Non-Key Tweets | Page 714 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Texas and Oklahoma can't get into the football playoffs today as the XII stands. Thus, thus I suspect that they would be glad to face the same problem in the ACC/B1G/PAC/SEC while making several million dollars more a year.

Umm...Oklahoma got in last year. They just aren't that good this year. If Baylor or WVU runs the table they have a shot. Washington has a great shot to win out. Michigan and tOSU play each other in the last game, and tOSU also plays Nebraska before then. A&M plays Alabama this week, so one unbeaten will go down. A&M has Ole Miss and LSU left as well.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
@whaler11 be like...
barry-horowitz-o.gif
Holy crap, a Barry Horowitz sighting on the Boneyard!!

Reaction Score
You recall it incorrectly about the ACC. There are thousands of
posts here about how they were the dead P5 conference.

The Big 12 GOR hasn't been extended because there isn't any reason to do so. When 2025 rolls around and revenue is declining - Oklahoma isn't going to be the solution to any problem. They are going to have zero outs.

Every MWC and AAC school
is going nowhere. They are pretty much shut out for eternity.

Credit where can edit is due - you nailed the big 12 and ACC expansion forecast, confidently.

As things have played out as you predicted, what is the impetus for UCONN to eventually be in the ACC ( as you have also predicted on a number of occasions)?
This is a real question, not rhetoric.

Reaction Score
Umm...Oklahoma got in last year. They just aren't that good this year. If Baylor or WVU runs the table they have a shot. Washington has a great shot to win out. Michigan and tOSU play each other in the last game, and tOSU also plays Nebraska before then. A&M plays Alabama this week, so one unbeaten will go down. A&M has Ole Miss and LSU left as well.

With Texas & Oklahoma having off years (in Texas' case, it more like an off decade), an undefeated Baylor is not getting in over a 1 loss A&M/Alabama/Michigan/Ohio St team not with their SoS. They beat lowly Iowa St by 3 and have non-conference wins over Northwestern State, SMU and Rice. WVU is slightly better with non-conference wins over Missouri, Youngstown St, and BYU which are better names; but, BYU and Missouri are a combined 6-7 this year.

Reaction Score
Curious... Is this a response to a post. I have the usual suspects on ignore so I see so many of these one-sided conversations.

Whaler?

I'm not sure either but I assume Whaler is going off on one of his/her usual tirades.

But if we're taking victory laps, I posted that BYU had a LGBT problem, and I did it well before it became a popular topic in the press. I even created a separate thread for it which (ahem) somebody around here deleted.

Also, I started the B1G thread, which will ultimately be proven correct. (BTW, who edited/rewrote my original post in the B1G thread? Some of that is clearly not my writing style. It looks like HFD took a hatchet to the post, but I don't think he was ever a mod.)

Reaction Score
Serious question, what does this mean?

It basically means Fox and Mark Silverman would like Oklahoma to join the Big Ten. Silverman is presumed to be the next commissioner when Delany retires and Oklahoma has had a great working relationship with Fox already.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 14h14 hours ago
Heads up Dinner with BTM Saturday evening October, 22nd Subjects: B10 HCKY EXP = Iowa 2018/19? OU has already made decision to leave B12

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 14h14 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/789110646977601537… More Saturday night. Iowa will have internal meetings - HCKY EXP early next year OU will bolt B12 no later 2024

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 13h13 hours ago
@flugempire has OU sent out feelers or just got more ducks in a row?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 13h13 hours ago
@MurrDCU More info Saturday night. BTM will tell us why B1G believes OU has already made decision to leave B12 no later than 2024.

JimdishCT ‏@HuskyCast 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire @MurrDCU They tried to make something happen. Stymied by Texas politics, LHN and ESPN I suppose.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 3h3 hours ago
@HuskyCast @flugempire ...and Fox

Weeda Hilt ‏@WeedaHilt 13h13 hours ago
@flugempire Greg do u think PAC 12 will have them with or without Texas

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 13h13 hours ago
@WeedaHilt Great question. IDK. In 2011 it was no. Years from now it might have to be yes.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
Dude of WV is still steaming OU Contacts on Sept 22nd said there would be no expansion and did no hedging for last 25 days..unlike himself

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/789266094842257408… Chris just sent me 2 emails threatening to expose me that OU contacts said something different before 9/22. No duh

And now Chris is wondering why the "Relief Plan" that OU Contacts explain to all of us is being discussed in other places... ..well.

Reminder: Dinner with BTM Saturday Night.

Steve Bullard ‏@stevebullard 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire Man, expansion has people on edge, I guess.

@stevebullard Just imagine 2 years from now when OU & UT have not extended the B12 GOR. Chris will start to understand the "Relief Plan"

Pat McKenzie ‏@patmckenzie68 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire what is BTM- you reference it a lot

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
@patmckenzie68 Short for Big Ten Man. Gentlemen who has broken quite a few stories on our Twitter account for 2 1/2 years

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ago
Berry Tramel said in his chat today that the B1G is a pipedream for OU. He also said he didn't expect the SEC come calling.

I agree with Berry that the Big 12's future is murky beyond 2025. I also think Pac12 membership would be harmful to the OU program.

I wish we could just move past this Big 12 stuff. So how about this...I'll tell you guys when to worry.

Don't worry. Be happy. About $7M in new revenue heading the Big 12's way.

Cujo ‏@SportsCujo 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I'm not 100% convinced. SEC was calling OU after they added Texas A&M, I'm not sure Missouri filled the OU void.

@SportsCujo You know the answer to that as well as I do. Market is changing. Expansion is no longer profitable.

Cujo ‏@SportsCujo 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV SEC was the first to have a conference championship game, they may become the first to have a conference championship playoff

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
How come the Flugar apologists didn't respond to the the evidence of his lies?

Brian Gorby ‏@Georgia_Mountie 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV If OU & UT wanted to leave, they would have expanded to max aloud in contract. Taken $, paid new a minimum, then bolt in 2025.

@Georgia_Mountie I agree. Not expanding showed that everyone committed to the Big 12.

I'm not sure why people think UT and OU pledged loyalty to the Big 12 only to start packing their bags.

If OU & UT hadn't committed to the Big 12 the conference would have expanded. Both to bank the extra cash & have enough members to survive.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
I'm trying to track down a crazy BS rumor started by @flugempire. Its so BS crazy its worth researching. here it is..

CvQH7UFWgAAZSeq.jpg

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
I want to find the original rumor wherever it appeared first. It could be Flugar made it up entirely on his own.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 12h12 hours ago
Make no mistake about it, OU and Texas are already having third party talks with #SEC, #B1G, #ACC, #Pac12 for future conference realignment.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 9h9 hours ago
#Huskers, #TAMU, #Mizzou, #Buffs each left the #Big12, because of Texas,, which is why #UT isn't going #SEC, and the #B1G is a longshot.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 8h8 hours ago
#Pac12 media feel certain P12 will try for best four #Big12 teams they can get, to get to 16, and add the CT zone market for TV.

Kansas Jayhawks‏@KansasHoopstalk
@GSw aim Greg. If you had to guess .... what do you think the fate is for Kansas Oklahoma Texas , tech , Osu.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 6h6 hours ago
GREG SW AIM SHOW Retweeted Kansas Jayhawks

Kansas to #B1G or #ACC, who put more into hoops. The other four to #Pac12.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 6h6 hours ago
Told by an attorney who knows conference realignment that teams can make decision public to leave the #Big12 without actually leaving now.

SoonerSource‏@Sooner_Source
@GSw aim they could but why on earth would they do that 8 yrs before the GOR expires?

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSwaim 5h5 hours ago
GREG SW AIM SHOW Retweeted SoonerSource

Probably not eight years, but a few years.

StevO‏@StevO_1960
@GSwaim Shouldn't Iowa State, Baylor, TCU and K STATE go ahead and commit to the PAC-12 or another conf? Wait & get left out! Musical chairs

GREG SWAIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 5h5 hours ago
GREG SWAIM SHOW Retweeted StevO

Private schools are not going to be in high demand, nor will Iowa State. Cyclones don't expand B10 footprint.

@GSw aim acc??! Interesting . Have even heard sec talk some even though f ball blows. Yet to hear ACc. Maybe because geography? Ty Greg

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 5h5 hours ago

KU being ACC accredited helps as well, and would expand B10 footprint, which they've showed they want.

@GSw aim thanks Greg. Just hope Kansas moves in general at this point. Can't afford to be "left behind"

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 5h5 hours ago

While realignment is generally about football, Kansas Basketball is the exception.

ME: If you thought the Twitter Follies would end after the Big12 no-expansion announcement...:p

Reaction Score
I make a motion that M H V E R and Dude aren't posted here anymore.

M H was exposed as a complete fraud, and Dude isn't even entertaining anymore.

I didn't mind their stuff before, but with the Dude in particular, he definitely feeds off of the notoriety.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I think we need a new category. Maybe "Less Than Non-Key Tweets". I want it to be a serious repository for this crap so I suggest a companion post for comments only. I don't want to dilute the product. Who's with me?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think we need a new category. Maybe "Less Than Non-Key Tweets". I want it to be a serious repository for this crap so I suggest a companion post for comments only. I don't want to dilute the product. Who's with me?

How about "Sometimes amusing, sometimes downright psychotic tweets" thread

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Once this motion gets to the Discussion phase of Robert's Rules or Order, I will argue vehemently against it. There is already at least 4 threads either directly or indirectly devoted to tweets of these Wish-I-knew-something know-nothings, the board cannot abide another toe.

Reaction Score
At this point, I am realigned out. I got no more energy for this anymore. All we can do is sit tight and wait for the B12 to blow up.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 25m25 minutes ago
Dinner with BTM has concluded. Following tweets are from BTM

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 17m17 minutes ago
BTM: "OU made it known to UT they will not sign an extended GOR if it's included in a bump in payouts from FOX/ESPN in return of no EXP"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 15m15 minutes ago
BTM: "OU has been directly talking with UT weekly...weekly orchestrated communication. Norman dont want any miscommunication with Austin"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8m8 minutes ago
BTM: "Meetings this week at OU (Leadership)..message will be sent internally OU will not enter negotiations on new TV rights outside of CCG

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4m4 minutes ago
BTM: "B10 & ESPN's relationship is warming up..." "B10 is working on possible angles to make ESPN happy in 2022/23 when B10 targets Texas"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3s3 seconds ago
BTM: "LHN is dead in the eyes of this current leadership in Texas."

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 48s48 seconds ago
BTM: "More Concussion lawsuits are expected for the Big Ten Conference"

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 25m25 minutes ago
Dinner with BTM has concluded. Following tweets are from BTM

Flug also mentioned that Iowa may be considering a D1 hockey program. I always thought that was a major selling point for UConn. The B1G will have an uneven number of hockey teams next year with the addition of Notre Dame. I'm sure they would prefer to have eight instead of seven teams. UConn would fit that need nicely. But if basketball can't garner an invitation, what are the odds that hockey would? And now, if Iowa starts a program, there goes that reason.

I'm holding out hope that the B12 implodes and the B1G invites Kansas and UConn. Or, if they insist on inviting KU, OU, and UT, that UConn makes 4.

Reaction Score
Flug also mentioned that Iowa may be considering a D1 hockey program. I always thought that was a major selling point for UConn. The B1G will have an uneven number of hockey teams next year with the addition of Notre Dame. I'm sure they would prefer to have eight instead of seven teams. UConn would fit that need nicely. But if basketball can't garner an invitation, what are the odds that hockey would? And now, if Iowa starts a program, there goes that reason.

I'm holding out hope that the B12 implodes and the B1G invites Kansas and UConn. Or, if they insist on inviting KU, OU, and UT, that UConn makes 4.
Iowa going D1 in hockey has been rumored for a long time and been debunked every time. Don't expect it to happen unless some donor comes forward to jumpstart it.

Reaction Score
Chuck CarltonVerified account‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
Contrary to comments made last week, Bob Bowlsby says "there was a lot of discussions" about the individual candidates by Big 12 presidents.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 42m42 minutes ago
GREG SW AIM SHOW Retweeted Chuck Carlton

Can't wait until this weezing, gasping, wreck of a conference breathes its last. The media relations folks are idiots to work with as well.

Chuck CarltonVerified account‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
Bowlsby on Iowa State AD Jamie Pollard saying Big 12 without Texas and OU is the Mountain West: "I don't share that vantage point."

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 19m19 minutes ago
GREG SW AIM SHOW Retweeted Chuck Carlton

But wait, Boren said they were all in lock step.agreement, so how can that be?

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 7m7 minutes ago
#ISU's Pollard comment on #UT a poorly disguised cry for help, translated "we're AAU, so please help us get into #B1G instead of #Sooners".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom