Nothing From KML? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Nothing From KML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
she had a good game against the Liberty... and didn't get any praise unless its buried in another thread
07/06/16: Seattle Storm @ New York Liberty - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA
KML had a good game - and not just long-range shooting. Looked like a basketball player. Maybe she just needs minutes. Storm almost came back from down 18, but Sue & Stewie missed some free throws at the end and Sue had a dumb turnover. Stewie played awesome beyond her years most of the game.
Stewie Leads the UConn Parade

Reaction Score
I turned on the game and said to myself "Who's the fat girl in yellow?" KML weighs more now than when she graduated. She appears overweight and under confident. Her jump shot is off because she's compensating for her lack of lift. She gets to her spots on the floor too slow and with a definite lack of quickness. She's over thinking so her passes are late or ill considered. She's slower on defense. At the end of last year one of her teammates said she needed to get into "pro shape". KML should perhaps consider this.

She's heavier than when she was at UConn. But let's be honest: she is a big, strong, powerful girl. A guy like her would be described as "barrel-chested." Big, strong, broad shoulders, big lung capacity, big torso. That's KML. Heavier, yes. But she's also stronger, with more powerful shoulders. So I wasn't that surprised to see her working for the ball down low.

Given the opportunity, she's going to be a pro star.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
another good night for KML shooting the three...hope she is finding her place in the league...looking a little more confident

Good night for Haley Peters also-Its a Philly Belles thing! Amazing what a little distance from JPM does for player development.

Reaction Score
The 2017 draft seems very weak. I guess either DD or Coats can help the Storm as it's seems they could use a 3 or a 5.

Diamond Deshields is pretty fantastic but I think you have to see her in person.

I watched her in the NCAAs and thought "She didn't really do that...no one can do that!".

She just needs to learn how to use her teammates to help her in her offensive moves.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
thanks, I knew it would be buried. "leads the parade" tho... I read the title and moved on, didn't seem interesting :oops:
Buried-Alive.jpg

Reaction Score
I thought KML looked much more aggressive and confident the last few games. The Storm's passing improved when she was in. But I was concerned because until the last couple of games her shot was not falling. KML needs to have her shooting going in order to have value. It didn't seem like she wasn't getting looks earlier, she was just off (maybe too anxious?) We can hope that she has found her shot and can contribute to her team!

Reaction Score
Some random thoughts.

My wife is not interested in sports. While playing with her cellphone, she watches the games with me without paying any attention.
Once I asked her "What do think of Novosel?"
"I never took that medicine. Did I?" she replied in all seriousness.

I was checking the boxscores on my laptop after KML had exploded for 10 points. I explained to her how she was going to put some daylight in ppg between Kelly Faris and herself.
"You hope that this is not a flash in the pan" was her comment.
Now my hopes that this was not a flash in the pan has been reinforced with a 9 pt game.
At this rate she would be rubbing shoulders with Jayne Appel. The former Stanford star has been scoring like a center who had slipped on the ice before the game all season.

Reaction Score
Good night for Haley Peters also-Its a Philly Belles thing! Amazing what a little distance from JPM does for player development.
always liked Haley...she should have been a Husky

Reaction Score
Oh, and about the inability to transition, Kelly Faris scored in double-digits tonight. If she gets off the bench, why on earth is KML still there?!
I am wondering how well KML is playing defense. I suspect that her defense has more to do with her being on the bench than her offense.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I am wondering how well KML is playing defense. I suspect that her defense has more to do with her being on the bench than her offense.
In the Seattle/San Antonio game, about half-way into the 4th quarter, K found herself guarding Moriah out at the top of the key. It was awkward. It was like shooting fish in a barrel for Mo. I wonder what was going through K's mind as she found herself in that situation. She solved the problem by fouling. She was removed from the game right after that. I presume that was coincidence. Sue couldn't keep up with her either.

Reaction Score
always liked Haley...she should have been a Husky

WNBA...They do have the option of playing zone, do they not?

I ask because that may offset KML defensive woes whenever she's in the game.

Sometimes it's wise for a coach to recognize That (Not saying the coach doesn't) and put kml on a player not that much faster than herself.

Reaction Score

Sometimes it's wise for a coach to recognize That (Not saying the coach doesn't) and put kml on a player not that much faster than herself.
i would think that if she can find her stroke and consistently hit threes and rebound that you have to find a way to get her minutes...just my thoughts

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Zone with the three second rule is really hard to play well as you always have a huge gap in the middle or if you cheat too much in the corners.
I thought KML looked pretty solid on defense in that game.

Reaction Score
In the Seattle/San Antonio game, about half-way into the 4th quarter, K found herself guarding Moriah out at the top of the key. It was awkward. It was like shooting fish in a barrel for Mo. I wonder what was going through K's mind as she found herself in that situation. She solved the problem by fouling. She was removed from the game right after that. I presume that was coincidence. Sue couldn't keep up with her either.
As you point out, getting beat by MoJeff doesn't prove weakness on defense, but I do remember games at UConn when KML seemed to be stuck in cement when facing quick guards.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
As you point out, getting beat by MoJeff doesn't prove weakness on defense, but I do remember games at UConn when KML seemed to be stuck in cement when facing quick guards.
Right, this was not intended as criticism for K. It was a quirk of play that placed her in a match-up with Mo, and since Mo plays out front, K was out on an island. It was just a rare and interesting circumstance where two former UConn superstars were in that position.

We used to speak here about what is must be like for opponents to have to guard Mo, well, Kaleena found out.

On the plus side, Kaleena's had two good games in a row.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena's last 2 games have been pretty good in terms of PT and scoring. I hope it's the beginning of a trend. Seattle can use another scoring option.

Don't give up on K!

Reaction Score
Kaleena's last 2 games have been pretty good in terms of PT and scoring. I hope it's the beginning of a trend. Seattle can use another scoring option.

Don't give up on K!
KML needs to get half of Alysha Clark's minutes, the last 8 games Clark has been terrible, Sue is getting more rebounds then Alysha who plays the forward spot. Alysha has less assists then Stewie, and Steals, and she isn't a great scorer, or defender, so its time for Jenny to make some adjustments.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
KML needs to get half of Alysha Clark's minutes, the last 8 games Clark has been terrible, Sue is getting more rebounds then Alysha who plays the forward spot. Alysha has less assists then Stewie, and Steals, and she isn't a great scorer, or defender, so its time for Jenny to make some adjustments.

You trashed Clark's rebounding stats in another thread..... yet while Mosqueda- Lewis has played better the last 3 games.... in terms of rebounding... she has 1 more rebound than me. :cool: I guess all the Seattle SF's are allergic to grabbing rebounds. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom