Non-Key Tweets | Page 848 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
That was what I was wondering. I'm old but want what is best for UConn and from what I can see the Big 12 is a step up in all sports. But I'm just a fan so what do I really know.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 4h
BREAKING: Is Yormark going coast to coast in one fell swoop with the #Big12 and grabbing both #UConn and #SDSU before taking #Buffs and #BearDown? That's what some are predicting this morning.

#
1687380259289.gif

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 1h
#Pac12 teams are noe fully aware their share is $19.5M each before the Comcast and Holiday Bowl lawsuit reimbursals. To add more mouths to feed dilutes the payout even further, so with additions of #SDSU and #SMU, the P12 annual payout will be roughly one-third of the #Big12.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim · 1h
#Pac12 teams are noe fully aware their share is $19.5M each before the Comcast and Holiday Bowl lawsuit reimbursals. To add more mouths to feed dilutes the payout even further, so with additions of #SDSU and #SMU, the P12 annual payout will be roughly one-third of the #Big12.

Amazing that Internet Realignment Guy knows this and the Pac 12 has not budged yet.

Reaction Score

Seem to back up what was previously said here ..... . Apparently, in the comments, a few people are backing it up. Long story short there are academics on the board who don't want to leave the PAC12 and downgrade to BIG12 regardless of the money and the longer this can gets kicked the closer to the July budget deadline they get. From what I've heard not sure if its true the academic money they get from PAC12 and research far out weighs any sports TV contracts.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

Seem to back up what was previously said here ..... . Apparently, in the comments, a few people are backing it up. Long story short there are academics on the board who don't want to leave the PAC12 and downgrade to BIG12 regardless of the money and the longer this can gets kicked the closer to the July budget deadline they get. From what I've heard not sure if its true the academic money they get from PAC12 and research far out weighs any sports TV contracts.

I think as of now Colorado will stay. As long as the league gets a TV deal before the July 21st media days, the Buffs will stick around.

Reaction Score
I think as of now Colorado will stay. As long as the league gets a TV deal before the July 21st media days, the Buffs will stick around.

I’m just amazed that a media deal is taking this long. Yipes.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I’m just amazed that a media deal is taking this long. Yipes.
The Pac-12 messed up. They are a more valuable property than the Big 12 even with the time zone disadvantage on a fair playing field. However, with the Big 12 getting a deal first, and the TV monies now shrinking, the league is in a hard spot. As much as I would like UConn to join a P5 league, I do think it is very important that we keep five major conferences in football and six major conferences in basketball. It is better for college sports to not be as concentrated as professional sports.

Reaction Score
The Pac-12 messed up. They are a more valuable property than the Big 12 even with the time zone disadvantage on a fair playing field. However, with the Big 12 getting a deal first, and the TV monies now shrinking, the league is in a hard spot. As much as I would like UConn to join a P5 league, I do think it is very important that we keep five major conferences in football and six major conferences in basketball. It is better for college sports to not be as concentrated as professional sports.
We don't need to martyr ourselves to try to save college sports.

Reaction Score

On the surface the research funding totals are hundreds of millions and the athletics revenues are tens of millions. But it is far more complex than that as the connection between research funding and an athletic affiliation is unclear. Personally I would be surprised if there was any connection at all. But if there is, that may be one of the dirty little secrets out there, the elephant in the room that no one talks about. I am skeptical. I suspect we are talking about institutional image.

Reaction Score
There is little to no connection between athletic conference and research funding. Faculty collaborates with anyone and everyone that will help them get more research funding. Look at all these nomad schools that improving greatly in research:

USF
Cincinnati
UAB
Houston

etc.

Those teams have been changing conference non-stop and it hasn't hurt their research funding at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom