Non-Key Tweets | Page 649 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The're tired of being the butt of all the stupid Aggie /Oakie jokes
They are in need of somebody to look down on.
FWIW, the OSU fans we met/drank with at the 2004 Final Four were the best group I've come across in my post-season travels. (For the record, Sparty was THE worst. That's a school with real inferiority issues.)

Reaction Score
Whether Flug is right or wrong, has contacts or not, at least he's been consistent throughout all of the changing stories since the B12 announced they'd be looking to expand.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
FWIW, the OSU fans we met/drank with at the 2004 Final Four were the best group I've come across in my post-season travels. (For the record, Sparty was THE worst. That's a school with real inferiority issues.)

Ditto on the MSU fans. The ones we encountered in Detroit were obnoxious throughout the game, but that was nothing compared to how they acted after they won. About all you heard from them on the concourse was F UCONN...A lot of drunken cretins. If Jerome Dyson had played in that game we win it. I can't imagine how they would have acted afterward if that had happened.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

And rightfully so.

Reaction Score
Flug has been consistent.

If he is wrong my hope is Fox steps up now making future promises and the Big 12 go with UC, UConn, UCF, and USF. Let UT leave in 2024 and join the ACC (ESPN can sort that out with the Longhorn network and ND). A big 12 with Fox backing it and UH taking UT's place, assuming the anticipated sizable step up in UConn, UCF, and USF fb over the next 8 years, would be rather strong. However I have no real clue of the OU/UT bond.

If everyone thinks UT is a superpower why does the Longhorn network suck and lose money, seriously? Seems like smoke and mirrors.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

If he is wrong my hope is Fox steps up now making future promises and the Big 12 go with UC, UConn, UCF, and USF. Let UT leave in 2024 and join the ACC (ESPN can sort that out with the Longhorn network and ND). A big 12 with Fox backing it and UH taking UT's place, assuming the anticipated sizable step up in UConn, UCF, and USF fb over the next 8 years, would be rather strong. However I have no real clue of the OU/UT bond.

If everyone thinks UT is a superpower why does the Longhorn network suck and lose money, seriously? Seems like smoke and mirrors.

But if Oklahoma, Texas or Kansas was really a P4 level program, they'd already be in a P4 league.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I don't see the point in adding BYU and a slew of Eastern teams. People don't understand they're almost as far from core of the league as us. I'm starting to feel like they'll go all in with Eastern expansion. UConn UC UH UCF

Reaction Score

Flug is a fraud and always has been. He read the Houston Scout message board today and pretends his tweets from today are from his OU contacts when in fact it is just message board posting for his info...

Don't believe me? Read this thread and then go to his twitter account.

From a TCU source

UConnNick

Reaction Score

Because ESPN wildly overestimated the appeal among UT fans of watching a women's volleyball game at 3:30 p.m. on a weekday afternoon. They also wildly overestimated how many cable networks they could connive into shoving the cost of the LHN down their subscriber's throats. For years they couldn't get some major cable networks to even carry it. Nobody wanted to pay.

It was hilarious listening to T sip fans whine and complain about not being able to get LHN on their cable network. Lots of them had to switch carriers just to get it. Now with cord cutting it's probably getting far worse.

The thing that really ticked off their fans is at least a couple or more early season football games were only available on LHN. If you didn't have it, you couldn't watch those games. UT fans care about football and baseball, period. They couldn't care less about any other sports, so women's BB or volleyball being televised 24/7 does nothing for them. Heck, they sit on their hands at men's BB games as though they don't understand the sport.

Reaction Score
Flug is a fraud and always has been. He read the Houston Scout message board today and pretends his tweets from today are from his OU contacts when in fact it is just message board posting for his info...

From a TCU source
Read it, and it does not say 4. It say 3 schools can have votes as a group, so maybe 4, but do not know who would be fourth. So I call bull on the post, because no way Tulane and Memphis are on the same footing as UCONN for a fourth spot. Just wrong, you cannot rationalize it either. In addition, it says 2 is plausible too.

Flug has been saying the same 4 including UCONN since July and has had UCONN as part of 2 team expansion since the winter. He has been consistent like nobody else on UCONN, so I am sticking with him unlike everybody else changes from day to day / week to week

Reaction Score

From a TCU source

I tend to think he is a fraud too.

However, he has been saying the stuff that is in that link for that last few weeks. He has been adamant that horse trading is going to lead to 4 adds, and this is what the TCU link is now saying as well.

Reaction Score

From a TCU source
He's been predicting UH/UC/UConn/BYU for roughly a month now, this did not pop up today. Unlike other Twitter "insiders" he rarely waivers or changes his information based on "headfakes" or "fluid situations". He's the polar opposite of Dude in that regard, he sticks with what he says and openly admits when he's wrong.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Flug looks good because he's been competing against the meth heads from WV and bluevod, who went off his meds months ago. Seriously, I pine for the days of TuxedoDodo and FTT.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
BTM:OU contacts
"BYU will thread the needle on wording. Won't be issue. Can't see consensus forming on two. Still UH/UC/BYU/UCONN."

Mat Carlile ‏@carlile_mat · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire
Looks like BYU as done some of this
BYU adjusts Honor Code requirements after religious discrimination complaint

I don't think you will be seeing anything different from us. Obviously if it's an expansion of only 2 our OU contacts didn't see it.

If Memphis makes it in B12 expansion...again we will be wrong. Same with CSU. Same with all others. If no EXP, again we will be wrong.

OU Contacts have reasons to believe consensus can't be formed around any 2 candidates.

I know many others are saying different, that it looks like an EXP of 2...Dude says everything.
But OU Contacts believe UH/UC/UCONN/BYU

The interesting day was July 21st. We tweeted out OU Contact info of UH/UC/BYU/UCONN before any Texas supporting UH public tweets

All the reasons given on July 21st in accordance to OU Contacts are same reasons today.
So yeah..we are boring.

John Robert ‏@JJanusik33 · 3h3 hours ago  Highpoint, OH
@flugempire
any candidate more in place than other? Like uc/uh for sure and possible uconn/byu/ucf? Just curious

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@JJanusik33
UC
Then the next 3...all need horse trading votes (which we discussed on July 21st) BYU-UH-UCONN.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@JonBCoker
OU Contacts don't believe it will be UH/Cincy.
They don't think a UH +1 will secure the 8 votes needed. But will see..

Reaction Score
BTM:OU contacts
"BYU will thread the needle on wording. Won't be issue. Can't see consensus forming on two. Still UH/UC/BYU/UCONN."

Mat Carlile ‏@carlile_mat · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire
Looks like BYU as done some of this
BYU adjusts Honor Code requirements after religious discrimination complaint

I don't think you will be seeing anything different from us. Obviously if it's an expansion of only 2 our OU contacts didn't see it.

If Memphis makes it in B12 expansion...again we will be wrong. Same with CSU. Same with all others. If no EXP, again we will be wrong.

OU Contacts have reasons to believe consensus can't be formed around any 2 candidates.

I know many others are saying different, that it looks like an EXP of 2...Dude says everything.
But OU Contacts believe UH/UC/UCONN/BYU

The interesting day was July 21st. We tweeted out OU Contact info of UH/UC/BYU/UCONN before any Texas supporting UH public tweets

All the reasons given on July 21st in accordance to OU Contacts are same reasons today.
So yeah..we are boring.

John Robert ‏@JJanusik33 · 3h3 hours ago  Highpoint, OH
@flugempire
any candidate more in place than other? Like uc/uh for sure and possible uconn/byu/ucf? Just curious

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@JJanusik33
UC
Then the next 3...all need horse trading votes (which we discussed on July 21st) BYU-UH-UCONN.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@JonBCoker
OU Contacts don't believe it will be UH/Cincy.
They don't think a UH +1 will secure the 8 votes needed. But will see..

Flug don't fail me now.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

Ditto on the MSU fans. The ones we encountered in Detroit were obnoxious throughout the game, but that was nothing compared to how they acted after they won. About all you heard from them on the concourse was F UCONN...A lot of drunken cretins. If Jerome Dyson had played in that game we win it. I can't imagine how they would have acted afterward if that had happened.

Try being their main rival.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Try being their main rival.

You have my sympathy. I'm a big fan of the maize and blue. Are the MSU fans even worse than Ohio State fans? The Suckeyes are certainly on the short list of America's most obnoxious college sports fans. A guy I used to work with attended a game in Columbus as a visiting fan and vows he'll never do that again.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Flugs is telling us what OU wants and what people close to program think will happen. McMurphy is only telling us what ESPN wants. The difference between the two is that McMurphy is getting shrill because ESPN is more financially impacted by certain outcomes vs. others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom