Notre Dame-Baylor [game thread] | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame-Baylor [game thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sarals24 said:
I don't think Achonwa would have come back out if she had a torn ACL.

For a regional final? I doubt she would want to miss her teams celebration.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think Achonwa would have come back out if she had a torn ACL.

Some players have played with partial tears. You can still walk with a torn ACL and I'll be surprised if that was not an ACL injury.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
A'ja getting ready for her turn at the McD dunk contest

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Tenspro2002 said:
It's an ACL. 1) No contact 2) Knee buckles 3) Crumples to the ground 4) Knows immediately that something is very wrong Sorry, I've just seen that script too many times.

I believe so as well!

It was the same injury as Moncrief of LSU and Sykes of Syracuse. Driving to basket with no contact and knee buckles.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I believe so as well!

It was the same injury as Moncrief of LSU and Sykes of Syracuse. Driving to basket with no contact and knee buckles.

Just like Jones (Duke) on the other end of the ND court :(

Maybe its just me..... but you really dont hear/see too many ACL injuries in Mens college basketball...... just hate to see that happen to anyone... on any team.... men or women

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Just like Jones (Duke) on the other end of the ND court :(

Maybe its just me..... but you really dont hear/see too many ACL injuries in Mens college basketball. just hate to see that happen to anyone... on any team.... men or women
Men have more surrounding muscle (quads) that strengthens stability.

Reaction Score
Men have more surrounding muscle (quads) that strengthens stability.

Yep. I've heard of other things that might also be partly responsible, like the different angle the knee makes with respect to vertical (because of women's wider hips), and also that without specific physiological training, women will naturally try and let the joint absorb more of the impact than the quad muscle.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I don't know, just seems like she would have been more upset when she came back out. Maybe I'm crazy. I have torn mine twice, and both times I was in so much pain I couldn't walk. I know it's different for everyone. I sure hope it's not an ACL, I want to face them at full strength.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Achonwa's interview didn't sound good. It seemed like she knows it's not good. Ugh.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Achonwa's interview didn't sound good. It seemed like she knows it's not good. Ugh.
I agree 100%.

Much respect for her holding it together in that interview. It couldn't have been easy.

She said "it felt weird" and "what is meant to be is meant to be".

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I don't know, just seems like she would have been more upset when she came back out. Maybe I'm crazy. I have torn mine twice, and both times I was in so much pain I couldn't walk. I know it's different for everyone. I sure hope it's not an ACL, I want to face them at full strength.
I tore mine in the first half of last football game of my Junior year. I finished the game wrapped in an ace bandage and didn't know it was an ACL for 3 days. It is, however different for everyone.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She does not have to, she's black.

dog can laugh.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We have all seen this sad story before. The anguish on her face was heartbreaking.

When she came back out there were moments when the brave face went away and the distress flashed across her face.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
doggydaddy said:
We have all seen this sad story before. The anguish on her face was heartbreaking.

And she has had multiple(?) ACLs already so she knows what they feel like.

I hope that somehow it's not as bad as feared. Odds don't look good. I wanted to meet them in the Final at full strength.

Reaction Score
To be fair, how many of us thought KML's injury was going to be just a contusion to the ulnar nerve when we saw it happen in real-time? I'm not a doctor, but when KML went down against Stanford based on the looks of it you had to think it was broken or at the very least a dislocation of some kind that was going to end her season. The moral of the story is I guess you never know until they see the doctor and get their tests, and that the initial appearance can be deceiving.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
And she has had multiple(?) ACLs already so she knows what they feel like.

I hope that somehow it's not as bad as feared. Odds don't look good. I wanted to meet them in the Final at full strength.

I'm not sure that's right. Her previous knee injuries have been meniscus tears, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom