Non-Key Tweets | Page 670 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Do really need to have a meeting on the definition of a "commuter school?" It means a school where the lion share of students don't spend time on campus other than going to class. If you live in an off campus area that has been housing students since the Johnson administration you can safely consider that to be campus housing for the purposes of CR discussion.

Just to be clear, do you mean the administration of Andrew Johnson or Lyndon Johnson?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They have to ignore all of the facts and data because of the governor. And because of realignment Rule #1.
I didn't think the Gov. of Texas had all that much power.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is such a clown show.

That's insulting to clowns. I would say its more of a donkey show, but I'm pretty sure that watching one of those ranks as far classier as well

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is such a clown show.

It really is. The big 10, ACC, pac 12 marvel in comparison to the dysfunction the big 12 has shown to the public that it's in. That being said.....UCONNBIG12

Reaction Score
I really don't think the B12 is screwed up, just TX is, and the league is impacted by that instability.

What is the B12 supposed to do exactly if UT wants to be a free agent in 2025?

They are probably working 20+ models on what their next best move is. They certainly know their next best move is probably something better than committing to a league that adds teams like UH, UC, BYU, UCF, UConn, etc.

OU is smart in that they know joining the SEC makes the path to the playoffs 100x harder.

It really is. The big 10, ACC, pac 12 marvel in comparison to the dysfunction the big 12 has shown to the public that it's in. That being said.....UCONNBIG12

Reaction Score
"Texas doesn't care about/want to look at data" pretty much sums up this entire process. Texas wants what Texas wants. They could care less about anyone else.

Reaction Score
"Texas doesn't care about/want to look at data" pretty much sums up this entire process. Texas wants what Texas wants. They could care less about anyone else.

The longer this dragged on this was always the probable outcome. Data presentations were supposed to clarify the best path forward for the league. Texas has just clarified that the future of the league is not a major priority for them. Now you have to see how the other institutions react and whether this becomes an ugly public fight, or just a weak surrender that could leave the "junior" members scrambling for survival in a few years.

Reaction Score
I wonder what the Texas threat is right now. We going to leave and take our network to the ACC? Do the teams in the ACC want that really?

Reaction Score
IMO Texas actually prefers a weak Big12. It allows them complete and total control and insures their word is the final word. UT wants the status quo but if it is a choice between an equal more powerful Big12 or a weaker Big12 with UT in control then we know what UT will do.

If this latest round of "UT don't need no data, now give me Houston" hasn't convinced the other Big12 members they need to make the expansion decisions which best strengthens the league then they deserve what they will get. ...a front row seat to an imploding conference while searching for a new P4 home

The only chance for the other Big12 programs to get out from under UT's boot is to build up their conference. UT only builds one thing...its own power base. UT will split the baby before it will share it.

Reaction Score
I wonder what the Texas threat is right now. We going to leave and take our network to the ACC? Do the teams in the ACC want that really?
Why not? They seem OK with ND which basically has its cake and gets to eat all of it without sharing.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

As part of an agreement to join the league?? And is DeMauro not considered premium top shelf? He is a reporter, even if he went to BCU.

Reaction Score

As part of an agreement to join the league?? And is DeMauro not considered premium top shelf? He is a reporter, even if he went to BCU.

This is all because UConn moved the Holy Cross game in 2017 to 8/31 instead of the previously scheduled 9/9. There was no game scheduled for the 31st and to open the season w/ a bye or conference game would not be optimum. UConn is @ UVA on 9/16.

As far as Texas @ Yankee Stadium - not going to see a game scheduled @ Yankee Stadium in September.

Reaction Score
This is all because UConn moved the Holy Cross game in 2017 to 8/31 instead of the previously scheduled 9/9. There was no game scheduled for the 31st and to open the season w/ a bye or conference game would not be optimum. UConn is @ UVA on 9/16.

As far as Texas @ Yankee Stadium - not going to see a game scheduled @ Yankee Stadium in September.

Party pooper.

Reaction Score

If taking on Texas means that the ACC is still standing when the P4 emerge, the answer is yes.

Reaction Score

Agree on that as the Yankees would not want to risk the field with the playoffs right around the corner. That said, Texas could easily fill-up MetLife...

Reaction Score
You get the feeling Tim F and Dimauro conspired to fk with the Boneyard?

Sept 9th Texas has a game with UCF and BB season hasn't started. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
You get the feeling Tim F and Dimauro conspired to fk with the Boneyard?

Sept 9th Texas has a game with UCF and BB season hasn't started. :rolleyes:

I don't see why people are assuming that the game would be played on the same day that the Holy Cross game was cancelled.

Reaction Score
I don't see why people are assuming that the game would be played on the same day that the Holy Cross game was cancelled.

I'm not - The game shift is what sparked the convo based on the timelines - I'm only speculating on the Yankee Stadium/MSG piece. Basketball doesn't roll until November and football has Missouri and BC home games to work around. Logistically doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
I'm not - The game shift is what sparked the convo based on the timelines - I'm only speculating on the Yankee Stadium/MSG piece. Basketball doesn't roll until November and football has Missouri and BC home games to work around. Logistically doesn't make sense.

unless it's an in conference football game which I am going to believe until I find out otherwise and have my dreams crushed

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
IMO Texas actually prefers a weak Big12. It allows them complete and total control and insures their word is the final word. UT wants the status quo but if it is a choice between an equal more powerful Big12 or a weaker Big12 with UT in control then we know what UT will do.

If this latest round of "UT don't need no data, now give me Houston" hasn't convinced the other Big12 members they need to make the expansion decisions which best strengthens the league then they deserve what they will get. ...a front row seat to an imploding conference while searching for a new P4 home

The only chance for the other Big12 programs to get out from under UT's boot is to build up their conference. UT only builds one thing...its own power base. UT will split the baby before it will share it.

I think you hit on the answer to resolving this mess. If OU is truly committed to the expanded B12 long term, then it should be working on TT, Baylor and TCU. All three should know that it's expand or die. In order to keep faith with the Texas politicians, UH needs to get in, which means 4 teams need to get in.

I don't know the dynamic between UT and the other 3. Do they have any autonomy? Will this be seen as crossing UT? What are the repercussions of that? What it OU's relationship with these 3, since they are usually on opposite sides in internal B12 beefs. Does OU have anything to offer that can grease the skids?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom