Non-Key Tweets | Page 650 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
"You have my sympathy. I'm a big fan of the maize and blue. Are the MSU fans even worse than Ohio State fans? The Suckeyes are certainly on the short list of America's most obnoxious college sports fans. A guy I used to work with attended a game in Columbus as a visiting fan and vows he'll never do that again."

Well, I mean, if your friend had a bad experience it must prove they're among the worst.

:)

The most futile exercise in sports is fans trying to 'rank' who's fanbases are the best and worst. It's such a ridiculous exercise, especially because 'friends' say they had a bad experience or someone had a bad experience. It takes a few rowdy fans in one small section out of 100,000 people to cloud someone's judgment of an entire group.

I would also be curious to know who your friend is a fan of. I can tell you first hand that in the case of OSU and UM fans, their behavior is largely predicated on the teams involved. If it's each other, you should pretty much expect a lot more drunks and thereby a lot more classless behavior. However, usually when most other teams come to town, especially out of conference games, you'd find that both places are extremely welcoming. Obnoxious behavior pretty much describes every single successful program in America. Whether it's OSU/Michigan football, UConn, Duke, UK basketball, FSU, Texas baseball, etc... there really isn't a monopoly on 'bad' fans.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
"You have my sympathy. I'm a big fan of the maize and blue. Are the MSU fans even worse than Ohio State fans? The Suckeyes are certainly on the short list of America's most obnoxious college sports fans. A guy I used to work with attended a game in Columbus as a visiting fan and vows he'll never do that again."

Well, I mean, if your friend had a bad experience it must prove they're among the worst.

:)

The most futile exercise in sports is fans trying to 'rank' who's fanbases are the best and worst. It's such a ridiculous exercise, especially because 'friends' say they had a bad experience or someone had a bad experience. It takes a few rowdy fans in one small section out of 100,000 people to cloud someone's judgment of an entire group.

I would also be curious to know who your friend is a fan of. I can tell you first hand that in the case of OSU and UM fans, their behavior is largely predicated on the teams involved. If it's each other, you should pretty much expect a lot more drunks and thereby a lot more classless behavior. However, usually when most other teams come to town, especially out of conference games, you'd find that both places are extremely welcoming. Obnoxious behavior pretty much describes every single successful program in America. Whether it's OSU/Michigan football, UConn, Duke, UK basketball, FSU, Texas baseball, etc... there really isn't a monopoly on 'bad' fans.

Texas.

I've known quite a few Ohio State fans personally, and I've worked with a few. The ones I've known were generally among the most obnoxious fans I've ever run across from any school. I'm no Texas fan, but I've been to plenty of games there and never experienced anything like my friend did at an Ohio State game. I talked to some Tennessee fans outside Neyland Stadium in Knoxville one time who attended a game at "The Swamp" in Gainesville. They had rocks and bottles thrown at them in the parking lot while going back to their car, just because they were wearing Tennessee shirts.

I've probably been to somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 college football stadiums nationwide. I've only encountered a handful of boorish fans at any of them. It's pretty easy to pick out the bad ones. That's not to say that all schools don't have a few bad apples, I agree, but there are a few schools with a higher concentration of them.

Reaction Score
From my perspective as a Texas fan, I love Rice fans, Stanford fans, Cal fans and even West Virginia fans.

The fans of midwestern schools (like Nebraska, Iowa State, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, etc...) are kind of charming because oftentimes they're predominantly senior citizens.

Ole Miss fans are amusing because they dress up for games like they're going to church.

Oklahoma and A&M are amusing because their fans hate Texas more than they love themselves. Sometimes you'll see Sooner fans on TV throwing the Horns down while they're playing somebody like Clemson. That's just crazy.

Arkansas fans can take things way too seriously but have the decency to stop just short of menacing.

I imagine our fans are among the worst because they're generally young, loud, affluent, arrogant and drunk.

But the fans you have to watch out for in this part of the country are LSU fans. They're not hateful or malicious. But being absolutely insane and life-endangering just seems to be part of their Louisiana make up.

Reaction Score
C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox · 60m60 minutes ago
No confirmation on which schools, but at least two AAC schools are working on buyouts that will allow them to leave in less than 27 months.

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox · 59m59 minutes ago
AAC wants schools to abide by 27-month exit period for logistical purposes. Expecting huge bump in the exit fee to leave for Big 12 early.

C. Austin Cox@C_Austin_Cox
Sports Writer for @BCSNN

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No confirmation on which schools, but at least two AAC schools are working on buyouts that will allow them to leave in less than 27 months.

AAC wants schools to abide by 27-month exit period for logistical purposes. Expecting huge bump in the exit fee to leave for Big 12 early.

Sports Writer for @BCSNN

So, essentially, put on your cup for the kick, but have your celebration beverage near by. It's like a scratch ticket where you either win $1,000,000 or lose $1,000,000. No other outcome possible.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
So, essentially, put on your cup for the kick, but have your celebration beverage near by. It's like a scratch ticket where you either win $1,000,000 or lose $1,000,000. No other outcome possible.
Well he did say atleast two and if Byu is in, I'm taking this as a good sign. Can't imagine a 2 team expansion with just UH/UC.

Reaction Score
Wow. Either it's Big12 or more survival cash. Cup and beverage sound about right.

Reaction Score

Sports Writer for @BCSNN

Notice no sources... glorified troll blogger.

His own post from last night:
C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 16h16 hours ago
Just today, fans have read Big 12 isn't expanding, it decided on expanding, knows which teams, the # of candidates increased. All clickbait

Reaction Score
C. Austin Cox‏@C_Austin_Cox

Bryan Moss-Namowicz ‏@Bryan_Rivals · 28m28 minutes ago
I over heard one AD talking exit fees on the phone at the AAC media day... I posted it on our board earlier in month

Bryan Moss-Namowicz
@Bryan_Rivals

Publisher/Writer/Recruiting Analyst of http://TigerSportsReport.com, part of the @Rivals and @YahooSports Network.

Reaction Score

Sports Writer for @BCSNN

C. Austin Cox is in both the Premium Top Shelf tweets and the Non-Key tweets!?! And I thought I was confused enough about realignment, now I have to be confused what tweet thread to read?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@CL82

Non-key tweets aren't taken as legitimate right?
Still got a woody over this? I gave you a limited edition CK picture. What more do you want?

If it's really bugging you, why don't set up a poll to see how many people actually believe non-key tweets, so you know exactly how many people you need to save from themselves.

Reaction Score
C. Austin Cox is in both the Premium Top Shelf tweets and the Non-Key tweets!?! And I thought I was confused enough about realignment, now I have to be confused what tweet thread to read?
I don't know how credible he is. That's why I put him in the non-key tweets thread.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't know how credible he is. That's why I put him in the non-key tweets thread.
My test is anonymous and unknown twitter realignment people are non-key. Media and school/conference employees would be key. Tweets containing actual facts by key twitter accounts would be top shelf platinum.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Oklahoma and A&M are amusing because their fans hate Texas more than they love themselves. Sometimes you'll see Sooner fans on TV throwing the Horns down while they're playing somebody like Clemson. That's just crazy.

At least those take place in college football games. Red Sox fans will chant some anti-Yankee verses, such as Jeter Sux, while attending a Pats (NFL), Bruins, (NHL), and Celtics (NBA) game.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
At least those take place in college football games. Red Sox fans will chant some anti-Yankee verses, such as Jeter Sux, while attending a Pats (NFL), Bruins, (NHL), and Celtics (NBA) game.

Because it's true. Just trying to get the word out.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet...

USF BULLS to the B12‏@USF_BIG12
@DickieV USF can use some more support for the Big 12! You know how great this market is and we may become! Thanks for your time, #GoBulls

Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV 15h15 hours ago
Dick Vitale Retweeted USF BULLS to the B12
I think @USF would be super 4 the @Big12Conference

Think the person who wrote the first tweet probably wrote the USF Presentation too...
Dick Vitale has been to enough Rays games with 30000 empty seats to know that the Tampa market is a dipsy do dunkaroo slam dunk grand slam for all sports fans. Maybe if the Bug12 started sponsoring NASCAR.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
10" or 12"?
It's all BIG in Iowa!

13906608_840058572761326_4327699447115040116_n.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Still got a woody over this? I gave you a limited edition CK picture. What more do you want?

If it's really bugging you, why don't set up a poll to see how many people actually believe non-key tweets, so you know exactly how many people you need to save from themselves.

Or maybe you can stop saying that no one believes what's in non-key tweets when some people clearly believe?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom