Non-Key Tweets | Page 697 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I felt like the game did well in CT based on the talk on twitter. But then I remembered my timeline is filled with a bunch of Boneyarders so of course the only tweets I saw were about the game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That's what I don't get about BYU. How are they appealing to both ESPN and Fox? Or either of them for that matter? ESPN already owns them and Fox is looking for Eastern content, apparently. Unless BYUs TV appeal is so high that they're a must have for Fox and they're willing to forgo Eastern content to get their hands on BYU. I think BYU's appeal is more like Flug says. On the ground appeal. Their people are everywhere and go to games. And in Provo they sell out every week.

BYU's television ratings are nothing special.

Great atmosphere and their fans travel well, but still.

Reaction Score
The only two schools acceptable to Fox and ESPN lol. I know, based on previous tweets, that he's referring to Houston and Cincy. (Or BYU and one of them.)

Which is funny since BHV and a former CBS sports exec said we are the most valuable TV property.

It has taken until now but he has finally outed himself as a fraud.

I thought that he did that around 2011-12 or so.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Which is exactly why ESPN wants UConn in the AAC. If the AAC was controlled by any other non-Mouse network, UConn would be in a P5 conference. It is and UConn is not.

Which exposes another area where he is deluded...suggesting that ESPN and Fox want the same thing or the same schools. I have 100% confidence that they do not. I doubt that Fox wants BYU or Houston.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Who does the Dude think he is by protecting his tweets and why does he do it in the first place? I'd think he would want as many people as possible consuming his garbage. Plus, it's not half as fun following only one side of @Dooley's evisceration of him in my timeline.

Reaction Score
Who does the Dude think he is by protecting his tweets and why does he do it in the first place? I'd think he would want as many people as possible consuming his garbage. Plus, it's not half as fun following only one side of @Dooley's evisceration of him in my timeline.
The tweet protection is nonsense anyways, I requested a follow with a dummy egg-picture account that has zero tweets and follows like three people and he accepted nonetheless. So if he's doing it to screen his followers then he's doing an awful job.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
BYU's television ratings are nothing special.

Great atmosphere and their fans travel well, but still.

Am I the only one who, when I get an alert saying "Fishy quoted your post...," gets nervous that I'm about to be throat punched all the way to Syracuse?

MattMang23

Reaction Score

The tweet protection is nonsense anyways, I requested a follow with a dummy egg-picture account that has zero tweets and follows like three people and he accepted nonetheless. So if he's doing it to screen his followers then he's doing an awful job.

I think it was done a long time ago when he decided to make a Facebook group about conference realignment and he was "only" going to share his "updates" on that page. He locked everyone out of Twitter so that they would join his Facebook group.

Reaction Score
6% of people watching in Houston's home market is weak.

You're kidding, right?

For the entire 2015 regular season, only 2 games did better than 6.3 on ESPN in the Houston market.

Plus, it was a blowout, and we were playing a school no one in Houston cares about.

We freaking knocked it out of the park. There's a reason ESPN is pumping UH every chance they get.

Reaction Score
You're kidding, right?

For the entire 2015 regular season, only 2 games did better than 6.3 on ESPN in the Houston market.

Plus, it was a blowout, and we were playing a school no one in Houston cares about.

We freaking knocked it out of the park. There's a reason ESPN is pumping UH every chance they get.

Slow down there, Coug. You're getting way ahead of yourself.

Yes, 6.3 isn't terrible and given it was a blowout, the rating suffered but don't act like this was a big win. It wasn't. It most definitely wasn't knocking it out of the park relative to the rest of college football.

Last year alone, SEVEN (not two) regular season, NON-Houston games fared better than this 6.3 rating you say "knocked it out of the park." And this game was a primetime, Thursday night window where only one NFL game and no other major college football games were competing against it. A 6.3 home market rating is not good. In fact, nearly two dozen metered markets AVERAGE 4-5 rating for games that don't even include their own home market teams. If the city of Houston was only able to muster a 6.3 rating for a top-10 team in a prime time game with little or no competition, this should not be seen as knocking it out of the park. It's a bloop single.

ESPN's hyping Houston because of the team, not because of the perceived fan support or lack thereof. You are excited because you haven't personally seen these numbers for your team, but relative to college football, these aren't good ratings. There are bluebloods routinely doing ratings of anywhere from 20 to 75 in their home markets. A 6.3 is barely a blip on the radar especially when it occurred with a window where there was very little going on against it.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Slow down there, Coug. You're getting way ahead of yourself.

Yes, 6.3 isn't terrible and given it was a blowout, the rating suffered but don't act like this was a big win. It wasn't. It most definitely wasn't knocking it out of the park relative to the rest of college football.

Last year alone, SEVEN (not two) regular season, NON-Houston games fared better than this 6.3 rating you say "knocked it out of the park." And this game was a primetime, Thursday night window where only one NFL game and no other major college football games were competing against it. A 6.3 home market rating is not good. In fact, nearly two dozen metered markets AVERAGE 4-5 rating for games that don't even include their own home market teams. If the city of Houston was only able to muster a 6.3 rating for a top-10 team in a prime time game with little or no competition, this should not be seen as knocking it out of the park. It's a bloop single.

ESPN's hyping Houston because of the team, not because of the perceived fan support or lack thereof. You are excited because you haven't personally seen these numbers for your team, but relative to college football, these aren't good ratings. There are bluebloods routinely doing ratings of anywhere from 20 to 75 in their home markets. A 6.3 is barely a blip on the radar especially when it occurred with a window where there was very little going on against it.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Reaction Score
18th most watched programming in terms of viewers during prime time

10th most watched programming in terms of 18-49 aged viewers during prime time.

For reference: the Kansas/TT game ranked 80th / 84th

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
This part isn't a great look for us comparing to Cincy.

You aren't going to any conference because of football and you won't for several years. If you get in, it's because of men's basketball, the NYC market, and the fact you se the largest, best known flagship university in the NE. Football would help a little, but it isn't a major reason why.

Reaction Score
Last year alone, SEVEN (not two) regular season, NON-Houston games fared better than this 6.3 rating you say "knocked it out of the park."

A 6.3 is barely a blip on the radar especially when it occurred with a window where there was very little going on against it.

Um, you are including network games on CBS, ABC, FOX and NBC. Cable games get worse ratings.

As I originally (and correctly) said, only 2 games did better all last year in the Houston market "on ESPN."

As for blips on the radar, only 19K TV households tuned into the game in the Hartford/New Haven market. Got a 2.2 rating in that market. Ouch.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Um, you are including network games on CBS, ABC, FOX and NBC. Cable games get worse ratings.

As I originally (and correctly) said, only 2 games did better all last year in the Houston market "on ESPN."

As for blips on the radar, only 19K TV households tuned into the game in the Hartford/New Haven market. Got a 2.2 rating in that market. Ouch.

You tout this like it's going to help you, but it actually hurts you. While you may be strong in Houston (duh), how good were you nationwide. National ratings is what the Big12 needs, not more Texas exposure.

Why would ESPN want to take Houston, who presently is making them a butt load of money in the AAC and put them in a conference where the coverage is redundant? As far as ESPN pushing Houston, of course they would, everybody loves a Cinderella story and that's what you are right now.

I actually thing you would be a decent fit in the PAC, but you would have to keep up this run after Herman leaves.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Lol, it's been a rough few years and I think many knew what the outcome was going to be. Before you take a ratings lap on this one, you might want to consider that our woman's basketball team gets better ratings, or at least get a commitment from Herman that he's not leaving at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Lol, it's been a rough few years and I think many knew what the outcome was going to be. Before you take a ratings lap on this one, you might want to consider that our woman's basketball team gets better ratings, or at least get a commitment from Herman that he's not leaving at the end of the season.

LOL good luck getting that commitment from Herman. The only thing he's going to be committing to is a plan to play USC, LSU, and UT against one another to become the highest paid coach in the game.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
LOL good luck getting that commitment from Herman. The only thing he's going to be committing to is a plan to play USC, LSU, and UT against one another to become the highest paid coach in the game.

If he's paid more than Nick Saban, something is wrong.

Reaction Score

So you're touting how impressive people are supposed to be that only two out-of-market games, on ESPN only, scored higher last year than a prime time game on Thursday night involving the top-10 home market team in a window with no competition? Clearly you aren't self-aware that what you're saying is not impressive at all. So the city of Houston tuned in slightly more for this game than they did two SEC teams they have no attachment to? Wow. Color me impressed (sarcasm, there).

That's not impressive. Again, a 6.3 rating for a top-10 home market team in a window with no competition is not a good rating. Seriously, look at what the big boys do. Do some research. You'll find a 6.3 in that circumstance is actually not something to brag about.

Coug, I'm pulling for Houston. I'm a big Tom Herman fan and I love what the program is doing. But being objective here, the 6.3 market rating is not a good college football rating for that kind of window for a home-market team. It's really not.

Reaction Score
If he's paid more than Nick Saban, something is wrong.

Oh I agree, but there feels like a perfect storm building where the deepest of pockets all vie to prove who is the most desperate. Herman could be the beneficiary of this insanity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom