Non-Key Tweets | Page 662 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I went to St. Louis University and I bleed Blue for UConn since i was 5yrs old and all my friends root for UConn when they see sports with me... Go Huskies!!!! there are so much UConn fans out there especially when it comes to the UConn girls every where I go.... Here it Love the UConn Girls... that could easily filter into love the UConn football :) I hope so

you're a Billiken?! My mom worked with Debbie Yow and Jamie Pollard there for years back in the day. Cousin is a nurse at SLU-H now. Good to see another SLU guy here

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I went to St. Louis University and I bleed Blue for UConn since i was 5yrs old and all my friends root for UConn when they see sports with me... Go Huskies!!!! there are so much UConn fans out there especially when it comes to the UConn girls every where I go.... Here it Love the UConn Girls... that could easily filter into love the UConn football :) I hope so

I'm a Fairfield U alum, even got married there, but bleed National Flag Blue and White.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Also, realize that UConn fans living in Connecticut are less likely to be advertising the hometown school than out of area universities. Wouldn't you feel much more compelled to put UConn stickers up if you lived in Arizona or Florida or Carolina?

I live in PA... and put a UConn sticker on my car. So there's probably some truth to this. I actually don't have a sticker from my alma mater on there... for what it's worth I see UConn stuff down here all the time. One of the other parents from my daughter's soccer team might as well have a UConn body wrap on his car with the number of stickers and swag he's got on his.

Reaction Score
MH ver 3 ‏@MH ver 3  · 36m36 minutes ago
Looks like the timetable is changing. My source tells me B12 putting off announcement until seasons end. Will probably announce all 4 then.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Looks like the timetable is changing. My source tells me B12 putting off announcement until seasons end. Will probably announce all 4 then.
I'm gonna need some flug confirmation on that. He's been quiet recently.

Reaction Score

If true....then it's time to win some football games. It can't hurt.

Reaction Score

I was hoping we'd get 4 more months of insanity. This is awesome news! Every fumble and interception will be analyzed as the reason we did not get chosen.

Just think of the next 4 months as a men's BB game on their forum board (if you've witnessed a game thread during the season, you'll know what I mean).

Tom/Fishy's dream just came true. More clicks than an Ivy league school.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If true....then it's time to win some football games. It can't hurt.

I can see it now. UConn goes 11-1, Houston disappoints, and Cinci is terrible. BYU is .500. So the Big 12 leaves use off the list in December due to our terrible football team.

Reaction Score
You must know Dan Donigan, now head coach of RU soccer. UConn is well traveled in the sporting world.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I was hoping we'd get 4 more months of insanity. This is awesome news! Every fumble and interception will be analyzed as the reason we did not get chosen.

Just think of the next 4 months as a men's BB game on their forum board (if you've witnessed a game thread during the season, you'll know what I mean).

Tom/Fishy's dream just came true. More clicks than an Ivy league school.

They'll be selling ad space at a higher price than the American sells all of their content in no time!

Reaction Score
I can see it now. UConn goes 11-1, Houston disappoints, and Cinci is terrible. BYU is .500. So the Big 12 leaves use off the list in December due to our terrible football team.

It's sounds silly but I think that's why they want to have it done before the season gets underway. That way this single season isn't over-amplified especially considering that a single season is not that strong a factor in the decision.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's sounds silly but I think that's why they want to have it done before the season gets underway. That way this single season isn't over-amplified especially considering that a single season is not that strong a factor in the decision.

Since we don't know what the decision is yet, it is hard to make that claim. Hopefully one (or two) recent seasons of football success isn't weighed too heavily, but if Maymfuss is chosen, we will know that it was.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah, UCF after bottoming out is a potential power because they hired Frost (who by the way has zero games under his belt as head coach). If we go 11-1, the narrative will be "they'll lose Diaco soon so they are out of the running".

Reaction Score
Tilman Fertitta ‏@TilmanJFertitta · 2h2 hours ago
What a great day! So proud to be able to support @UHouston to revamp #hofheinz & help get us to @Big12Conference.

Cqt3tWCVMAA0jLL.jpg

Reaction Score
What a great day! So proud to be able to support @UHouston to revamp #hofheinz & help get us to @Big12Conference.

Cqt3tWCVMAA0jLL.jpg

Wow they got the guy that invented a breakfast food to make a donation...pretty impressive.

Reaction Score

Cqt3tWCVMAA0jLL.jpg
uconn needs a hand gesture and/or a catchy battle cry like Roll Tide or War Eagle...
How about MUSH!!!!

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
This dude is giving a shout out to the 21 schools currently vying for membership.

upload_2016-8-25_13-51-45.png

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The origin of the hand sign is depressing: "During her transport from Houston to Austin, one of the fingers on Shasta's paw was severed when the cage door was closed. As the University of Texas partisans and players caught wind of the accident, they mimicked the animal by bending their thumb over the ring finger against their palm. This gesture implied that the Cougars were invalids. The Cougars would go on to lose the game 28-7."

A poor tortured animal looses a "finger".... and they make a hand sign out of it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
That's a huge sport in Fairfield County.

I saw a University of Michigan golf cart yesterday ,I think my next golf Cart will be UConn themed
Should it be
White with Blue lettering?
Or Blue with White lettering?
UConn or Connecticut ?
What Logo ?

We are closing on our Florida house tomorrow. After the movers arrive on Monday and we get most of the stuff unpacked, we are going golf cart shopping. You better believe our cart will be National Flag Blue with the Husky/ UConn logo on it. I may even try to get the logo on the seats! Not going to let those SEC fans in the community push me around!!!!!!!!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We are closing on our Florida house tomorrow. After the movers arrive on Monday and we get most of the stuff unpacked, we are going golf cart shopping. You better believe our cart will be National Flag Blue with the Husky/ UConn logo on it. I may even try to get the logo on the seats! Not going to let those SEC fans in the community push me around!!!!!!!!!

My dad lives on an island with a couple of golf course in SC. It's like an ongoing battle down there. You need a Husky golf cart flag. He has friends who rock Michigan, Ohio State and several others and it's kind of a fun rivalry among the retired set.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom