Non-Key Tweets | Page 963 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Here's an example of how an obsessed fan base behaves when their team leaves the tunnel... something for us to aspire to if we want to grow our brand....

Makes you wonder why the heck VA Tech is in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Here's an example of how an obsessed fan base behaves when their team leaves the tunnel... something for us to aspire to if we want to grow our brand....

That is a great entrance. I think if you play "Enter Sandman" at any sold out college football stadium, the vibe would be the same. No offense to the Hokies.

Reaction Score

Haha! Maybe the team should come out to Sweet Caroline!

Reaction Score
That is a great entrance. I think if you play "Enter Sandman" at any sold out college football stadium, the vibe would be the same. No offense to the Hokies.
Personally, this is my favorite entrance.

Reaction Score
Louisville?

That is weird. I mean, if I had my pick of remnants, I'd look at Georgia Tech, Miami and even Duke before I looked at Louisville.
Lville has had a charmed life. It coincides with their invite e into the ACC in 2012. My Boston Terrier matriculated at Lville the same year and was Valedictorian, Class of 2016... Look the ACC's BS about fine academics went out the window when they welcomed Lville. Its acceptance rate exceeds 75%. It is a joke. And, also please remind me what they have accomplished athletically since they have been there. More ACC BS...

Reaction Score
Louisville?

That is weird. I mean, if I had my pick of remnants, I'd look at Georgia Tech, Miami and even Duke before I looked at Louisville.
There is the natural geographic and historical rivalries amongst the Pitt, WVU, Cincy, Louisville geographic. It makes much more sense than just grabbing teams based on potential revenue.

Reaction Score
Back in 2021, Texas and Oklahoma announced they were moving to the SEC as of July 1, 2025 - the day after the Big 12 GOR ended, with the assumption they would negotiate their way out earlier. Legally, they said July 1, 2025 to avoid court battles.

Why can't the ACC teams do the same with a longer term projected date?

FSU, UNC, Clemson, Miami could announce they are joining the B1G/SEC effective July 1, 2036. And then let the cards fall where they may from that announcement.

Reaction Score
Back in 2021, Texas and Oklahoma announced they were moving to the SEC as of July 1, 2025 - the day after the Big 12 GOR ended, with the assumption they would negotiate their way out earlier. Legally, they said July 1, 2025 to avoid court battles.

FSU, UNC, Clemson, Miami could announce they are joining the B1G/SEC effective July 1, 2036. And then let the cards fall where they may from that announcement.
Because the conference would start withholding distributions toward the exit fee plus their's a huge difference between 3-4 years & 13years.

Reaction Score
Since the Exit Fee is not a GOR item, but a fee to leave the conference...and since the fee due clock starts at the time of declaration....there may not be a rush to pony up the $120 million 13 years early.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

For openers the B1G/SEC would need to be willing to extend an invitation today for a move in 2036.

They also would have to be willing to face the potential criticism and possible legal repercussions that would arise if they announced that they will add schools when it becomes economically feasible for the prospective additions but hold their places more than a decade in advance.

Reaction Score
FSU made about $40m last year, so about 10% more this year. Even assuming a 5% increase each year, it should be looking at $56m in 2028. I'm assuming that isn't including additional playoff revenue.

Reaction Score

A school loses its vote at the President/Chancellor level when it submits its resignation

Reaction Score

Predicting the landscape of college sports 3 years is difficult. In 12-13 years impossible. UCF / USF could be more attractive Big 10 adds than FSU .
When the AAC was formed UConn was the biggest brand in the conference and we cried we were the better choice than Rutgers for the B1G and certainly Louisville for the ACC .
Yet 12 years later we’re treated like we don’t even exist .
In 2010
If you said Cuse, Pitt , Louisville, SMU Stanford , and Cal would be in the ACC
Rutgers ,Nebraska USC , UCLA , Oregon , and Washington would be in the B1G
Texas A&M , Missouri , Texas , Oklahoma would be in the SEC
That WVA , TCU, Houston, UCF ,BYU Cincinnati, UA , ASU , Utah would be in the B12
and OSU , and WSU would be trying to hookup with the MW to survive
and finally Neither the Big East or PAC would exist as viable major football conferences they would have you committed .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom