Non-Key Tweets | Page 943 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I think we've seen how this plays out.

I am pessimistic too; but Cal and Stamford have a lot more money and connections to people with even more money (to pay very big law firms with) than UConn does. This had to be a known risk in isolating these two schools in particular. Could be interesting…

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not about to say that anything MHVER tweets has any validity or credibility but as Fox supposedly went to two different conferences (B1G, B-12) offering more money to make expansion beyond what either conference initially planned work, there may be something there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we've seen how this plays out.
For the record, I believe we ended up with like $1 million from that suit. One can argue that was a pyrrhic victory though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This lawsuit, if it happens, will come down to contractual language and specific actions by Fox. It would be amazing to see a school sue a network, and would be a sign that the schools think ESPN and Fox are artifacts that will not matter in the future.

Reaction Score
There is a basic conflict of interest between media like Fox and ESPN versus conference interests.

Fox wanting to build the B1G into their primary assett to rival the SEC...and ESPN promoting SEC interests over Big 12 and ACC interests.

As we have predicted, the movement is toward consolidation and the networks are fashioning it for their profit at the expense of some teams/conferences.

Reaction Score
The administrators at Cal-Berkeley might be reacting to all of this with a "Thank god!" Maybe they can finally stop the bleeding by taking everything down several notches and by bowing out of the sports race altogether.

They have a huge deficit there.

Berkeley has already achieved academic notoriety, and the worst that can happen to them is that they become just like U. Cal. San Diego.

Stanford, on the other hand, is not at all worried about maintaining its programs and departments in the face of budget cuts. But Cal? They have a lot more to worry about.

Who are the boosters, alumni, and politicians restraining the administrators at Cal?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Finally, better than Alabama at something.

I put Jim Harbaugh as number 1. That guy struggles to hide his crazy. He might go full David Banner/Incredible Hulk when pushed too far.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I put Jim Harbaugh as number 1. That guy struggles to hide his crazy. He might go full David Banner/Incredible Hulk when pushed too far.
I think I'd put Cristobal first. He was a starting offensive tackle on a national championship team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Which was dumb. Tulane was an SEC school and has invested in basketball and football. The stadium is new as of 2012. They are upgrading and just won a Cotton Bowl. Tulane was a smart addition and people were short sighted.
Perhaps you are unaware that both the new stadium and arena are tiny.

Reaction Score

Also slashed mathematics, English, civil engineering, and several other departments. When you cleave 20% of your university things are as dire as can be. Anyone who thinks they’re safe from this, think again. Cal Berkeley has an interesting decision to make. It doesn’t need sports. It’s already a great academic institution. It bleeds sports money and that’s only going to get worse. Do you pay for it with ever higher tuitions ? What do you do? It’s not like the other Cals without sports don’t have great reputations. They do. San Diego, Irvine, Davis, all excellent schools, and Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz to a lesser extent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Also slashed mathematics, English, civil engineering, and several other departments. When you cleave 20% of your university things are as dire as can be. Anyone who thinks they’re safe from this, think again. Cal Berkeley has an interesting decision to make. It doesn’t need sports. It’s already a great academic institution. It bleeds sports money and that’s only going to get worse. Do you pay for it with ever higher tuitions ? What do you do? It’s not like the other Cals without sports don’t have great reputations. They do. San Diego, Irvine, Davis, all excellent schools, and Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz to a lesser extent.
I guess it will come down to a determination by the administration whether or not they believe athletics brings value to their institution.

Reaction Score

Who is this guy? The laundry guy at a B1G AD? The ex-Fox TV executive made clear that the conferences own the rights. why is this athletic dept employee making it seem as though that's not the case?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom