Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Interesting choice. Her sister initially was at Utah but finished her career at Wake Forest. Had been with Lincoln Prep for most of her high school career until last year when she transferred to Hamilton Heights (which I thought no longer existed?).

Reaction Score
Some recruiting “insiders” as well along with some social media activity.
Interesting. I wonder if they're using Rikea Jackson as the example she could follow. I could see Sarah taking on a Juju Watkins type role with Tennessee next season.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
A lot of smoke recently for Tennessee and Sarah Strong…
It's called "blowing smoke". I am not impressed with Kellie who has done less with more than any other coach. Talk about NOT being 'coached up' that is Kellie. I would think that Dawn or Geno would be the 'coach em up's" in that sense of the word. I think those have and are still the front runners. LSU is a house of chaos with an old woman coach who tries to be cool, when she just looks foolish. She is not loyal to former players either. She is a successful trainwreck who's time is limited.

Reaction Score
Interesting. I wonder if they're using Rikea Jackson as the example she could follow. I could see Sarah taking on a Juju Watkins type role with Tennessee next season.
Maybe, but doesn't Sarah Strong actually want to win? Rickea's got freedom at UT, but how many big-time wins can she claim while being the top player? UT could end this season with less than 20 wins.

And yes, I know that Sarah's going to be better than Rickea in all likelihood, but still. Is Kellie going to improve as a coach?

Reaction Score
Sarah and her family should read VolNation during in game commentary. If they are losing, some on there are vicious with their comments about players and coaches. As a matter of fact, they have a poll going on right now whether they want Coach Harper gone or not. I doubt she would become a better player there. Geno or Dawn would be my preference.

Reaction Score
Tennessee’s likely not an NCAA team next year. They lose their one superstar and another of her top teammates from an already thin roster.
Depends on the portal.
Maybe, but doesn't Sarah Strong actually want to win? Rickea's got freedom at UT, but how many big-time wins can she claim while being the top player? UT could end this season with less than 20 wins.

And yes, I know that Sarah's going to be better than Rickea in all likelihood, but still. Is Kellie going to improve as a coach?
is Strong going to be better than Jackson? I wouldn't be so sure.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Lisa reaching oui of her traditional recruiting base and into Cali is pretty big.
Huge. To be candid with you, I'm floored by this one. Well, if San Diego and Orange County kids can spend four years playing soccer or football in South Bend, a Mater Dei kid can hoop in Des Moines

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Huge. To be candid with you, I'm floored by this one. Well, if San Diego and Orange County kids can spend four years playing soccer of football in South Bend, a Mater Dei kid can hoop in Des Moines
Same. It is, unfortunately, another sign of our rapid decline in recruiting prowess over the past several seasons. Not long ago we were the go-to for Mater Dei kids, and there wouldn't have been a single objective factor where a school like Iowa could out-recruit us. Between NIL, conference realignment, and Iowa's sudden and enormous fan base, that's clearly no longer true.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Boston College Adds a Third 2025 Commit

I add this, courtesy of Raoul, not so much for the fact that they've already got multiple commits, but that the Boston College coach, Joanne Bernabei-McNamee, has been listed on the endangered coaches list. Could that late run of success at the end of the regular ACC season and win over Clemson have bought her one more year?

Reaction Score
Boston College Adds a Third 2025 Commit

I add this, courtesy of Raoul, not so much for the fact that they've already got multiple commits, but that the Boston College coach, Joanne Bernabei-McNamee, has been listed on the endangered coaches list. Could that late run of success at the end of the regular ACC season and win over Clemson have bought her one more year?

Agreed. Kentucky got a commit a week or two before Elzy was let go, however they are a 2024. As this player is a 2025, worst case is that she'd have ample time to look at other options.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom