Non-Key Tweets | Page 942 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Been more wrong then right the last few weeks....if there are meetings, we should see a fresh round of leaks by tomorrow evening.

Cant believe im entertaining this but...IF true, are we still potentially being discussed?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Cant believe im entertaining this but...IF true, are we still potentially being discussed?
Some think so.... we shall see what the twitterati and national reporters put out there tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Some think so.... we shall see what the twitterati and national reporters put out there tomorrow.
i just hope its not being discussed basketball only. Gotta be full member or nothing.

My guess is Yormak actually will still vouch for us, and may finally get what he wanted before the PAC got blown up.

Reaction Score
Never say never. Not gonna let ourselves get would around the axle like last week though.

I posted an Athletic article somewhere on this board but can't find it now. As we all know, Thursday and Friday of last week were absolute chaos for the principals. Much like this board.

EDIT: The Athletic article is on the For Those Who Think We Got Played thread.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i just hope its not being discussed basketball only. Gotta be full member or nothing.

My guess is Yormak actually will still vouch for us, and may finally get what he wanted before the PAC got blown up.
Paired with whom, though? SMU? That doesn't seem realistic.

Reaction Score
What happens if Big12 invites St. Johns along with Gonzaga to Big12? ....
No one cares. St. John’s is fool’s gold and a small catholic school from queens would fail miserably in the big 12. The travel alone makes this senseless. And they wouldn’t deliver the NY market. Can only imagine tcu or Texas tech in carnesseca, no one would go.

Reaction Score
We’re not even on the radar.

Andrea Adelson was on Sirius just now and they talked ACC prospects.

We weren’t even mentioned when the hosts asked what schools were being considered outside Cal-Stanford and SMU. The only school mentioned was Tulane, and New Orleans isn’t really a prize.

SMU there is no rush on. They will always be available. Cal and Stanford don’t seem to add much. SMU is interesting because they are in Texas.

They are trying to increase the value of the ACC Network.

Reading between the lines, winning championships doesn’t even figure into this (obviously). UConn doesn’t deliver the ACC anything they don’t have already.

But there is nothing out there that they can get that will strengthen their position. They have hit the ceiling.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been to Tulane. Both the stadium and arena. If they get picked up, you'll know it ain't about facilities. Or markets. NOLA is an LSU town.

Reaction Score

We’re not in any Big 12 discussions anymore.

There is no more money. Move on.

Reaction Score
I've been to Tulane. Both the stadium and arena. If they get picked up, you'll know it ain't about facilities. Or markets. NOLA is an LSU town.

She said NOLA wasn’t even seriously considered. But they were mentioned and we were not. That’s how far down the order.

The ACC is just trying to gerrymander a better array of markets.

Even if New Orleans was a Tulane town it’s not enough to move the needle.

Reaction Score
Why in the world would the big east basketball schools want to go that.
They’d likely receive more money and they would not be in the conference minority so would feel they’re more in control of their fate.

Reaction Score
She said NOLA wasn’t even seriously considered. But they were mentioned and we were not. That’s how far down the order.

The ACC is just trying to gerrymander a better array of markets.

Even if New Orleans was a Tulane town it’s not enough to move the needle.
Mike Areaco tried that, and the result was the Catholic schools said no way and broke away.

GG

Reaction Score
Been more wrong then right the last few weeks....if there are meetings, we should see a fresh round of leaks by tomorrow evening.

Zags and UCONN? Per Greg Flugar, the MWC and AAC are in a mini-bidding war for OSU and WSU and that a decision should be soon.

Reaction Score
Probably? If you want, DM me. I’ve got this bridge down in NYC I’m looking to unload.
I’ll give you a good price

Reaction Score
Curious if GoKU has any insights on B12 activity.
Has he vacated completely? Haven’t seen him lately. Maybe that in itself is a sign…

Reaction Score
Curious if GoKU has any insights on B12 activity.
Has he vacated completely? Haven’t seen him lately. Maybe that in itself is a sign…
The Big 12 is no longer an option for UConn. Presidents who said we were considered before have come out and said there is zero money left. Expansion there is dead.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Mike Areaco tried that, and the result was the Catholic schools said no way and broke away.
Which was dumb. Tulane was an SEC school and has invested in basketball and football. The stadium is new as of 2012. They are upgrading and just won a Cotton Bowl. Tulane was a smart addition and people were short sighted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom