Non-Key Tweets | Page 716 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Here we go....

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 9h9 hours ago
Source: Big 12 continues talks with ESPN/Fox to extend TV contract & eliminate pro rata. CCG might last only 1 year.

Source: general structure of revised deal already agreed to by parties. ESPN & Fox working on details between them. Maybe 7-8 months out.

Source: New deal would keep B12 3rd in revenue & extend GoR by 5 years. B12 would earn about $8-10m more than ACC & P12.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 9h9 hours ago
Source: B12 would surrender the 1 football game & 1 additional basketball game currently part of their T3 package.

Source: Texas would retain 2 football games for LHN.

Source: Guaranteed appearances on ESPN would increase. B12 can expect better time slots but 1 game would air on Wednesday or Thursday.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 9h9 hours ago
@theDudeofWV how much will each Big12 team make on 7/1/2017 via Big12 tv football contract(s)?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@pfac51 Base below for current contact. Add $4M for next year and $7-8m each year after.

Cz-2XA0XAAAif3Q.jpg

@theDudeofWV that's pretty good money there. on par with the B1G.

@pfac51 B1G and SEC make more. It keeps Big 12 ahead of ACC & P12.

@theDudeofWV the ACC tv deal is garbage. i'd love for my team to be on the internet all the time for the streaming.

@pfac51 ESPN had no choice.

@theDudeofWV i understand. still garbage. and all of you discussed these 24 months convinces me their stuck.

@pfac51 ESPN paid $45M each year to keep FSU in the ACC. Now ESPN & Fox are going to pay $80M to keep UT & OU in the Big 12.

@theDudeofWV that's the cost for free agency, right?

@pfac51 Networks want to avoid consolidation. That happens if Big 12 or ACC fail.

@theDudeofWV would you see a day that KU at Purdue football was a conference game?

@pfac51 No. B12 has no interest in Purdue.

@theDudeofWV KU would have interest in the B1G if the Big12 crumbled.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8h8 hours ago
@pfac51 OU has an AAU problem too. That's not going away & it's more significant than most want to believe.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 8h8 hours ago
@theDudeofWV OU academics worse than any B1G school? OU fans at work don't think so. for some reason.

@pfac51 OU isn't AAU.

@theDudeofWV not even close.

@pfac51 I'm sure I'll get blasted by this but I understand many in the B1G want Neb out for their lack of AAU status.

@pfac51 Many meaning the schools that suck in football.

@theDudeofWV exactly. Add the illini. And the gophers for their recent bulls hit.

The last time the Big 12 redid their TV deal it took ESPN & Fox over a year to work out the deal between them.

Source: B12 scheduled OU & WVU the last week of the season believing whoever loses would be knocked out of CCG.

Source: Guaranteed appearances on ESPN would increase. B12 can expect better time slots but 1 game would air on Wednesday or Thursday.

Jody D ‏@jodaciousjody 9h9 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Big12Conference on Wednesday night where it belongs w/ the other minor conferences like the MAC & CUSA

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@jodaciousjody B1G is going to play a weekday game too.

@theDudeofWV Let me know when Michigan and Ohio St are playing in Wednesday night. Or any other Big10 team for that matter

@jodaciousjody Friday nights. Worst night of all because of HS games.

@theDudeofWV still a weekend night. NO WAY they will play on Wednesday nights

@jodaciousjody Thursday is best bet. Rotate with ACC.

Source: His opinion the bump is to keep Big 12 intact cheaper for Networks in the long run.

@theDudeofWV B1G stuck at 14 then?

@pfac51 So with carriage fee model in question & Networks refusing to pay for expansion where is the incentive to add?

@theDudeofWV there isn't any at this point. and expansion is football not basketball at this point even for the BTN to add games for bball.

@pfac51 My opinion is that contraction is the next wave. Schools that can't & lose millions annually just leech from valuable programs.

@theDudeofWV Purdue. Indiana.

@pfac51 I've heard Northwestern, Illinois, & Purdue don't cotton to Neb not being in AAU.

@theDudeofWV that doesn't surprise me a bit. I'd have 2 go back and look at the voting in who voted nebby Out

@pfac51 It's private but rumor has it that Wisky & 1 other B1G school voted against Neb for AAU.

@theDudeofWV i read an old article aviur that same info on SB nation 3 yrs ago on a husker page.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
Flugar emailed me to say UT & OU were not on board. Ask him who lead the negotiating team for the Big 12?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
I'm not going to argue or debate the B12 news. I'm confident it's accurate & remind everyone the current GoR runs thru 2025.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 9h9 hours ago
@Thedudeofwv Oklahoma & Texas are not signing on to extending the B12 GOR in 2016..or 2017. Absolutely ridiculous.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Dude: "I'm not going to argue or debate the B12 news. I'm confident it's accurate & remind everyone the current GoR runs thru 2025." Wrong

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/810680796617076738 … Current Big 12 Grant of Rights ends July 1st, 2025. Not through 2025.

reg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
And why Dude would you need to remind people (incorrectly) when the GOR runs to when you yet again tell us B12 GOR is about to be extended?

Kyle S. Lamb ‏@Kyle_Lamb 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire absurd thing is GOR can't be extended until/unless media deal is extended since it's simply an addendum... which isn't happening

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@Kyle_Lamb Exactly.

Kyle S. Lamb ‏@Kyle_Lamb 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire i'm pretty sure he doesn't get that

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@Kyle_Lamb Dude of WV is saying that OU & UT have agreed to a GOR extension..increase to 5 more years with bump in pay.

Kyle S. Lamb ‏@Kyle_Lamb 42m42 minutes ago
@flugempire lol riiiiight. After all this dysfunction, not even Texas & Oklahoma fans think that's the case. They're all ready to leave.

Reaction Score
The Dude has been hyping the Big 12 non stop for five years....and before he was the Dude of West Virginia, and Chris Lambert, he blogged under the title "Honus, the Dude, Sweed".

Some of Honus, the Dude, Sweed's swill from years ago...

" Honus "The Dude" Sneed comes down from the mountain (and off his mountain bike) to share his thoughts on Big 12 expansion rumors and the status of Clemson and FSU.

But before I “spill my beans” I want to give you the same warning I was given by my friend at WVU.

Realignment talks take place in the dark. They are sensitive and can fall apart at anytime and all the parties involved will deny their involvement.

Clemson and FSU have an agreement in principal to withdraw from the ACC and compete in the Big 12 starting in 2013.

The announcement will come shortly after the new BCS 4+1 playoff system is ratified.

If you would try and GPS the route of the road to the national championship of college football, you would see it runs through the SEC, Big 12, and the Pac 12 but doesn’t seem to have any on-ramps from tobacco road.

And that’s really not even open to debate as even wise sages and renowned ACC apologists admit the Big 12 is by far the better football league."

And the beauty of the internet is that so many of us are entertained by a guy like Honus Sweed (the dude, Chris Lambert, and other incarnations).

Reaction Score
With apologies to the Statler Brothers.....

But the Kooks of Realignment had their dreams
They all thought they'd change the Big 12 with their predicted deeds
Or maybe they just thought the conference would change to fit their needs

Flugaur's in The Boneyard
M-Hver needs a pair
Yoda's in a rubber room
the Dude is on welfare
Texbeerme is deep in cow pies
Buckanair is deep in debt
Where Doc and 2x ended up
Is anybody's bet

They all thought they'd change the world with a bogus source
And stuck, they can't dismount the horse.
The Kooks of Realignment had their dreams

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The dude just can't keep well enough alone, can he. Flugar can't leave a Dude tweet alone, can he. Ridiculous.

#1. Where are these great time slots ESPM is going to give them? They already are paying big money for the SEC, ACC and Big10. They can't get enough money from the Big10 games to sell them. Is ESPN going to sell the rights to other networks? I know there are regional games, but they also have national games they want everyone to see.

#2. Why would ESPN/Fox pay $80 million to keep UT/OU in the Big12. ESPN doesn't want the Big12, wasn't willing to give them a network, wasn't willing to pay for expansion and has left them out of the majority of their national time slots. Now they are willing to pay more? Lunacy!

#3. Why do the networks want to avoid consolidation? Consolidation will give them better games more often. Instead of regional games, they would have a more national appeal. Sure, games with Minnesota, Purdue and the like wouldn't be popular, but you would get games with Michigan, OSU, PSU and Wisky to go along with the renewed rivalry with Nebraska. Oklahoma would get an even more national exposure.

#4. It was Wisconsin and Michigan that led the charge to kick-out Nebraska from he AAU. They would have held the vote a year earlier but thee wasn't enough support to get the votes. UofM and UW knew they wanted to vote Nebby out of the AAU, yet they voted them into the Big10.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
OK. If that happens, then the exodus from the B12 is underway. Texas would be next up. Do they go B1G or independent/ACC with a ND-like deal?
If they go ND method, you have to think us and Kansas are on the inside track for the B1G.

Reaction Score
Just sayin' - it's interesting our "new" FB coach knows what it takes to succeed at UCONN and has experience coaching in the acc and B1G....

Reaction Score
GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 16h16 hours ago
Interesting rumor in Houston tonight. #Sooners, #OKState to #SEC, with #Bama, #Auburn to SEC East. Rumors only, but interesting scenario!!

Oklahoma/Oklahoma State Fans would LOVE this but I'm not sure how this is financially viable unless ESPN is willing to overpay on the next contract? Maybe they would just to control the rights to The Sooners? Moving Bama and Auburn would allow old rivalries like UT/Bama, and UGA/AU to be scheduled more easily. You could then move Mizzou to the west. The power would instantly swing back to the east, but if a few teams from the west step things up they could compete.

East- Bama, UF, UGA, AU, UT, USCe, UK, Vandy

West- OU, LSU, A&M, Ok St, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss St, Mizzou

This would be a beastly football league. While I don't necessarily see this happening in the near term, the probability of it occurring is far greater than schools like NW or Wisconsin allowing Oklahoma into The B1G without it being 100% stipulated as a condition for UT to also join.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If they go ND method, you have to think us and Kansas are on the inside track for the B1G.
Why? How does this move generate more revenue for the B1G schools?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Why? How does this move generate more revenue for the B1G schools?
TV. We are the most popular school in CT, eastern Long Island, parts of western Mass, southern NY, and western RI. That's 5-6 million people. Kansas is most popular in KS and surrounding states. That's likely 5-6 million people as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
TV. We are the most popular school in CT, eastern Long Island, parts of western Mass, southern NY, and western RI. That's 5-6 million people. Kansas is most popular in KS and surrounding states. That's likely 5-6 million people as well.
Yep, but what do the B1G schools make without us like $50M? That is a big (pun not intended) hill to climb. We'd need to bring at least as much, plus some premium to make adding us worthwhile. Even with the BTN subscription increase in CT, I have a hard time seeing the math work.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yep, but what do the B1G schools make without us like $50M? That is a big (pun not intended) hill to climb. We'd need to bring at least as much, plus some premium to make adding us worthwhile. Even with the BTN subscription increase in CT, I have a hard time seeing the math work.
Me too. I just don't see the attraction, sorry to say.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I hope none of those are for FB television revenue. The east coast league would make for a good preseason BB tournament, but little else.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I hope none of those are for FB television revenue. The east coast league would make for a good preseason BB tournament, but little else.
It has plenty of schools with rich histories of supposed to be good at football!

Reaction Score

There are problems with these East Coast schools, and mainly it is a question of underperformance. But Penn., New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and the Carolinas have a lot of football talent. They are regularly pilfered. In Virginia's case, they are just not going to allow bad students to play for them. Maryland is a mess, they should be doing much better. In this scenario, Pitt and PSU get placed in another division so they may suck out all that Penn. talent.

All I'm saying is that given the talent in that northeast region, teams like North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia Tech, should be doing a helluva lot better. These teams should be on par with Clemson, but they keep stepping on their you-know-whats.

Reaction Score
There are problems with these East Coast schools, and mainly it is a question of underperformance. But Penn., New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and the Carolinas have a lot of football talent. They are regularly pilfered. In Virginia's case, they are just not going to allow bad students to play for them. Maryland is a mess, they should be doing much better. In this scenario, Pitt and PSU get placed in another division so they may suck out all that Penn. talent.

All I'm saying is that given the talent in that northeast region, teams like North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia Tech, should be doing a helluva lot better. These teams should be on par with Clemson, but they keep stepping on their you-know-whats.
Penn State, Pitt, and West Virginia instead of the NC schools and you have very good basketball and strong football. Problem solved.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I applaud the effort on the B12Fanatics plan, but I think its fundamentally flawed in that they ignored the fact that more tv $ would be generated for each region if number of schools in a common state is minimized. For instance, 1/2 of the NC schools should be moved to a SE conf and replaced with something like a PA and SC school to expand the state foot print further. Or consider the combination of WA, OR with the intermountain west might be a little financially weak compared to other regions....some CA schools should be shifted. Etc.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
While nice that the writer thinks we belong in this fantasy conference it is, in the end, a big circle jerk fantasy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom