lot of schools and other things to suit the needs of the native Hungarians, some of which just speak that and no Serbian.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s a fascinating debate. Weighing who is the greatest in a sport or at a position for the duration of their career versus their best 3-5 years at the top of their game. Some guys are compilers. Some guys have their careers cut short by injuries in part because of bad luck or because they didn’t treat their bodies like temples. I personally think a player like Brady or Djokovic should be rewarded for playing a long time without many injuries and sustaining greatness. That partially helps make them great. Take a look sometime at Sandy Koufax’s pitching stats for the 4-5 years at his best. It’ll blow you away.

Reaction Score
That's who I worked for. Once got heavily criticized by the bosses for a brand marketing presentation I put together on Yannick Noah to show to sponsors. The company saw the presentation and they wanted Noah's mixed race family erased from the presentation.
Things are dramatically different now. Today you'd be the CEO.

Reaction Score
It’s a fascinating debate. Weighing who is the greatest in a sport or at a position for the duration of their career versus their best 3-5 years at the top of their game. Some guys are compilers. Some guys have their careers cut short by injuries in part because of bad luck or because they didn’t treat their bodies like temples. I personally think a player like Brady or Djokovic should be rewarded for playing a long time without many injuries and sustaining greatness. That partially helps make them great. Take a look sometime at Sandy Koufax’s pitching stats for the 4-5 years at his best. It’ll blow you away.
It really is - beating Nadal in his prime on clay is next to impossible. Too bad his body is breaking down.

Reaction Score
I think that she is of Hungarian origins but was born in Serbia (at the time Yugoslavia), or is a Hungarian/Serbian mix. Seles would not be a common last name in Serbia (hint: majority of last names in Serbia end in "ic" or "vic"). If I had to guess she was born in the Northern half of Serbia, Vojvodina. The Austria-Hungarians were in this region of Serbia and many cities like Novi Sad or Subotica look more like Hungary than Serbia. There are also a lot of Slovaks in Vojvodina and my gf actually went to a Hungarian pre-k as they have a lot of schools and other things to suit the needs of the native Hungarians, some of which just speak that and no Serbian.
Yes she is ethnic Hungarian from Vojvodina

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom