Notre Dame-Baylor [game thread] | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame-Baylor [game thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Question about the Technicaal on Mulkey....how is McBride shooting the technicals. She was not in the game when it was called, she was at the scorer table waiting to come in and entered after the t was called. I can't imagine a technical can be called and the a coach can sub in a player to shoot them...maybe I'm wrong but that a lousy rule if it is correct.
Other than that does anybody really think the NCAA and refs are gloing to let anybody other than UConn & ND advance to the finals...they been waiting all year for that match-up
Well, after the players for L'Ville & UConn screwed up ESPN's "3 To Watch" marketing blitzkrieg last year, it appears counter measures have been instituted to safeguard the "Pursuit Of Perfection". ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She walked off on her own. Really dislike ESPN playing the close up audio of a kid writhing in pain on the court.

Reaction Score
Maybe it is just me... but Achonwa screaming at her team before going to the locker room.. shooting the word Shi*. That should have been a technical. That is unacceptable.

Wonder if it is an ACL....

Reaction Score
I don't like Notre Dame, but I want to see them well and at full strength when the Huskies play them. So I hope Achonwa will be okay. However, it kind of sounded like she said, "duck this ," not "Win this game," as she walked off.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
She's been my fave opposing player for years. I really hope she's okay but have seen that scene often.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Her knee gave way without contact. Not a good sign.

Hope she is ok. Hate to see an athlete go down with an injury!

Reaction Score
She walked off on her own. Really dislike ESPN playing the close up audio of a kid writhing in pain on the court.
Don't forget Jessica Moore went back into the game and played with a torn ACL... just because she walked off does not mean a thing.

Reaction Score
It's truly a shame that such great players are a sideshow to the one of the worst officiating performance of all time (and one sided one at that)

Reaction Score
Maybe it is just me... but Achonwa screaming at her team before going to the locker room.. shooting the word Shi*. That should have been a technical. That is unacceptable.

Wonder if it is an ACL....
Much as I hate to see anyone hurt, and I understand her emotions but even I heard the word "" from my couch.

Reaction Score
Oh God, Achonwa. Looks like an ACL.

Thought the same thing. Knee twist with no contact and immediate shooting pain. I'll bet she heard the pop too from the way she reacted. Hope we're wrong and just twisted it and will be good to go next week. Hate to see anyone get hurt especially one of the best players.

Reaction Score
Can you really just get up and walk off the court if it's an ACL? I mean she didn't pop up right away, but it didn't look that bad as she walked off without any help and without much of a limp. At first I thought she was gonna walk it off and stay in the game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Reversal was a terrible call. Clearly started to signal the foul on Sims and wrongly changed mid stream. Sims with her traditional fender guard forearm and lowered shoulder.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Can you really just get up and walk off the court if it's an ACL? I mean she didn't pop up right away, but it didn't look that bad as she walked off without any help and without much of a limp. At first I thought she was gonna walk it off and stay in the game.
Yes, Jessica Moore finished the NC game with a torn ACL.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Yes, you can the knee is just not very stable. DeJuan Blair of Pitt never had ACLs.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

The answer is yes. Sometimes, when the ACL goes, you can get a cartilage tear which would keep you from walking without pain.

We'll have to wait and see.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Reversal was a terrible call. Clearly started to signal the foul on Sims and wrongly changed mid stream. Sims with her traditional fender guard forearm and lowered shoulder.
The Damer was nowhere near set

Reaction Score
So I guess the paradigm is - if you guard a Notre Dame player, its a foul. Got it - good to know.

Reaction Score
It's an ACL.

1) No contact
2) Knee buckles
3) Crumples to the ground
4) Knows immediately that something is very wrong

Sorry, I've just seen that script too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom